University of Tennessee c/o 2017 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it fair for me to ask that nobody shares their questions? I don't think it's very fair to people like myself who interviewed early ... Is that understandable?

I personally have no problem sharing questions. There is interview feedback you can access and some schools even publish their questions. What advantage can really be gained by sharing questions? They are standard interview questions, not off the wall ones like VMRCVM. If your question was something like "tell me about your hobbies?" then knowing it ahead of time gives you no real advantage.

I may be the lone wolf in this thought. But if you want examples of questions I had when I interviewed, PM me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't think there is an advantage either. Most of my questions all pertained to my application and were individual...thus I don't think somebody would be asked the same exact question except for a couple very standard ones like you said jamrockin. My best recommendations would be to go over the interview feedback and know your application!

would anyone like to share their interview questions? or could y'all fill out the interview feedback?? I go in the morning. Anyone else going to be there tomorrow (Thursday)?

In all fairness, if you go in to listen to Dean Brace talk, he'll explain the purpose behind the interview and give examples of the generalized questions (that make up 90% of the interview) that he has trained his faculty/clinicians to ask. Don't worry. It's not as scary as you would think.. just breathe. :)

...and be yourself!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally have no problem sharing questions. There is interview feedback you can access and some schools even publish their questions. What advantage can really be gained by sharing questions? They are standard interview questions, not off the wall ones like VMRCVM. If your question was something like "tell me about your hobbies?" then knowing it ahead of time gives you no real advantage.

I may be the lone wolf in this thought. But if you want examples of questions I had when I interviewed, PM me.

I'm totally in agreement with Jam here... The questions were like:

Why do you want to be a vet? (duh.) What do you see yourself doing in 10 years? How do you think you can contribute to vet med? Unfortunately, I'm a little late to this one or I'd be more than willing to give y'all questions I was asked. ::goes to fill out interview feedback::

It shouldn't have been a big deal. You shouldn't see yourself at a disadvantage just because someone else knows the questions that were asked. Most of them are on SDN feedback anyway. Be confident and secure in yourself as a person and a future vet. That's more important than having the "right" answer. :)

Moiralov, starting Monday, I'm disabling gmail on my phone till I get an answer. Email goes directly to my phone, and I don't want to be in the middle of class/work/driving/etc to find out the answer. :scared:

Good luck to you all. I truly hope we're classmates in the fall!! :) :)

:luck:

How can I access the interview feedback? I've tried, but I can't seem to figure it out. Can someone post a link?

the interview questions are definitely individual and there should be no problem with sharing them if you want. No one will gain any more advantage than someone going through mock interviews over the past few months. They are that general or that specific to YOU

Hey guys! What did everyone think? I actually had fun in my interview and when the time was up, I was surprised. I really liked them. Much better experience than other schools I've interviewed at.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have three tests before next Friday, but this is all I can think about!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!
:scared:

Six to Eight Days LEFT before we find out our results..... I will begin checking email on the 3rd in case the results are ready, but Dean Brace said we should know on the 5th for sure!

I sure hope Easter and work make the time fly by! :)

I enjoyed meeting all of you that were brave enough to approach me and ask if I was indeed Jamr0ckin. ;)

Everyone I talked to was great and I truly hope to meet you in the fall!

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
It was nice to meet you today Jam! I didn't get to talk to you after my interview, but I think it went well. :) The interviewers were very approachable and very friendly and easy to talk to. I was more worried about talking TOO much haha. And sorry to whoever was upset about me asking for questions.. i just knew most were already on the interview feedback so it wouldn't hurt to hear more :) The questions were very standardized..you can google vet school interview questions and be very prepared (as well as the feedback questions here). I'm glad we will get to hear an answer in about a week so I don't have to sit on wondering for too long. Good luck everyone!

oh...and I can't even contain how excited I was to learn that UT sees a lot of BIG CATS! :D

It was so nice to meet you both Jam and tigerlady! I was really impressed with the school and all the students I got to talk to were very positive about the school. It sounds like everyone there really wants us to succeede. I even got to talk to a couple of fourth year students and they were so excited to talk to me about the cases they were working on. I am really hoping for some good news!

I'm totally in agreement with Jam here... The questions were like:

Why do you want to be a vet? (duh.) What do you see yourself doing in 10 years? How do you think you can contribute to vet med? Unfortunately, I'm a little late to this one or I'd be more than willing to give y'all questions I was asked. ::goes to fill out interview feedback::

It shouldn't have been a big deal. You shouldn't see yourself at a disadvantage just because someone else knows the questions that were asked. Most of them are on SDN feedback anyway. Be confident and secure in yourself as a person and a future vet. That's more important than having the "right" answer. :)

Moiralov, starting Monday, I'm disabling gmail on my phone till I get an answer. Email goes directly to my phone, and I don't want to be in the middle of class/work/driving/etc to find out the answer. :scared:

Good luck to you all. I truly hope we're classmates in the fall!! :) :)

:luck:

Forks4spoons: you have way more self-control than I do by disabling your gmail on your phone!!! I hope we get to meet in the fall...:D

Good googly moogly! This week is the week!

I sooooo can't breathe!!!

Happy Easter and/or Game of Thrones Day! We're down to the wire!

Yep...THIS WEEK! I saw forks4spoons feels the same way. I liked the "I sooo can't breathe" part. My appetite has changed since interviews due to nerves.

Good luck to everyone else and I can't wait to see what happens when this thread does get interesting!

Six to Eight Days LEFT before we find out our results..... I will begin checking email on the 3rd in case the results are ready, but Dean Brace said we should know on the 5th for sure!

