Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Tennessee Health Science Center MOT January 2019 Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlynno

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I started this thread for anyone who is applying to UTHSC for their Master's of Occupational Therapy. The deadline was March 5 (earlier this week), but I'm already anxious to hear back!! Who else applied?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I started this thread for anyone who is applying to UTHSC for their Master's of Occupational Therapy. The deadline was March 5 (earlier this week), but I'm already anxious to hear back!! Who else applied?

I was accepted for early admission. After I interviewed, it took about three weeks to receive my acceptance. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

hey! I applied too, have you heard anything yet? I haven't.

hey! I applied too, have you heard anything yet? I haven't.

Hey! I haven't either. I applied last year though and they notified me for an interview exactly a month after the deadline (april 5).

I applied as well and have not heard back yet. I am so anxious!

Last edited:
Hopefully it will be around April 5th like it was last year!

I got my email last night informing me that I got an interview!! I’m so excited!

I got an interview too!!!

Me too!! Yay! What day and time is yall's?

Me too!! Yay! What day and time is yall's?
1-2 on Saturday he 14th. I believe they divide people in groups and one does the tour first and the other does the interview portion and then they switch!

Does anyone know anything about interview questions, etc.?

Mine is 8-9 on Saturday!! I applied last year and that's how they did it. It's your typical interview questions like why do you want to do OT, what is OT, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I got an interview as well! Mine will be that morning 8-9 as well! Since you did it last year? Is dress attire business professional or business casual?

Hi! I got an interview as well! Mine will be that morning 8-9 as well! Since you did it last year? Is dress attire business professional or business casual?
Congrats!! We will get to meet! I would say business casual such as dress pants, skirt to the knee, blazers, etc. I wore a black skirt with a blue dress top, but I saw people in dress pants and dress tops, dress pants and a blazer, etc.

Congrats!! We will get to meet! I would say business casual such as dress pants, skirt to the knee, blazers, etc. I wore a black skirt with a blue dress top, but I saw people in dress pants and dress tops, dress pants and a blazer, etc.
Thanks! See you Saturday! I’m excited/nervous!!

I got an interview as well! Saturday April 14th 12-1pm. Does anyone know how many get/got interviews? and jlynno, if you don't mind me asking, how did it go last year? did they let you know why you didn't get in?

I got an interview as well! Saturday April 14th 12-1pm. Does anyone know how many get/got interviews? and jlynno, if you don't mind me asking, how did it go last year? did they let you know why you didn't get in?
Hey! I don't mind at all. They are group interviews, btw. It went good and I loved everyone there, but I was definitely nervous! They told me it was because of my GRE which I totally understood because I last minute applied to the program and took the GRE 3 days before it was due. I was okay with that. They already have taken some people due to early admissions, but I'm not sure how many. Last year during the tour, the girls told us that they were interviewing 50 out of 800. The applicant pool should be smaller this year though considering you have to have a Bachelor's.

Does anyone have any idea what the writing portion will be on? or any specific questions they ask?

My interview is from 12-1! Does anyone know if we will only be there for 1 hour or will it last longer?

There wasn't a writing portion last year!
I saw where you said that there were group interviews, do we get any one on one time? I have been to two other interviews and none of them had group interviews, so I have no idea what to expect!

I saw where you said that there were group interviews, do we get any one on one time? I have been to two other interviews and none of them had group interviews, so I have no idea what to expect!

Hey! No one on one time. Everyone gets the same questions except the last one which was situational! I didn't know what to expect either but it helped my nerves and helped me formulate my answer while the other girls were talking. Everyone is sooo nice.

Hey! No one on one time. Everyone gets the same questions except the last one which was situational! I didn't know what to expect either but it helped my nerves and helped me formulate my answer while the other girls were talking. Everyone is sooo nice.
Do you remember how many applicants are in each group interview?

Last edited:
Do you remember about how many applicants are in each group interview?
There were 3 of us applicants and then a teacher, current OT student, and community therapist interviewed us. Hope this helps!

There were 3 of us applicants and then a teacher, current OT student, and community therapist interviewed us. Hope this helps!
Yes it does. Thank you so much!

I was accepted for early admission. After I interviewed, it took about three weeks to receive my acceptance. Good luck!
Do you know how many were accepted in early admin? Also good luck to everyone tomorrow and hope to meet some of you!

Do you know how many were accepted in early admin? Also good luck to everyone tomorrow and hope to meet some of you!
I'm not sure! I chose to attend a different school and declined my offer so that's another open seat. They don't have a set number of seats and they accept up to around 40 I think.

Hope everyone did great on their interviews!!:)

Has anyone gotten an email?
Mrs. Sasse said up to 3 weeks max but last year they got their emails in about a week. Then again the AOTA conference was last week and I know some of the faculty went. Hopefully we will hear back this week!

Reactions: 2 users
Y'all I'm so ready to know!! This checking my email every 5 seconds isn't very fun :(

Yes! I forgot today is Thursday!! Surely today or tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
I still haven’t gotten anything! I was really hoping it would be today.

Called Mrs. Elaine and she said they are “winding down” and we should be hearing back by the end of the week

Reactions: 1 users
Y’all. This is torture. Anyone heard anything?

Do you know how we will be notified? I interviewed on the 14th as well.