University of Tennessee c/o 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegirlfromsherwoodforest

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! I haven't seen a thread for UTK c/o 2022 yet so I thought I'd make one!
I'm an IS 3rd time applicant. Good luck, everyone!

Let's get this thread started!! Woo! :banana:

Members don't see this ad.

Yoooo this probably isn't completely relevant because I'm still in undergrad but I'm thinking of transferring to UTK for the rest of my undergrad. What do people think of the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yoooo this probably isn't completely relevant because I'm still in undergrad but I'm thinking of transferring to UTK for the rest of my undergrad. What do people think of the school?
I don't know much about the undergrad portion...but I love Knoxville!

I have visited Knoxville and I love the city and surrounding area! I just currently go to a super small school and am very worried about the whole big-school feel haha

I have visited Knoxville and I love the city and surrounding area! I just currently go to a super small school and am very worried about the whole big-school feel haha
the vet school is fairly small and compact, though. You don't really need to go to the rest of campus unless you want to

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! Wow, this page is quiet.

I noticed the admissions website lists December 15th as the latest date of interview notification. Does anybody know if denials are released before this or around the same time? Just wondering (to ease my naturally worry-prone mind! Ha).

Good luck to all fellow applicants! We got this.

Hi everyone! Wow, this page is quiet.

I noticed the admissions website lists December 15th as the latest date of interview notification. Does anybody know if denials are released before this or around the same time? Just wondering (to ease my naturally worry-prone mind! Ha).

Good luck to all fellow applicants! We got this.
In previous years it has taken them a little longer to get to the rejections, but they also didn't give a set date for notifications as far as I know. I think last year invites were sent out over the course of a week or so and rejections soon after that.

I emailed an update to admissions and got a reply stating they hope to get invitations out by December 22.

I went to UTK for 8 years, undergrad and vet school. As an undergrad school I would say it's fine. The school itself is big and crowded, and geographically compressed into a very small area. Classes are large and student:teacher ratios aren't great, like most large public universities. For the most part I enjoyed my time there, and the football games are certainly fun. But it's not inherently superior compared to a lot of other schools, in my opinion.

did anyone receive an email or notification that they received all your materials?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received anything other than a confirmation of their receipt of my application on 11/21...so no news is good news? OOS here.

I'm a first time IS applicant and really crossing all my fingers and toes hard! Hoping we hear something soon...

OOS invite this morning!

Reactions: 5 users
IS invited for an interview this morning for January 13th!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if interview invites are sent out all at once, or in waves? my inbox is still empty and I'm trying not to freak out yet.

Invited to interview this afternoon! OOS applicant. It does seem like they're coming out in waves.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm posting a little late, but I received my interview invite yesterday for January 13th and I couldn't be more excited!

Just got my interview invite- for the 12th. So exciting! Good luck to everyone!

From what I hear, interviews are supposed to be the 11th, 12th, and 13th this year. I may see some of you if you interview on the 11th, but I'll be in class all day on the 12th and out of town the 13th. Still, very exciting!

I really hope they're still sending out invites (fingers crossed!!). In the email sent out in November, they wrote notifications would be by email AND snail mail..this not knowing is killing me inside!

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Still haven’t heard anything, hoping that’s a good thing?

I received my invite for the 12th on Monday morning. An hour after a friend of mines.

I have yet to hear anything as well. Hopefully that's a good thing..

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone hear anything today? I still haven't gotten anything, not by email or mail.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Nothing today either, they're closed until the 2nd too :(