University of Tennessee c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I'm remembering correctly you apply for it separately here https://studentloans.gov

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yay! I talked with you both when you interviewed and interviewed one of you! (I'm the blonde 4th year) and have been wondering if you both made it. I think Greenbrier ridge has decent apartments and are pet friendly!
Hi! Yep, we are both attending and will be there for the open house! Thanks for being so kind to us when we interviewed, it really helped us out and calmed us down! :) I'll look into that apartment complex now. Its just so hard to know what area is good being OOS. But hopefully we will figure it out this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Yep, we are both attending and will be there for the open house! Thanks for being so kind to us when we interviewed, it really helped us out and calmed us down! :) I'll look into that apartment complex now. Its just so hard to know what area is good being OOS. But hopefully we will figure it out this week!
Let me know what you find too- I'm also OOS.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I'll be joining you guys in the the fall! Just got pulled off the IS wait list! So excited!! Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Reactions: 5 users
I'll be joining you guys in the the fall! Just got pulled off the IS wait list! So excited!! Can't wait to meet everyone!!
Can't wait to meet you! That's so exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yay, Alexian!!! I was keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I LOVE your screen name
emoji23.png

Haha, thanks!

I'm off of the IS wait list, so I'll be seeing y'all in the fall! Any other Nashvillians on here?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm off of the IS wait list, so I'll be seeing y'all in the fall! Any other Nashvillians on here?

I'm off the IS wait list too! Congrats!!!

Hey! Murfreesboro here! Work in green hills right now :)

Just got the email about the Facebook page starting soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi y'all!
My twin sister and I are OOS students and will be attending UTK in the fall! But we are at a loss for where to live. We are going up next week to sign for an apartment but need to know where to tour first! Any suggestions would be useful!

We are looking for something close to campus with 2x2 availability. We are looking to keep the total to around $1300/month total for the apartment and utilities. Also, it needs to be pet friendly, We will have a rabbit (a rescued mini-rex named Paris) in tow!

OMG someone else with a rabbit. This makes me very happy. You must post a pic somewhere. I am the Official Crazy Rabbit Person for the Class of 2019; I am very relieved there are rabbit people in Class of 2012.

OMG someone else with a rabbit. This makes me very happy. You must post a pic somewhere. I am the Official Crazy Rabbit Person for the Class of 2019; I am very relieved there are rabbit people in Class of 2012.
.......it's late.....we're very stressed....you will understand :p:cool:

Any current students have any insight on study abroad (I remember hearing something about an option to study in Germany)?

Never heard of anyone doing it doing the school year... Maybe you can do it during the summer?

Any current students have any insight on study abroad (I remember hearing something about an option to study in Germany)?
Summers and during December break are the only times that I'm aware of. Germany was a summer program that one individual worked out. The school itself doesn't really have set up study-abroad programs. Everything here is very self-driven, but there are a ton of professors that will help you do whatever you want and several have contacts in Europe and other areas of the globe.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a few vet contacts in Europe as well... both civilian and military. You'd have to figure out the study abroad details through UT, but I'd be more than happy to help with the people I know once we get rolling.

I have a few vet contacts in Europe as well... both civilian and military. You'd have to figure out the study abroad details through UT, but I'd be more than happy to help with the people I know once we get rolling.
Sweet! I love that we haven't even started yet, and already I get the 'family vibe' from everyone on SDN and at UT!

Reactions: 2 users
I would loooove to be able to go overseas one summer and work in a pathology lab. Ideally Australia . There was a kangaroo at the state lab once, but I didn't get to see it

Has anyone been called off the OOS waitlist?

For some reason, I am not getting any info about the Facebook page for admitted students. I see a page up and running but I must've missed something I think. Any help? :)

For some reason, I am not getting any info about the Facebook page for admitted students. I see a page up and running but I must've missed something I think. Any help? :)

Did you get an email about it? I think if you PM @GAH-47D she may be able to help you!

Same here. I've emailed but no response yet. Figured people were just busy .

Did you get an email about it? I think if you PM @GAH-47D she may be able to help you!

I have been looking for an email for a while now. Never got one so I emailed Deborah Shepherd last week but she didn't respond and she is usually very quick with her responses.

I would loooove to be able to go overseas one summer and work in a pathology lab. Ideally Australia . There was a kangaroo at the state lab once, but I didn't get to see it

I'm holding a baby kangaroo in my photo :)

I have been looking for an email for a while now. Never got one so I emailed Deborah Shepherd last week but she didn't respond and she is usually very quick with her responses.

Call her, she told me she answers voicemails faster than emails.

Regarding the FB page, there were issues with people getting onto it who were not admitted, so people are being added one by one as they are confirmed by the admissions office via set-up of their UTK accounts. If you have not set up your UTK accounts, do that so Ms. Shepherd can add you to the list she updates and sends us, and we will send you the email.

Regarding the FB page, there were issues with people getting onto it who were not admitted, so people are being added one by one as they are confirmed by the admissions office via set-up of their UTK accounts. If you have not set up your UTK accounts, do that so Ms. Shepherd can add you to the list she updates and sends us, and we will send you the email.
My UTK account is all set up so hopefully it's not too much longer. I'm eager to meet everyone! Thanks for the info!

Also, please don't contact Ms. Shepherd or the admissions office about the FB page. As I noted in previous posts, this is being set up by my class for your class. They have no involvement with it other than providing us with the names and UTK email addresses of confirmed incoming class members, and I'd rather they not be bothered with questions that they cannot answer. Also, we're going into finals so please be patient with us - it's an extremely stressful time for everyone at the school. Things will come flooding to you soon enough :D

Also, please don't contact Ms. Shepherd or the admissions office about the FB page. As I noted in previous posts, this is being set up by my class for your class. They have no involvement with it other than providing us with the names and UTK email addresses of confirmed incoming class members, and I'd rather they not be bothered with questions that they cannot answer. Also, we're going into finals so please be patient with us - it's an extremely stressful time for everyone at the school. Things will come flooding to you soon enough :D
Thanks for staying active on here. We all appreciate it. :)

So, I asked Ms. S for an updated list and she provided personal emails for those who have not set up UTK accounts. As I said, we're getting into finals, but within the next week or so, you should be receiving an email from either myself or my compatriot, JF. We've been having a lot of issues with the site, so please bear with us. You will be asked for your FB profile name plus a bunch of other details in the email, so please read it thoroughly.

Hi current students! I have a question regarding vaccines. Are vet students required to get rabies vaccine? I can't find info about it on the immunization page.

Hi current students! I have a question regarding vaccines. Are vet students required to get rabies vaccine? I can't find info about it on the immunization page.

Yes! You should get info about that sometime soon but last year I believe they wanted us to have proof of rabies vaccination before classes started.

Oh okay, thank you! Also, do vet students get Revolution or other preventions for free?

To update those who may have had the same concerns as me regarding the Facebook page... I just got the email today and joined the page.

You get discounted stuff from community practice - most of it is priced really low. And a few of the companies have lunch and learns where they provide free samples once a year.

Sometimes