I sure hope Easter and work make the time fly by! :)

Me too! This week needs to fly by...or at the very least, fastforward to whatever day it is that they send out decisions!!
They might have covered this during the morning meeting before the interviews (I couldn't make it), but are they letting everyone who interviewed no matter what (accepted OR rejected) by the 5th or just those who were accepted?
The suspense is killing me right now!!!! :scared:

Me too! This week needs to fly by...or at the very least, fastforward to whatever day it is that they send out decisions!!
They might have covered this during the morning meeting before the interviews (I couldn't make it), but are they letting everyone who interviewed no matter what (accepted OR rejected) by the 5th or just those who were accepted?
The suspense is killing me right now!!!! :scared:

Normally, all letters go out at the same time. If there is a time crunch, acceptances go out first and the others go out the next day.

I am not sure on the order of the acceptances/rejections/waitlist status, but the Dean said it would be by email first. Thank goodness I don't have to wait for the hard copy in the mail.

I already checked email three times today JUST IN CASE LOL!!
(Fingers Crossed!)

I am not sure on the order of the acceptances/rejections/waitlist status, but the Dean said it would be by email first. Thank goodness I don't have to wait for the hard copy in the mail.

I already checked email three times today JUST IN CASE LOL!!
(Fingers Crossed!)

I did that yesterday too!! A girl can hope, right?
Just thankful that they're sending emails too!

Oh goodness.. I am gonna have an ulcer by the time this is all over. :(

I am sick to my stomach!! Every time groupon emails me I have a fit!! #unsubscribed

Does anyone know in the past how many work days after the last interview people were notified? Or no because they didn't use to do it by email?

I am sick to my stomach!! Every time groupon emails me I have a fit!! #unsubscribed

Does anyone know in the past how many work days after the last interview people were notified? Or no because they didn't use to do it by email?

This is the first year we have done email, and they had more time to get things together last year,so last years experiences aren't going to help you any.

This year, you all will be notified much faster than in years past.

This is the first year we have done email, and they had more time to get things together last year,so last years experiences aren't going to help you any.

This year, you all will be notified much faster than in years past.

I heard Dean Brace say that the 5th would be the absolute latest, but that he was shooting for the 3rd.

... which is tomorrow.

:scared:

Okay. Tomorrow. No big deal, except I'll be at work til 5. And I don't have internet on my phone!
Time to stress clean my apartment... Which I totally did before my interview. :)
Good luck guys! I hope it's tomorrow.

Okay. Tomorrow. No big deal, except I'll be at work til 5. And I don't have internet on my phone!
Time to stress clean my apartment... Which I totally did before my interview. :)
Good luck guys! I hope it's tomorrow.

You stress clean; I stress cook. And make a mess doing so! You can come clean any time you want when we're in exams. :p I'll feed you!

Good luck to you (and everyone!)! I hope it's tomorrow, too! It's after 5pm, so I can stop worrying for the evening. (Today was the original date for answers, so I couldn't help but think "...maybe!")

:luck::luck:

That sounds like a great deal. I cannot cook to save my life. :)

Nothing yet...... Do they send emails in a bulk message or do they send each individually? If they send them today I wonder if it wouldn't be until the end of the work day.

What time does their office close so I can know past that point if I haven't received an email that it won't be today?

Nothing yet...... Do they send emails in a bulk message or do they send each individually? If they send them today I wonder if it wouldn't be until the end of the work day.

What time does their office close so I can know past that point if I haven't received an email that it won't be today?

Same here :(
I just checked my email for when they sent my interview offer, and it said around 2pm EST, but idk how late they're there until...

Same here :(
I just checked my email for when they sent my interview offer, and it said around 2pm EST, but idk how late they're there until...

Mine was at 10am EST so I guess they did that in separate emails

They are they until 5ish.

I imagine they will be sent individually, as this is the first time they have done it. A few years ago a school accidentally sent acceptance emails in bulk to the declined list, and we do NOT want to do that.

I know how hard it is, I honestly do... But don't stress yourself out. Sit back, have a beer, and know that no matter what the response is, you are awesome. An acceptance does not define your self worth, nor does a rejection.

If you need to talk after your email, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

I'm going to make a fairly safe assumption that they hold business hours from 8-5 just like everyone else. I could be wrong, but I won't be spazzing about checking my email at 7 pm tonight.

They are they until 5ish.

I imagine they will be sent individually, as this is the first time they have done it. A few years ago a school accidentally sent acceptance emails in bulk to the declined list, and we do NOT want to do that.

I know how hard it is, I honestly do... But don't stress yourself out. Sit back, have a beer, and know that no matter what the response is, you are awesome. An acceptance does not define your self worth, nor does a rejection.

If you need to talk after your email, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You. Are. Awesome.

Sometimes, you just need beer. Or, maybe... just maybe, even a little vodka. :)

I second this! I'm trying to not spaz about checking my email for tennessee knews. That is one of the reasons I've been avoiding sdn like the plague. It would be so much easier to do if drinking at 140 in the afternoon was acceptable ;)

I second this! I'm trying to not spaz about checking my email for tennessee knews. That is one of the reasons I've been avoiding sdn like the plague. It would be so much easier to do if drinking at 140 in the afternoon was acceptable ;)

I approve drinking at 1:40 PM. Just in moderation, of course.

So I'm assuming it probably won't be today. I don't think an hour is enough time to send all of the emails, and I would imagine they would like to do it all on the same day.

I literally ran from my car into my house to check my email. Come on UT. T minus 48 hours, at most.

The majority of the interns at my new job are UTK grads! They all are super awesome!! Can't wait to see this thread blow up with UTK acceptances!!

Fingers are crossed for good news today

AHHHH