University of Szeged Students/Graduates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

travelbug5341

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a student from the US and am applying to the University of Szeged. I am wondering if there are any current students or graduates who might be able to share their impressions of the University and the city, good and bad, so that I can get an idea of what to expect there.
It would also be helpful if I could get some information from graduates on how well a degree from Szeged transfers to the states.
:)
Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think , not many current or past students from Hungary post here. But i might be wrong. If you don't find any info here, you might want to check the valuemd.com forums, cause many people post there.

Good luck

Its your lucky day. I am just finishing my first year at the University of Szeged, exam period now. It has been a very interesting experience so far. It's tough but that's med school. Any questions you may have I would be more than willing to answer them if i can.
What part of the US are you from? I'm from Pennsylvania.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I'm from northern California.

I'm trying to get a feel for what the school and the university are like, since I can't really afford to fly out there to have a look around. How do you feel about the education you are getting? Are the students pretty friendly, or is it clique-y? Also, how do you like the city of Szeged? I know it's pretty small but I chose it over Budapest because I think I would be more comfortable in a smaller city, being more of a neighborhood bar kind of person instead of a multi-level club person :)

By the way, good luck on your exams!

I'm trying to get a feel for what the school and the university are like, since I can't really afford to fly out there to have a look around. How do you feel about the education you are getting? Are the students pretty friendly, or is it clique-y? Also, how do you like the city of Szeged? I know it's pretty small but I chose it over Budapest because I think I would be more comfortable in a smaller city, being more of a neighborhood bar kind of person instead of a multi-level club person :)

Me too am applying to u. zseged for this fall. im still in the process of finishing the medical certificate, it needs HIV test done. after this everything should be all set to go. by the way am from massachusetts.

hello nice to meet you travelbug and amberleigh. I feel the education is pretty good..just you have to work very hard at it here. It's not like the schools in the US at all. Oral exams in all major subjects and written exams in the others. MTO's for the anatomy during the semster are oral exams in front of your whole group and you have to know the material covered for that section. You get topics for the oral finals and if you fail just one topic you fail the final, but you have up to 3 chances to pass. I'm not trying to scare you just letting you know the facts.
The other students are great, so much variety. I now have friends from all over: Japan, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Taiwan, France, Turkey, Israel, Serbia..etc. And even though there are cultural differences at times overall we all get along and have a great time!
I actually fell in love with this city. Its a pretty quiet college town if you want to call it that. It gets really quiet after 11 at night, thats when all the buses stop. All the locals are very nice and most are willing to help. As for neighborhood bar thing ..yes it is kinda like that but they have quite a few discos here and festivals almost every month. Just had Szegedi Borfesztival (wine festival)at the end of may..many things going on foods, wines (of course), booths and free open outdoor concerts....just sad i didn't get much time to enjoy..too much studying to do. But in the fall before classes start Szeged has its annual Fish Festival.

I'd say Szeged is definitely better place to choose for a quiet town atmosphere.:):thumbup:
If you have any other questions let me know, I'll try to answer them. And thanks I"ll need the luck for exams...hahaha.