University of Tennessee Expansion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just read this on the interview feedback for UT - Memphis:

"UT is going to start a satellite program on the Knoxville campus beginning 2006. All students will complete their first year on the Memphis campus. Then, approximately 60 students will transfer to the Knoxville campus to complete the remaining portion of the program. This will increase the class size from 125 students to ~175 students, starting with the entering class of 2005."

Interesting. I wonder how this will affect any plans that are in progress for building a pharmacy school at ETSU. Does anyone know more about this, or if the ETSU plans are still going to occur?

Members don't see this ad.

It is funny how you're so interested about what is going on in other pharmacy schools, even though you already have your place secure somewhere.

TCB said:
It is funny how you're so interested about what is going on in other pharmacy schools, even though you already have your place secure somewhere.

TCB, I am from Tennessee, I grew up there, and my family still lives there. Of course I'm still interested in things that happen there, and things related to pharmacy schools. I'm posting this for those who may be interested in applying to UT. I have friends back home that applied there this year. Plus, there was talk of ETSU opening a new school.

I'm not so sure why you think it's a big deal. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
TCB said:

Speed-

Leave her alone. She's just staying well informed. There is nothing wrong with that.

BTW Boomspeed- nice abs...!

ok... I've heard stuff about the ETSU school. They want to be completely privately funded. Some people came in and did an evaluation of the need of the pharmacy school in the area (grundy-knoxville) rougly 2-3hrs away with 3 pharmacy schools.

they just eval'ed knox and ETSU. They told them to work it out between them.

I believe ETSU is still trying to open up but i'm not for sure.....

Wow, this is really great information! Knoxville is really close to my hometown, and the program will be up and running by the time I apply in two years. :thumbup: