University of Sydney - DMD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrat! Just by curiosity, how much is the deposit?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they started sending out the letter. I just received an offer from Sydney! Good luck guys! :thumbup:

I just received an offer as well! Congrats to all that get the offer! Good Luck to all those waiting...Hope to see you guys in Sydney next year :D

Hey everyone!

I just received my offer from the USyd DMD program. I'm over the moon right now!!! :)

BEST OF LUCK TO THIS YEAR'S APPLICANTS!!! Hope to see many of you next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
So no mention about the deadline for a deposit or how much the deposit is?

I just got my acceptance as well. I`m so excited.
Anyways, I started a new threat (USyd DMD Cohort of 2012). I would love to get to know those of you who received their acceptances.
Cheers!!!

p.s. Good luck for those of you interviewing in August.

Got an email today saying my application quality was "high" and I may get an offer depending on the subsequent acceptance rounds. I can't tell if this is pretty much a generic rejection letter or I'm legitimately wait-listed. I figure if I was actually wait-listed, that it would mention the term in the e-mail.

Anyone else get this email recently?

Edit: Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah, agreed that it seems pretty uninformative.

Last edited:
I think they're telling you to keep waiting. I don't think there's anything definitive you can take from that email.

hi williamdent,

I got the same e-mail at about the same time as your post. It's rather uninformative.

A week ago, I sent an email about offers to the Admission officer at the Medicine faculty, the admission officer at the Dentistry faculty, and the international admission office representative. They all gave me different answers (which was nice at least I know I am dealing with people and not automatic reply), but they were all saying they don't know the exact date. One of them told me the last interview was at Aug 31st 2011, so at least interviews for the second block are over.

A week ago, I sent an email about offers to the Admission officer at the Medicine faculty, the admission officer at the Dentistry faculty, and the international admission office representative. They all gave me different answers (which was nice at least I know I am dealing with people and not automatic reply), but they were all saying they don't know the exact date. One of them told me the last interview was at Aug 31st 2011, so at least interviews for the second block are over.

Thanks Easty.

I emailed an admissions rep too and he mentioned they were hoping mid-september.

So... I called admissions for the University of Sydney and they said that they sent out the final admission offers for the Dental applicants around 3 weeks ago. :eek:

I was interviewed first round back in June and have been following the forums... :S

Did anyone receive one of those offers?