Nov 29, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I got an email on 11-24 stating that I got an interview for 1-23 as well! I am an older (30 year old) IS applicant with 8 years experience in a small animal practice and 2 years experience in food production. I feel like my LORs and personal statement are strong points on my application, as well as my experience. My GPA is 3.4 and my GRE were subpar. But I got this far. I didn't know if anyone could offer up some advice or info on the actual interview itself. I've waited a LONG time to get this far...I want to make sure I knock it out of the park.

Reactions: CeiKay and AniSci

CeiKay

UF CVM c/o 2020!!
May 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
OOS applicant here, wondering if any other OOS'ers have heard back? I imagine we'll be the last to know, but just curious ;)
I am also OOS and haven't heard anything! Hopefully we hear back soon!

Reactions: ImAVet
About the Ads

Pawsitive Vibrations

UTCVM c/o 2020
Oct 15, 2015
Status
Veterinary Student
I know when I called the university in November they told me applicants would be notified by mid December. I hope everyone is on Santa Paws's nice list! ;)

Reactions: CeiKay

awood7

UTCVM c/o 2019
Feb 1, 2013
Tennessee
Status
Veterinary Student
Good luck everyone! The wait is worse than the interview! Just stay calm and be yourself! They really just want to get to know you. I had a few veterinary related questions, but they also asked me what my favorite book was. Keep your chin up! :)

CeiKay

UF CVM c/o 2020!!
May 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Does anybody know when Fall 2015 transcripts need to be received by for Tennessee?

Reactions: VetMed2020

AniSci

AniSci
May 4, 2012
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Does anybody know when Fall 2015 transcripts need to be received by for Tennessee?
I want to say it was sometime in mid-January (like near the 23rd), but I might be getting that mixed up with another school. Honestly I'm planning on sending transcripts out just after my school (UTK in this case) gets them up so I can cross one more thing off my to-do list.

ImAVet

Mizzou c/o 2020!
2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
For OOS interview offers, are they sent out in waves? Or is there just one big wave for them?

mgp11001

Officially c/o 2020!!!
Dec 7, 2015
Last year interview offers went out by now I think, and it was all at once. I'm terrible at waiting!

ImAVet

Mizzou c/o 2020!
2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Last year interview offers went out by now I think, and it was all at once. I'm terrible at waiting!
Me too! I told myself I'd probably hear something by next week since they said they'd be sending emails by mid-December. But I have been checking my email religiously today and yesterday....

mgp11001

Officially c/o 2020!!!
Dec 7, 2015
Me too! I told myself I'd probably hear something by next week since they said they'd be sending emails by mid-December. But I have been checking my email religiously today and yesterday....
Someone in last years thread said they got an email at like 7 at night so trying not to check mine until later

About the Ads

vethopeful93

2+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
^same here, guessing tomorrow will definitely be the day for everyone who gets interviews

vethopeful93

2+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
To summarize, just the expected "we regret to inform you that we can't offer you a position in the class, we do a holistic evaluation and GPA isn't the main factor, it usually takes more than one application cycle" and then contact information for scheduling application consultations.

About the Ads

vethopeful93

2+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
If you don't mind me asking what does your last name start with and it may not even be alphabetically
I'm towards the beginning of the alphabet but I don't think it's alphabetical, it sounds like they all went out at the same time.

ImAVet

Mizzou c/o 2020!
2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
So today interviews are going out....what if you do not get an offer today but did not receive a rejection letter yesterday.... will that mean you are waitlisted? If so, when will notifications for that come out?

Nov 22, 2015
So today interviews are going out....what if you do not get an offer today but did not receive a rejection letter yesterday.... will that mean you are waitlisted? If so, when will notifications for that come out?
Yeah... I'm dying to know anything too. I think we need to wait till the end of the day before asking that though.

ImAVet

Mizzou c/o 2020!
2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Yeah... I'm dying to know anything too. I think we need to wait till the end of the day before asking that though.
True true. I just wanted to know about the waitlist. I know some schools will notify you but other schools, like Midwestern, won't. Just wanted to know so I don't die from anxiety incase I don't get an interview offer today. But I shall wait until tonight

Reactions: Vetskoldreama
OP
WildZoo

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unlynchable Wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
True true. I just wanted to know about the waitlist. I know some schools will notify you but other schools, like Midwestern, won't. Just wanted to know so I don't die from anxiety incase I don't get an interview offer today. But I shall wait until tonight
Not sure since I don't think anyone on here got a waitlist offer until after interviews. It's a relatively small class so it may just be that they don't do interview waitlists.

OP
WildZoo

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
But then last year the invite and rejection emails were sent on the same day so :shrug:

About the Ads

CeiKay

UF CVM c/o 2020!!
May 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I haven't heard anything and it is killing me!

Jamr0ckin

UTK c/o 2016
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2010
East TN
Status
Veterinarian
The waitlist is made after they interviews. I know things have been a little tight in the admissions office, one of the secretaries quit recently

Reactions: ImAVet

ImAVet

Mizzou c/o 2020!
2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Yea I guess nothing tonight guys. :(

OP
WildZoo

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
Yeah on the website it says notification of interview by December 15th.... Maybe they're behind or something?
The waitlist is made after they interviews. I know things have been a little tight in the admissions office, one of the secretaries quit recently
I wouldn't be surprised if they're behind

Reactions: vet3542

mgp11001

Officially c/o 2020!!!
Dec 7, 2015
Is anyone else still waiting on a bunch of schools? Most of the ones I applied to haven't released anything yet

About the Ads