University of Sydney C/O 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youstinatutti

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I can't seem to find much info on the University of Sydney or many people who applied. Has anyone heard back from them at all after applying this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I also applied to USyd this cycle :)
I also haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm assuming they'll just let us know the final decision sometime in November :s

Hello! I also applied to USyd this cycle :)
I also haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm assuming they'll just let us know the final decision sometime in November :s
It's so nerve-wracking! I don't think many people apply from the U.S. I spoke to a current U.S. student, and she said they have a higher acceptance rate for us internationals because their university typically flies under the radar. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I also applied this cycle, but I’m still trying to figure out one page syllabus requirement with the school. I hope it won’t affect my application. : (

Hi, I also applied this cycle, but I’m still trying to figure out one page syllabus requirement with the school. I hope it won’t affect my application. : (
I applied last year and was accepted but did not end up attending the program. By one page syllabus requirement, are you referring to the detailed outline of all the prerequisite courses that you have taken?

I applied last year and was accepted but did not end up attending the program. By one page syllabus requirement, are you referring to the detailed outline of all the prerequisite courses that you have taken?

YES! I took the prerequisite courses while working full time and the courses are from 2, 3 different schools. I can't find the outline of each course but I do have course syllabus. However, it won't be just one page. I submitted the application anyway, hoping that they will understand my explanation.

YES! I took the prerequisite courses while working full time and the courses are from 2, 3 different schools. I can't find the outline of each course but I do have course syllabus. However, it won't be just one page. I submitted the application anyway, hoping that they will understand my explanation.
The outline/syllabus for your prerequisite courses definitely don't need to be one page. Not sure how they will view submission of a syllabus vs an outline of courses; probably depends on how much of an overview the syllabus gives regarding what course topics were covered. For a lot of my courses, the outline of the course was a part of the syllabus. In general, Sydney wanted just one PDF packet of the official outline/overview of each of my prerequisites with a short statement about any material that was not covered in the prereq courses that I took compared to what any of Sydney’s courses cover and then explain if a different course I took went over that missing material. All of this definitely should not be a one page thing but should be in the same PDF to be uploaded to VMCAS.

When I was applying, I was also worried that I did not submit the correct materials/didn't know what Sydney expected my explanation of missing course material to be like but I didn't hear back from them until they emailed me in November about being accepted to the program.

Wish that Sydney was more accessible and explained more clearly on its website/VMCAS what is expected from international applicants. Sorry I couldn't help when VMCAS applications were still open! If you or anyone has any questions about application process or anything, let me know. :giggle: It's definitely confusing and I wasn't the biggest fan of how the school does acceptance timelines for international students. I can't speak to the actual program but I've at least survived the application process.

The outline/syllabus for your prerequisite courses definitely don't need to be one page. Not sure how they will view submission of a syllabus vs an outline of courses; probably depends on how much of an overview the syllabus gives regarding what course topics were covered. For a lot of my courses, the outline of the course was a part of the syllabus. In general, Sydney wanted just one PDF packet of the official outline/overview of each of my prerequisites with a short statement about any material that was not covered in the prereq courses that I took compared to what any of Sydney’s courses cover and then explain if a different course I took went over that missing material. All of this definitely should not be a one page thing but should be in the same PDF to be uploaded to VMCAS.

When I was applying, I was also worried that I did not submit the correct materials/didn't know what Sydney expected my explanation of missing course material to be like but I didn't hear back from them until they emailed me in November about being accepted to the program.

Wish that Sydney was more accessible and explained more clearly on its website/VMCAS what is expected from international applicants. Sorry I couldn't help when VMCAS applications were still open! If you or anyone has any questions about application process or anything, let me know. :giggle: It's definitely confusing and I wasn't the biggest fan of how the school does acceptance timelines for international students. I can't speak to the actual program but I've at least survived the application process.
On the VMCAS app they didn't have that syllabus document that they claimed is required to be submitted. Instead, they had an explanation for any plans you had but COVID cancelled them. So I have nooooo idead where that syllabus thing is. I assumed by us filling out our pre-reqs on the VMCAS it translated the same? I'm not 100% though :/

For those of you who got accepted, around when in November did you guys usually hear back? Toward the beginning, mid, or end?

On the VMCAS app they didn't have that syllabus document that they claimed is required to be submitted. Instead, they had an explanation for any plans you had but COVID cancelled them. So I have nooooo idead where that syllabus thing is. I assumed by us filling out our pre-reqs on the VMCAS it translated the same? I'm not 100% though :/

For those of you who got accepted, around when in November did you guys usually hear back? Toward the beginning, mid, or end?
On Sydney’s website it still says the same documentation requirements from last year additionally their 2021 admissions cycle information pdf didn’t seem to change from last cycle. Maybe Sydney changed their documentation requirements and didn’t update these documentations. I’m not sure. On Sydney’s website it talks about a DVM admissions statement form which does not have to be completed if applying through VMCAS. Last cycle we had a few supplemental essays for Sydney and had a page on the VMCAS app to upload/submit an outline/syllabi of our prerequisite courses that we made (not a premade form) [but it didn’t say on the VMCAS that’s what we were supposed to upload there, you just had to assume since you needed to provide this documentation somewhere and that’s the only place we could put it].

I received my acceptance November 12 but there were some students that I spoke to that received acceptances a week or so later.

On Sydney’s website it still says the same documentation requirements from last year additionally their 2021 admissions cycle information pdf didn’t seem to change from last cycle. Maybe Sydney changed their documentation requirements and didn’t update these documentations. I’m not sure. On Sydney’s website it talks about a DVM admissions statement form which does not have to be completed if applying through VMCAS. Last cycle we had a few supplemental essays for Sydney and had a page on the VMCAS app to upload/submit an outline/syllabi of our prerequisite courses that we made (not a premade form) [but it didn’t say on the VMCAS that’s what we were supposed to upload there, you just had to assume since you needed to provide this documentation somewhere and that’s the only place we could put it].

I received my acceptance November 12 but there were some students that I spoke to that received acceptances a week or so later.
Welp, I definitely didn't do that. It wasn't made clear that we had to upload anything else on the actual VMCAS application. I guess my app. won't be considered then :(

Goodluck to everyone else!

Welp, I definitely didn't do that. It wasn't made clear that we had to upload anything else on the actual VMCAS application. I guess my app. won't be considered then :(

I think they’ll email us to ask for more details if needed, so I wouldn’t worry too much! That’s what their website PDF said.

Now that I look at that information pdf, I realized I never attached a scanned copy of my passport :eek:
I don't recall having a space to upload passport and photo identification, only the outline.
I figured the VMCAS app captures my citizenship information.

Did anyone else also not attach photo identification?
I am going to email the admissions team to see if they will be asking for them later on, or if we can send them now :(

Now that I look at that information pdf, I realized I never attached a scanned copy of my passport :eek:
I don't recall having a space to upload passport and photo identification, only the outline.
I figured the VMCAS app captures my citizenship information.

Did anyone else also not attach photo identification?
I am going to email the admissions team to see if they will be asking for them later on, or if we can send them now :(
I didn't attach my passport to my application so you should be fine. The passport is more for when you are accepted and need to apply for a student visa.

Hopefully Sydney will understand! It truly is a confusing application process as an international applicant. Not sure why they haven't made the process better for international students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m about to finish my second year at USYD. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions! I’m an international from the US

I’m about to finish my second year at USYD. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions! I’m an international from the US
How has the pandemic affected the classes for usyd dvm? Do you know if the changes are likely to continue next year?

How has the pandemic affected the classes for usyd dvm? Do you know if the changes are likely to continue next year?
For the first couple of months, everything was online. The professors were great and turned a completely in-person degree into an online degree in a matter of a few days. We started having in-person practical classes in August for 1-2 days a week. We still do our lectures and tutorials online. Next semester is expected to be the same. Hopefully by July (start of semester 2) we will be back in person, but we just don’t know yet.
Overall, Australia has taken the pandemic very seriously and has been proactive about preventing big outbreaks. Being stuck here is bittersweet and it’s something you need to consider if you have family overseas. I likely won’t see my family in the US until I graduate in Dec 2022

For the first couple of months, everything was online. The professors were great and turned a completely in-person degree into an online degree in a matter of a few days. We started having in-person practical classes in August for 1-2 days a week. We still do our lectures and tutorials online. Next semester is expected to be the same. Hopefully by July (start of semester 2) we will be back in person, but we just don’t know yet.
Overall, Australia has taken the pandemic very seriously and has been proactive about preventing big outbreaks. Being stuck here is bittersweet and it’s something you need to consider if you have family overseas. I likely won’t see my family in the US until I graduate in Dec 2022
Thanks for answering! That sounds really tough about being unable to see family in the US.

Are your 1-2 day practical sessions the ones held in Camden?

Thanks for answering! That sounds really tough about being unable to see family in the US.

Are your 1-2 day practical sessions the ones held in Camden?
No worries! It is tough. It’s a big decision to make.

Yeah the 1-2 days are typically in Camden but sometimes they’ll be online (for now) or on Sydney campus. It just depends what class is running.

I think they’ll email us to ask for more details if needed, so I wouldn’t worry too much! That’s what their website PDF said.
Hopefully Sydney will understand! It truly is a confusing application process as an international applicant. Not sure why they haven't made the process better for international students.
So I emailed the Admissions team at USYD about this part of the application a few days ago and they just got back to me saying it’s actually NOT required. Only if my pre-reqs were sketch and worded differently than the norm and needed to be evaluated by faculty to see if it was eligible. They also said that my app has met all the requirements and has proceed to tier 2 (idk the different tiers tbh). They said I’ll hear my result in late November

So I emailed the Admissions team at USYD about this part of the application a few days ago and they just got back to me saying it’s actually NOT required. Only if my pre-reqs were sketch and worded differently than the norm and needed to be evaluated by faculty to see if it was eligible. They also said that my app has met all the requirements and has proceed to tier 2 (idk the different tiers tbh). They said I’ll hear my result in late November
Congrats on getting to tier 2!

Hi! Thanks again for offering to answer questions about the program!

What was the experience like starting the program given it has a large “feeder” program? Was it hard in any way, with half the class already knowing each other from their undergraduate program? Or has it been a cohesive group overall?

What has been the age ranges and work/study backgrounds of students in your cohort? I’m switching careers, so curious about how diverse the student pool is!

Lastly, what have been some of the highlights and downsides/cons that you’ve experience in the program?

Thanks so much :)

What was the experience like starting the program given it has a large “feeder” program? Was it hard in any way, with half the class already knowing each other from their undergraduate program? Or has it been a cohesive group overall?

What has been the age ranges and work/study backgrounds of students in your cohort? I’m switching careers, so curious about how diverse the student pool is!

Lastly, what have been some of the highlights and downsides/cons that you’ve experience in the program?

One other question I had is about how the placements are organized. I think in another thread, someone mentioned they were competitive. Are these organized by the university, or do students apply and compete for these themselves? Are they normally based in Sydney? Thanks again!

One other question I had is about how the placements are organized. I think in another thread, someone mentioned they were competitive. Are these organized by the university, or do students apply and compete for these themselves? Are they normally based in Sydney? Thanks again!
Hi, no worries!

I believe the feeder program makes up about half of our class. Most of those students starting the feeder program are straight out of high school, but not all of them. So by the time they get to the DVM portion, they’re 20-21.

The other half of the year is pretty diverse (internationals, Australians with more schooling under their belt, etc). Our year group can be a bit clicky, having COVID put restrictions on group gatherings hasn’t helped either. I’m told the year above us is pretty inclusive despite having the same demographics, though. I think it just varies year to year.

While I think much of the class is young, I’d say about half of the class is mid 20s and up. We have a good portion of students in there 30s as well. Maybe 15-20 people? Not 100% how many exactly. I’m 25 myself.

Highlights of the program
- Early exposure to animals (within the first month)
- Exposure to a lot of different animals (Dogs, cats, cows, sheep, horses, pigs, chicken, some wildlife at the wildlife hospital)
- As a first year, you start mini rotations in the veterinary hospital
- The staff is very open to feedback. They have meetings with students regularly and take on suggestions
- During your third year, you undertake a research project with potential to get published
- You can practice in many places after graduation

Where the program can improve
- The staff is still getting used to the CANVAS dashboard, so they haven’t quite mastered how to disseminate information in a user friendly way
- The staff can sometimes take awhile to get grades back to you
- The grading system is different than the US (what I’m used to). A 75% is considered a distinction grade equating to a US ‘A’
- There can sometimes be a lot of last minute communications or unclear communications
- We are required to go to Camden Campus 2X a week for 1st and 2nd year and all of 3rd year. It’s about 1 hour from Sydney campus

Placements
- Can be a hassle to organize and competitive like you said. My year group had to do applications and ballots. The applications were competitive and the ballots were randomly allocated. I believe they are phasing out applications for industry placements, or at least they did during corona times. For our industry placements, we were just randomly allocated. I’m doing a preparatory clinical placement soon, and this was through application. It’s much less competitive than industry placements were though because there are more options to choose from.
- Have to consider potential extra costs associated with placements (travel, accommodation, etc). There are some placements to complete in Sydney but you’ll probably have to travel a bit for most of them.
- Due to the above, placements are both something I enjoy and dislike about this school. While they can be competitive to organize, I found them really rewarding and engaging experiences.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask me to clarify anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, no worries!

I believe the feeder program makes up about half of our class. Most of those students starting the feeder program are straight out of high school, but not all of them. So by the time they get to the DVM portion, they’re 20-21.

The other half of the year is pretty diverse (internationals, Australians with more schooling under their belt, etc). Our year group can be a bit clicky, having COVID put restrictions on group gatherings hasn’t helped either. I’m told the year above us is pretty inclusive despite having the same demographics, though. I think it just varies year to year.

While I think much of the class is young, I’d say about half of the class is mid 20s and up. We have a good portion of students in there 30s as well. Maybe 15-20 people? Not 100% how many exactly. I’m 25 myself.

- Exposure to a lot of different animals (Dogs, cats, cows, sheep, horses, pigs, chicken, some wildlife at the wildlife hospital)
- The staff is very open to feedback. They have meetings with students regularly and take on suggestions
- During your third year, you undertake a research project with potential to get published

- The staff is still getting used to the CANVAS dashboard, so they haven’t quite mastered how to disseminate information in a user friendly way
- The grading system is different than the US (what I’m used to). A 75% is considered a distinction grade equating to a US ‘A’
- There can sometimes be a lot of last minute communications or unclear communications
- We are required to go to Camden Campus 2X a week for 1st and 2nd year and all of 3rd year. It’s about 1 hour from Sydney campus

Placements
- Can be a hassle to organize and competitive like you said. My year group had to do applications and ballots. The applications were competitive and the ballots were randomly allocated. I believe they are phasing out applications for industry placements, or at least they did during corona times. For our industry placements, we were just randomly allocated. I’m doing a preparatory clinical placement soon, and this was through application. It’s much less competitive than industry placements were though because there are more options to choose from.
- Have to consider potential extra costs associated with placements (travel, accommodation, etc). There are some placements to complete in Sydney but you’ll probably have to travel a bit for most of them.
- Due to the above, placements are both something I enjoy and dislike about this school. While they can be competitive to organize, I found them really rewarding and engaging experiences.

Thanks so much!! This is really helpful :)

This might be a silly question — what’s the difference between a clinical placement vs an industry placement? What are some examples of places people do for both of these? I’m from the US, so I’m less aware of what this entails for Australian placements. Thanks again!

Thanks so much!! This is really helpful :)

This might be a silly question — what’s the difference between a clinical placement vs an industry placement? What are some examples of places people do for both of these? I’m from the US, so I’m less aware of what this entails for Australian placements. Thanks again!
An industry placement is basically a placement where you work as a farm hand. We have to complete 8 weeks consisting of 3 electives and 5 ‘core species’ (horse, dairy, beef, sheep and intensive. Intensive was either pigs, chicken or aquaculture). Each placement is 1 week long. You complete these in the second half of your first year through your second year.

A preparatory clinical placement is kind of the transition between industry placements and your fourth year clinical placements. The preparatory placements basically have you shadowing a vet nurse/vet tech at a vet hospital. Most are small animals but we had some horses and specialty clinics to choose from as well. Each placement is 2 weeks long and you’re required to do 2 (so 4 weeks total). You complete these between your second and third year.

In your third year, you’re supposed to do a 2 day abattoir (slaughter house) placement. However, COVID has preventing current 3rd years and possibly incoming 3rd years from completing this.

In fourth year you do your clinical placements where you are under the guidance of a veterinarian and discuss treatment plans. I believe most of these placements are 4 weeks long and you do a total of 11 months of placements in 4th year.

I can only speak to industry placement so far as I’m in the process of applying to preparatory clinical placements. I had placements in the suburbs of Sydney, Dubbo, Narrabri, Tocal and Cairns. Cairns was an elective one I chose as I got to work at a sea turtle rehabilitation center. Was super cool!

The industry placements, preparatory clinical placements and abattoir placements are requirements to meet UK accreditation I believe.

An industry placement is basically a placement where you work as a farm hand. We have to complete 8 weeks consisting of 3 electives and 5 ‘core species’ (horse, dairy, beef, sheep and intensive. Intensive was either pigs, chicken or aquaculture). Each placement is 1 week long. You complete these in the second half of your first year through your second year.

A preparatory clinical placement is kind of the transition between industry placements and your fourth year clinical placements. The preparatory placements basically have you shadowing a vet nurse/vet tech at a vet hospital. Most are small animals but we had some horses and specialty clinics to choose from as well. Each placement is 2 weeks long and you’re required to do 2 (so 4 weeks total). You complete these between your second and third year.

In your third year, you’re supposed to do a 2 day abattoir (slaughter house) placement. However, COVID has preventing current 3rd years and possibly incoming 3rd years from completing this.

In fourth year you do your clinical placements where you are under the guidance of a veterinarian and discuss treatment plans. I believe most of these placements are 4 weeks long and you do a total of 11 months of placements in 4th year.

I can only speak to industry placement so far as I’m in the process of applying to preparatory clinical placements. I had placements in the suburbs of Sydney, Dubbo, Narrabri, Tocal and Cairns. Cairns was an elective one I chose as I got to work at a sea turtle rehabilitation center. Was super cool!

The industry placements, preparatory clinical placements and abattoir placements are requirements to meet UK accreditation I believe.

Thanks so much! That is so helpful :) really appreciate you taking the time to answer in detail!

How large is the class size of your cohort? Just wondering how many people they typically admit! Thanks!

wouldn’t the class starting in February 2021 graduate by 2024 end of year? So we wouldn’t necessarily be class of 2025?

T
wouldn’t the class starting in February 2021 graduate by 2024 end of year? So we wouldn’t necessarily be class of 2025?
That is true, however they don’t hold the official graduation ceremony until March of the following year

How do you feel you are getting prepared to pass the NAVLE? I was reading a previous years thread where someone was worried about the curriculum.

taken from their website
November/December 2017 and April 20189778%
November December 2018 and April 201911655%

seeing the 55% worries me

How do you feel you are getting prepared to pass the NAVLE? I was reading a previous years thread where someone was worried about the curriculum.

taken from their website
November/December 2017 and April 20189778%
November December 2018 and April 201911655%

seeing the 55% worries me
I think it’s difficult to interpret those results with such small numbers. I think there are some Australians in the mix that take the test just because and don’t study for it properly.
I believe the school does reimburse you for VetPrep if you complete a certain percent of the course. The school is also working on making their own NAVLE prep website.
I am confident that the school will fully equip us for taking the NAVLE. However, this test does take a lot of individual studying and I think it’s important to do some extra studying on North American-specific topics (I.e. specific diseases and toxins present only in NA)

You mentioned about a third yea
Hi, no worries!

Placements

You mentioned a research project in the third year. Which class is that part of? Do students work with a professor or supervisor or part of a team? Or is it an independent project? It sounds really neat!

Do you know how many graduates of the DVM program later do residency programs to become specialists afterwards?

Related to that, do you happen to know the rough percentage mix of areas that graduates typically go into when they graduate from the Sydney dvm program? Do many people go into wildlife (an area I’m interested in)?

Thanks again!

You mentioned about a third yea

You mentioned a research project in the third year. Which class is that part of? Do students work with a professor or supervisor or part of a team? Or is it an independent project? It sounds really neat!

Do you know how many graduates of the DVM program later do residency programs to become specialists afterwards?

Related to that, do you happen to know the rough percentage mix of areas that graduates typically go into when they graduate from the Sydney dvm program? Do many people go into wildlife (an area I’m interested in)?

Thanks again!
This project is part of our research class. We learn basic research and stats skills in the first 2 years and put those skills to the test in third year. You work under a mentor - sometimes this can be more than one mentor. You come up with an idea yourself and pitch it to your desired mentor.

I'm not 100% on the other questions you've asked. I think in general, a small portion of students go on to specialize. Additionally, (in general) a very large percent. I'm sure you already know this, but wildlife is very competitive to get into and many vets who choose to do exotics or wildlife will work will small animals for the majority of their time. Also, an exclusively wildlife veterinarian will not make much money at all.

This project is part of our research class. We learn basic research and stats skills in the first 2 years and put those skills to the test in third year. You work under a mentor - sometimes this can be more than one mentor. You come up with an idea yourself and pitch it to your desired mentor.

I'm not 100% on the other questions you've asked. I think in general, a small portion of students go on to specialize. Additionally, (in general) a very large percent. I'm sure you already know this, but wildlife is very competitive to get into and many vets who choose to do exotics or wildlife will work will small animals for the majority of their time. Also, an exclusively wildlife veterinarian will not make much money at all.

thank you! this is really helpful!
I think one of your sentences might have cut off. You said “Additionally (in general), a very large percent” — what were you were referring to in that sentence? Thanks again! :)

thank you! this is really helpful!
I think one of your sentences might have cut off. You said “Additionally (in general), a very large percent” — what were you were referring to in that sentence? Thanks again! :)
Oops! I was trying to say that in general, most vet schools will have the majority of their graduates going into small animal general practice. Just the nature of the field. I believe it’s the largest paying as well (without any further schooling).

Do you guys think we'll hear back this week or next week around thanksgiving? Lol I can't figure out what is defined as "late November"

Hopefully, the end of this week because the wait is killing me! :nailbiting: :dead:

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think that we’ll hear back this week? I doubt they’ll make us wait until the 30, but this wait is so painful! Per every other past thread, acceptances are typically received on a Monday, Tuesday or Friday. Fingers crossed we hear back soon! :xf:

Do you guys know what’s happening with visas for new international students to Australia? Wondering whether there are going to be difficulties even starting the course for us next year. I guess it being online for most classes makes it a bit more feasible.

Do you guys know what’s happening with visas for new international students to Australia? Wondering whether there are going to be difficulties even starting the course for us next year. I guess it being online for most classes makes it a bit more feasible.
I believe they are still granting student visas so that students will be ready to enter the country once the border opens. Unfortunately I don't see the AUS government opening the borders anytime soon...I saw someone comment in the USyd med school forum that the school was leaning towards giving out acceptances to international students that are already currently residing and studying in Australia. I'm not sure how credible that statement is though. Atm I'm just hoping the school will give us some sort of reply this week whether it's acceptance or updates to the program. Fingers crossed that we hear good news!

Hi! I was wondering if you could share a bit more about the online courses and what other international students already in the program have done this year? Are they mostly based in Australia like yourself, or are there many who are now overseas and taking courses online?

In general how have the online courses been?

I emailed the school and they confirmed core classes will be held online next semester so I wanted to hear your perspective on the unusual experience

I believe they are still granting student visas so that students will be ready to enter the country once the border opens. Unfortunately I don't see the AUS government opening the borders anytime soon...I saw someone comment in the USyd med school forum that the school was leaning towards giving out acceptances to international students that are already currently residing and studying in Australia. I'm not sure how credible that statement is though. Atm I'm just hoping the school will give us some sort of reply this week whether it's acceptance or updates to the program. Fingers crossed that we hear good news!
Thanks! I emailed the school and they said we have the option to stay overseas and take the core required classes online in the first semester, and defer the in person practical to semester 2 when hopefully borders reopen.

Thanks! I emailed the school and they said we have the option to stay overseas and take the core required classes online in the first semester, and defer the in person practical to semester 2 when hopefully borders reopen.
Hi there, this is very helpful. Would you mind sharing the email with me?

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say that I got accepted into University of Sydney!!!!! I just received an email 3 hours ago (Monday) @ 8ish and I honestly cannot believe it. I am so excited and this just all feels surreal.

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say that I got accepted into University of Sydney!!!!! I just received an email 3 hours ago (Monday) @ 8ish and I honestly cannot believe it. I am so excited and this just all feels surreal.
Wow Congratulations!!!! Were you international??

So we’ll definitely be online in February then and won’t be allowed into Australia? I know some schools work with the government to allow international students in as an exception. I wonder if they’ll do that.

I called USYD about 6 hours ago and they said my application is still with the faculty and there’s no decision made yet. Kind of makes me nervous that it’s still with the faculty this late. Sounds like they’re iffy about me. This wait is killing me!!