University of Tennessee c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email on 11-24 stating that I got an interview for 1-23 as well! I am an older (30 year old) IS applicant with 8 years experience in a small animal practice and 2 years experience in food production. I feel like my LORs and personal statement are strong points on my application, as well as my experience. My GPA is 3.4 and my GRE were subpar. But I got this far. I didn't know if anyone could offer up some advice or info on the actual interview itself. I've waited a LONG time to get this far...I want to make sure I knock it out of the park.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS applicant here, wondering if any other OOS'ers have heard back? I imagine we'll be the last to know, but just curious ;)
I am also OOS and haven't heard anything! Hopefully we hear back soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am also OOS and haven't heard anything! Hopefully we hear back soon!
We potentially will next week according to last year's thread

I know when I called the university in November they told me applicants would be notified by mid December. I hope everyone is on Santa Paws's nice list! ;)

Good luck everyone! The wait is worse than the interview! Just stay calm and be yourself! They really just want to get to know you. I had a few veterinary related questions, but they also asked me what my favorite book was. Keep your chin up! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody know when Fall 2015 transcripts need to be received by for Tennessee?

Does anybody know when Fall 2015 transcripts need to be received by for Tennessee?

I want to say it was sometime in mid-January (like near the 23rd), but I might be getting that mixed up with another school. Honestly I'm planning on sending transcripts out just after my school (UTK in this case) gets them up so I can cross one more thing off my to-do list.

For OOS interview offers, are they sent out in waves? Or is there just one big wave for them?

Last year interview offers went out by now I think, and it was all at once. I'm terrible at waiting!

Last year interview offers went out by now I think, and it was all at once. I'm terrible at waiting!

Me too! I told myself I'd probably hear something by next week since they said they'd be sending emails by mid-December. But I have been checking my email religiously today and yesterday....

Me too! I told myself I'd probably hear something by next week since they said they'd be sending emails by mid-December. But I have been checking my email religiously today and yesterday....

Someone in last years thread said they got an email at like 7 at night so trying not to check mine until later

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if we will hear back some point this week?

Their website says we should know by the 14th....which is today...:eek:

I am on the website now and it says notifications for interviews should be going out by tomorrow 12/15

^same here, guessing tomorrow will definitely be the day for everyone who gets interviews

To summarize, just the expected "we regret to inform you that we can't offer you a position in the class, we do a holistic evaluation and GPA isn't the main factor, it usually takes more than one application cycle" and then contact information for scheduling application consultations.

If you don't mind me asking what does your last name start with and it may not even be alphabetically
I'm towards the beginning of the alphabet but I don't think it's alphabetical, it sounds like they all went out at the same time.

I'm sorry guys :( don't give up though! Good luck on your other schools!

Reactions: 2 users
So today interviews are going out....what if you do not get an offer today but did not receive a rejection letter yesterday.... will that mean you are waitlisted? If so, when will notifications for that come out?

So today interviews are going out....what if you do not get an offer today but did not receive a rejection letter yesterday.... will that mean you are waitlisted? If so, when will notifications for that come out?
Yeah... I'm dying to know anything too. I think we need to wait till the end of the day before asking that though.

Yeah... I'm dying to know anything too. I think we need to wait till the end of the day before asking that though.
True true. I just wanted to know about the waitlist. I know some schools will notify you but other schools, like Midwestern, won't. Just wanted to know so I don't die from anxiety incase I don't get an interview offer today. But I shall wait until tonight

True true. I just wanted to know about the waitlist. I know some schools will notify you but other schools, like Midwestern, won't. Just wanted to know so I don't die from anxiety incase I don't get an interview offer today. But I shall wait until tonight
Not sure since I don't think anyone on here got a waitlist offer until after interviews. It's a relatively small class so it may just be that they don't do interview waitlists.

No one has heard about interviews yet today have they?

I haven't heard anything and it is killing me!

How many times can I refresh my email today??? Arrgh

Every time I get an email (all spam) my heart STOPS. Then I yell at the sender, "WHY SEND ME THAT TODAYYYY?????!!!!"

Nothing for meeeee ughhh come on TN!

The waitlist is made after they interviews. I know things have been a little tight in the admissions office, one of the secretaries quit recently

Yesterday they were received around 6! So maybe then

I'm going to be upset if we don't hear back tonight! I'm terrible at waiting

Reactions: 3 users
*cries*
I broke down and called... Deborah says we won't be receiving anything until later this week or next week.

Yea I guess nothing tonight guys. :(

Aw no! :arghh: Thanks for the update!

Whaaat? I thought something on the website said today? :(

Yeah on the website it says notification of interview by December 15th.... Maybe they're behind or something?
The waitlist is made after they interviews. I know things have been a little tight in the admissions office, one of the secretaries quit recently
I wouldn't be surprised if they're behind

Is anyone else still waiting on a bunch of schools? Most of the ones I applied to haven't released anything yet

I'm just waiting for UTK and Tufts