University of St. Augustine???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agh this wait to hear back from the interview is killing me...has anyone heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I think we'll have to wait just a little bit longer...

How did you guys do in the interview? Nervous?

I think I'm transferring to the San Diego campus :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm transferring to the San Diego campus :)

Well, that's interesting. Any reasons why? Considering your previous comments I figured you'd want to stay at St. Augustine where it's a little cheaper.

Well, that's interesting. Any reasons why? Considering your previous comments I figured you'd want to stay at St. Augustine where it's a little cheaper.

A few reasons:
1) I grew up in FL. The campus and surrounding areas were nice, but it just felt so similar to where I grew up. I think it may be interesting to live in somewhere completely different and I've always considered Cali as a final destination.
2) The tuition is about 14k more for the entire program but the real price increase should be from the cost of living. I need to research this more but I think I could find some roommates and live like a college student again to lower my expenses.
3) It's a little less competitive..I feel like I had a decent interview but it all depends on if my interviewer liked me or not. Scary.
4) Did I mention its San Marcos/San Diego? :cool:

Does anyone know about how many applicants were at the interviews?

The director of admissions said about 100. And according to what he told my mom while I was in my interview, almost all of us will get in, especially in the DPT program because they adjust the number of places to the number of deserving candidates that they find (usually 50-60). So we can hope!!!

Also, were any of you in the second group to interview? If so, I'd like to know your opinion about the comment that one of the students made saying that our group definitely got in. Do you think he was joking or serious?

I think there were 80ish...
50-60 DPTs
15 MOTs
and 4 Duals
Let me know if you guys here anything...I'm still waiting

The director of admissions said about 100. And according to what he told my mom while I was in my interview, almost all of us will get in, especially in the DPT program because they adjust the number of places to the number of deserving candidates that they find (usually 50-60). So we can hope!!!

Also, were any of you in the second group to interview? If so, I'd like to know your opinion about the comment that one of the students made saying that our group definitely got in. Do you think he was joking or serious?

I was in the third group...What did he say? Do you think the we were grouped by colors based on our stats? I thought it was random.

We only had two groups didn't we? One that interviewed at 12:00 and the other at 12:30... Am I missing something?

Did you interview for the San Marcos campus? We had 3 groups.. I interviewed at 12:50

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure that was a joke...about the first group of students getting in. Purely going by stats, I'm pretty sure I'd get in lol.

Actually he said 2nd group was "in" haha. Just a joking I'm sure. Excited to hear... not good at being patient! So you think they really do change the number of acceptances each trimester? I heard 55ish pt, 15ish ot. I wonder how many of each interviewed...

Yeah, I was waiting for him to say "just kidding" after he made the joke about us in the second group getting in, but I didn't hear it. I'm sure it's was a joke, but I definitely thought about it on the way home. My interview was EXTREMELY laid back, almost to the point where I started to worry about it. Hopefully we hear something back soon, good luck everybody!

My interview was not that relaxed.... they didn't try to make it horrible or anything, but certainly wanted to get to know us through our answers....

What would you do if you saw a student cheating on an exam, why did you chose PT, why St. Augustine, what are important qualitites of a physical therapist, ect.

They were pretty serious with our answers, however made us feel comftorable along the way. I feel good, but mine was not THAT laid back... until the last 5 minutes or so.

I am still so curious as to the numbers! Anyone hear anything?

My interview was not that relaxed.... they didn't try to make it horrible or anything, but certainly wanted to get to know us through our answers....

What would you do if you saw a student cheating on an exam, why did you chose PT, why St. Augustine, what are important qualitites of a physical therapist, ect.

They were pretty serious with our answers, however made us feel comftorable along the way. I feel good, but mine was not THAT laid back... until the last 5 minutes or so.

I am still so curious as to the numbers! Anyone hear anything?
msw3030, mine was similar to yours...kind of tense until the last 5 minutes or so. We had the same kind of questions too...

why St. Augustine, why PT, greatest weakness, what is integrity & give example, how do you handle stress, give example of a dispute with a friend/coworker & say how you handled it, what would you do if you were in a group & 2 members weren't pulling their weight, & if you were a fruit what would you be & why

It was really tense for most of the interview but it got pretty relaxed at the end, especially when we asked them our questions. They seemed really pleased that we had questions to ask them.

Did everyone else have another candidate in their interview?

Still dying to get that phone call! Has anyone heard back?

Actually he said 2nd group was "in" haha. Just a joking I'm sure. Excited to hear... not good at being patient! So you think they really do change the number of acceptances each trimester? I heard 55ish pt, 15ish ot. I wonder how many of each interviewed...
According to what the director of admissions said to my mom, it varies every year...he said it's anywhere from 50-60ish but they basically offer entry to everyone that they find deserving, so let's hope they found us deserving! I'm dying to hear something!

Got the phone call, I'm in too!! Good luck everybody!

Found out today, I got in too!!! Woohooo!!!!!!

Just got my acceptance call, still waiting on a couple other schools before I decide. congrats everyone.

