University of Tennessee c/o 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have not heard back yet...I just got a reply from Deborah stating the same thing we've been hearing: "...because of you disadvantage statement your application is still being reviewed. We hope to be sending out notifications by mid-February."

Still a little bit of hope!

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

Anyone hear anything yet? This wait is killing me!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear anything yet? This wait is killing me!

I also wrote a disadvantage statement and have not heard ANYTHING. Are they just not interviewing people who wrote disadvantage statements and will straight up accept or reject us? I've been so confused!

Reactions: 1 users
I also wrote a disadvantage statement and have not heard ANYTHING. Are they just not interviewing people who wrote disadvantage statements and will straight up accept or reject us? I've been so confused!

I have no idea. I wish they would give us some kind of update. I’m just glad I’m not the only one stuck in this boat!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Me too.....I don't know if I should just assume rejection considering I haven't heard anything, or hold on to a small glimpse of hope.

I feel the exact same way. I really hope they don’t reject us all, but at this point I feel like they just might.

I’m in the same boat. I haven’t heard a single thing. I even reached out a couple weeks ago via email and I didn’t even get a response. I’ve given up. At least I was accepted to my IS.

Reactions: 2 users
I called today and was told that they are really behind and hope to have acceptances out before February 28th. The 28th would be the latest they'd be sent out.

Reactions: 4 users
Just accepted by email, IS!

IS accepted !! Beyond excited! Keeping my fingers crossed for everybody!

Members don't see this ad :)
IS accepted just before 2pm

Does anyone know what the letter of intention should have in it? Do I just have to put in that my intention is to accept a place in the class, or does it have to be something fancy?

Congrats to everyone with acceptances! As an OOS alternate I was wondering if anyone knew how often Alternates get pulled? I know at least for OOS UTK overaccepts so I'm not super hopeful right now.

The letter of intent is just a written confirmation that you're accepting the spot offered. It will probably be one or two sentences. Don't overthink it.

For anyone waiting for any type of response...like myself! I sent Deborah an e-mail today and she said all final notifications would be sent by March 12th :(

Could anyone who is a current student give some good options for housing.
i went to UT for undergrad and found the most luck searching on craigslist. i was able to find a 3 bedroom house for rent for $950 a month, which would obviously be much cheaper if you had roommates. there are a lot of apartments around campus, but most people would advise to avoid the fort sanders area just north of campus because it can be sketchy. south knoxville is the hipstery part of town (getting a lot more popular with new restaurants and stuff opening every day), west knox is the richer part of town (which means more expensive rent), north knox is mostly suburbs. i lived across the river in south knoxville and it took me about 10 minutes to get to school on the ag campus every day.

For anyone waiting for any type of response...like myself! I sent Deborah an e-mail today and she said all final notifications would be sent by March 12th :(

I haven't heard any type of response either. Ive lost hope at this point :(

Yeah, I'm trying to get into the mindset that it's a rejection..I just find the delayed response a bit cruel and unusual.

I just don't understand why they would sent out acceptances and alternates last week and still not give us any information. Did you write a disadvantaged statement when you submitted your app? From what I've seen on this thread it seems like only those of us who did write one have not heard a single thing.....I don't get it.

I wrote a disadvantage statement and have been accepted. At the interviews however, they told us that we scored high enough on their point system that they didn't need to look at our disadvantage statements so they were not considered. Those who did not score high enough and had written one were put into a different group to be evaluated. I don't know why you wouldn't have been contacted by now though.

+1 for having already been accepted and i wrote a disadvantaged statement. i think they were evaluating those who didn’t make the initial point cut to see if their disadvantaged statement gave them enough points to proceed. not sure why you wouldn’t have been contacted yet though. they may be waiting to see how many people accept their offers.

I just don't understand why they would sent out acceptances and alternates last week and still not give us any information. Did you write a disadvantaged statement when you submitted your app? From what I've seen on this thread it seems like only those of us who did write one have not heard a single thing.....I don't get it.
Yes I did write a disadvantage statement and I knew I wasn't going to have enough points without it, as I am an older student and my first years of college haunt me. I hope what @ThreeLeggedBlackCat and @punker write is true,. However most people have until April to accept their offer so I find mid-March a bit of an arbitrary date.

TBH UT has been my top choice and although I got accepted somewhere else, I'm really holding out for them.

I wrote a disadvantage statement and have been accepted. At the interviews however, they told us that we scored high enough on their point system that they didn't need to look at our disadvantage statements so they were not considered. Those who did not score high enough and had written one were put into a different group to be evaluated. I don't know why you wouldn't have been contacted by now though.

Thanks for the info!! I've been so confused as to why theres been NO response from them what so ever, but I guess that makes sense that maybe they're waiting to see how many people accept their offer and then will contact those of us still waiting after they get a better idea of how the class is filling.

I haven't heard back from them either and I did not even write a disadvantage statement. Luckily, I have been accepted into my IS school so I'm not too worried about it.

Does anyone know when UTK is going to make their Class of 2022 facebook group? I'm looking to see if anyone is needing a roommate.

If anyone is interested in finding a house to rent with a LA resident and her german shepherd, 3 cats, snake, hamsters, and fish tank...send me a pm. Must be ok with rainbows, unicorns, dog hair, and all things Pride. I'll probably hardly ever be home and leave at odd hours in the night. I can furnish everything but your bedroom. If you want random hand knitted hats and scarves, lots of mac and cheese, an overly-friendly large dog to snuggle, a person to ask rando vet questions to, and someone to netflix binge with, let me know!

Does anyone know when UTK is going to make their Class of 2022 facebook group? I'm looking to see if anyone is needing a roommate.
The presidents of the current first year class are in charge of making that group. Usually that doesn't happen until after the April 15th deadline.

Hi everyone!
I'm an OOS applicant on the alternate list. I was just wondering if any current or past UT CVM students could tell me a little bit about what the classes are like/ how the program is organized. Are the lectures recorded? Are you required to buy a laptop/tablet? What's the average day look like? I'm so excited to be considered for this program and am eager to learn more about it! Thanks in advance!! :)

Hi everyone!
I'm an OOS applicant on the alternate list. I was just wondering if any current or past UT CVM students could tell me a little bit about what the classes are like/ how the program is organized. Are the lectures recorded? Are you required to buy a laptop/tablet? What's the average day look like? I'm so excited to be considered for this program and am eager to learn more about it! Thanks in advance!! :)
Lectures are typically recorded, with a couple specific exceptions (anatomy is one). No laptop/tablet requirement. The average day...a little difficult to say. The schedule is variable. But first year you usually have lectures in the morning (8 to noon) and labs in the afternoon. For labs you're split into sections so you usually get at least one afternoon off a week.

Any current UT vet students in the dual degree MPH program? I would love to know your experiences with it. I've tried to email admissions about it but have had no luck

Any current UT vet students in the dual degree MPH program? I would love to know your experiences with it. I've tried to email admissions about it but have had no luck
I'm not but @FeartheDogMonky is. Been a while since he's checked in so if he doesn't see the tag I'll poke him about it irl.

I'm not but @FeartheDogMonky is. Been a while since he's checked in so if he doesn't see the tag I'll poke him about it irl.
Yeah wow, flashback to SDN life. Almost forgot this site existed. Alas, here I am!

Also, if anyone that's attending has any questions about the Summer Gross Anatomy Bootcamp course, let me know. I'll be one of your student instructors, alongside the famous Dr. Reed. If I forget to check this again, maybe bug @WildZoo to see if she'll throw something at me and remind me to check this:claps:

Yeah wow, flashback to SDN life. Almost forgot this site existed. Alas, here I am!

Also, if anyone that's attending has any questions about the Summer Gross Anatomy Bootcamp course, let me know. I'll be one of your student instructors, alongside the famous Dr. Reed. If I forget to check this again, maybe bug @WildZoo to see if she'll throw something at me and remind me to check this:claps:

Goodness... What is the Summer Gross Anatomy Bootcamp course?? Is that supposed to happen before we start? I should probably pay more attention to such things but I have been focusing on my farm this winter/spring instead...

Goodness... What is the Summer Gross Anatomy Bootcamp course?? Is that supposed to happen before we start? I should probably pay more attention to such things but I have been focusing on my farm this winter/spring instead...
From my understanding, information regarding the course should have been sent out with acceptance offers. It might be sent out with formal acceptance packets later? Not sure what administration is doing.

In a nutshell though, it's an optional 2 week crash course through the entire dog running about 3 weeks before classes start. We hit the major points and so far, the students that have participated and actually put in the effort do a lot better during the regular semester. There is no grade and there are no assignments/exams. The sole purpose is for you to learn and ask questions without the pressure you'll have during Fall semester. It does have an out-of-pocket cost (don't know that amount right now), but from my experience and from those that have taken it, it's worth every penny if you put in the effort. The one complaint I have heard was that a student expected to get an A simply because they took the course... as if canine gross anatomy knowledge simply diffused into their brain. But like I said, it's optional and you get out what you put in. Notice a theme in my comments yet? :whistle:

Let me know if there are any other questions. It's a lot of fun, we really enjoy teaching the course, and hopefully I'll see some of you there.

For any current students at UT: I am looking to purchase a condo/townhome or home. We have narrowed down to a new home that is a 15 minute drive from campus without traffic or a new townhome that is 7 minutes to campus. The house is obviously larger with a yard we would fence in for pets. As far as finding roommates to rent, do you think the 15 minute drive is too long? Also, the townhome only has a one car garage so the rest is street parking in a cul de sac. Is that a deal breaker for renters in the area? Sorry for the detailed post. The area I am coming from has an entirely different real estate and rental market so I am at a loss! I would appreciate any input to take into consideration! :)