University of Sydney or Royal College of Surgeons Ireland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koalabear7

Reaction score
How do these schools compare to one another and how are they perceived in Canada? I am not a Canadian PR but I intend to apply for one later on to join my sister in the GTA. I can get a job with the Australian degree in my country but I want to move out and I can work in Australia but only in a remote/rural area which I'm not that keen on. RCSI tells me that with their degree, I can work in Ireland or the UK or USA as well so I'm increasingly open to this. I would appreciate any relevant information or advice. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also trying to learn about this. I am a US citizen researching schools in Ireland. From what I've heard the math lists between US and Ireland are better than Australia. Don't know about Canada.

I do think that no matter where you get your medical degree, you'd need to complete a Residency in a US hospital before being licensed. US teaching hospitals will place "foreign" students at a lower priority than domestic students.

Status
Not open for further replies.