University of St. Augustine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

westcoastin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of applying to St. Augustine and while on their website came across this statement I somehow had not seen before: "Make it your goal to complete this step (step1) at least one month before the application deadline for your program." Step 1 consists of sending in the autobiography, statement of purpose, and résumé. To make matters confusing, another statement on their website says "Early applications are always welcome. Please make every effort to complete your application and submit supporting materials a month before each deadline to ensure we can receive and compile all of your documents before we begin the formal review process. If space permits, we continue accepting applications after these deadlines."

As you can see, these are seemingly inconsistent statements. I have e-mailed the school but have not heard back. My question for current and future St. Augustine students is first and foremost, what does St. Augustine want submitted one month in advance of the deadline? Do they want just the autobiography, statement of purpose, and résumé? Or do they want the entire application submitted, including supporting materials (LORs, GRE, etc.)? Secondly, are there any consequences for not submitting the required materials one month in advance? Or do they just put that so students won't send everything at the last minute?

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I just need some clarification. Your guys' help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to USA last fall. They told me their deadlines are not very strict. For example, I took my GRE 5 days prior to the deadline. As you know, it takes about 3 weeks to get GRE scores. So USA got my official GRE score about 2 weeks after the deadline, and that was not a problem at all.
All these "flexible deadlines" sounded very weird at first because all other schools I dealt with were not flexible at all.
As for their recommendation to submit everything 1 month prior to the deadline... It is only their suggestion (most schools say that you should apply as soon as you can). It is not a must.
I would say apply as soon as you can (to hear back from them as soon as possible). Submit everything you have, even if it is not the whole package (like if you have not taken GRE yet or are still observing, etc.). You do not have to submit everything 1 month prior to the deadline. You may actually be fine even if you submit stuff after the deadline:).
It also takes them usually a week or more to process the material that they receive from you. Again, if you SEND everything by the deadline, you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to USA last fall. They told me their deadlines are not very strict. For example, I took my GRE 5 days prior to the deadline. As you know, it takes about 3 weeks to get GRE scores. So USA got my official GRE score about 2 weeks after the deadline, and that was not a problem at all.
All these "flexible deadlines" sounded very weird at first because all other schools I dealt with were not flexible at all.
As for their recommendation to submit everything 1 month prior to the deadline... It is only their suggestion (most schools say that you should apply as soon as you can). It is not a must.
I would say apply as soon as you can (to hear back from them as soon as possible). Submit everything you have, even if it is not the whole package (like if you have not taken GRE yet or are still observing, etc.). You do not have to submit everything 1 month prior to the deadline. You may actually be fine even if you submit stuff after the deadline:).
It also takes them usually a week or more to process the material that they receive from you. Again, if you SEND everything by the deadline, you should be fine.

Wow, thanks so much for your informative response. You answered everything I needed to know and more. Really, you couldn't have been more helpful. It's a relief to know that nothing will be held against me for not having submitted my application one month before the deadline (June 15). Also, it's nice to know that USA is relatively lenient with their deadline, knowing sometimes life happens and doesn't allow applicants to get all their materials in by the deadline.

Reactions: 1 user