Has anyone that interviewed for the San Marcos campus heard anything? ...still waiting

Congrats! One of needs to start a Facebook group! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
They said we would get a complete list of people who got in later when we get the rest of our information, so maybe we should wait until then? That way we can add the whole class.

I got a call Tuesday morning that I was accepted into the San Marcos program. Can't wait!

Anyone out there who still has not heard anything yet?

Shyster, did you ever hear anything?

No, unfortunately I never heard anything back. I think it's so interesting that they told us if we don't here anything back within three weeks to give them a call, but when I called them exactly three weeks later they had closed up for the holiday. I was very angry.

Has anyone looked at the Estimated Cost form? What stands out to me is the 12,000 dollars expected to cover Clinical expenses?

What exactly are clinical expenses...?

Guessing here but from what I've read clinical expenses would probably include travel to and from the clinic you get assigned to. Depending on where the clinic is at, you may also need to pay for a place to stay and food stuff. And whatever other expenses that may come up ie lab coat, uniform, vaccine checkup/shots, etc

Yeah I kind of guessed that myself, but I'm not sure how they arrived at 12,000 for a 23 week clinical lol.

They probably overestimate the cost just so that we won't be taken by surprise. That allows us to have loans ahead of time for any unexpected costs. Better for things to cost less than expected than more.

Does anyone have any experience being wait listed at USA? I was put on the wait list for Summer 2012 but they informed me no seats have opened up so I will be reconsidered for fall. I'm just wondering if I even have a chance as fall is supposed to be the most competitive cycle. Also don't they expect any seats to open up between now and May?

mackaroo,

Everyone attending has already put down a 500 dollar tuition deposit. The only way I see someone dropped is if they don't get approved for financial aid OR they are holding out for a different program.

best of luck!

Does anyone have any experience being wait listed at USA? I was put on the wait list for Summer 2012 but they informed me no seats have opened up so I will be reconsidered for fall. I'm just wondering if I even have a chance as fall is supposed to be the most competitive cycle. Also don't they expect any seats to open up between now and May?

I was waitlisted as well but I haven't received an e-mail yet. Did you apply for the San Marcos campus?

I was waitlisted as well but I haven't received an e-mail yet. Did you apply for the San Marcos campus?
Hey I also, was waitlisted and applied to the San Marcos campus have you heard anything yet? the waiting game sucks!!

Hey I also, was waitlisted and applied to the San Marcos campus have you heard anything yet? the waiting game sucks!!

Still haven't heard anything. They told me they would e-mail at the end of January and tomorrow is February 1st, so I am not sure what to do. I will probably e-mail them sometime next week if I still haven't heard anything. Best of Luck!

Hi guys!
I applied in San Marco for the class starting in September '12. I just got invited for an interview at the end of this month. Does anyone know if St.Augustine pays for travel fee to and from the interview? I live in Hawaii... Going to cost me about $550 just to get there...

Also, thanks everyone for posting info about interview questions. This really helps!

Thanks to everyone for all your help! I applied for the Dual Degree at San Marcos and was invited for an interview on February 24th. Does anybody have an interview for the same day? I need to call and see if they have any other sessions because I am interviewing at a different school on the same day :( But USA is my #1 choice, so if it comes down to it, I will choose USA.
Julie, I highly doubt that they would help out with travel fees. I'm traveling from Texas and am looking about the same cost to get over there. Hopefully it will be worth it!

I applied for the Dual Degree at San Marcos and was invited for an interview on February 24th. Does anybody have an interview for the same day?

I will be there on the 24th as well:) See you then!

Hi guys!
I applied in San Marco for the class starting in September '12. I just got invited for an interview at the end of this month. Does anyone know if St.Augustine pays for travel fee to and from the interview? I live in Hawaii... Going to cost me about $550 just to get there...

Also, thanks everyone for posting info about interview questions. This really helps!

I doubt they will even consider reimbursing your travel expenses :( I will be flying in from Kansas City. Just finished booking a bed and breakfast place on airbnb.com (so much better than a hotel).

If you haven't joined AirBnB, please check it out ( I get a $25 credit if this link is used when booking :thumbup:) : http://www.airbnb.com/tell-a-friend?airef=xg3pz344aezz5

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I will be there on the 24th as well:) See you then!
I will also be there on the 24th! Phew, I was getting a little worried when I saw all the earlier interview dates of Dec 2nd too. Have you guys figured out your method of transportation? I'm from Canada and it's apparently a long weekend in the US?

President's Day is February 20th, but only government workers have the day off, FYI. The next major holiday is Easter.

Kevin

Hi All,

Does anyone have a interview on february 17th at the St. Augustine campus? Also if anyone has interviewed already if someone could give me information on the writting sample questions they have asked? Thank you!

I will also be there on the 24th! Phew, I was getting a little worried when I saw all the earlier interview dates of Dec 2nd too. Have you guys figured out your method of transportation? I'm from Canada and it's apparently a long weekend in the US?

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Dec 2nd interviews were for the class of May 2012. I talked to Steve Jones, and he said there were no other available dates for interviews (in San Marcos) so I'm hoping they only have one day set up? Or maybe the other dates are full. Oh well, I'm super nervous and excited! Hope we all do great :thumbup: