University of Tennessee Health Science Center Physical Therapy Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZRocker87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. So, I am a senior physiology major applying to PT school for the Fall 2011 year. My number one choice of schools is the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN. I haven't seen much information about this school on this website, but whether you've heard of it or not, somebody can probably give me advice. I have an overall and pre-req GPA of 3.7. I have over 200 hours of volunteer work under physical therapists (inpatient, outpatient, and home health), am a member of various organizations on my campus, and have at least 100 hours of community service. I used to feel very competitive about my chances for getting into PT school, but i recently took the GRE and made only a 1020 on it with a 4 on the writing section. This meets the "competitive" requirements for my number one choice of school, but I was hoping to do much better on it. Any thoughts on my chances for getting into PT schools, specifically Memphis if anyone is there already? Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I just flew back home after touring UT over the weekend. I had a great experience! I'm going into the OT program, so it's probably a little different as far as the acceptance requirements. Your stats look good overall- and if you're concerned about the GRE have you considered taking it again?
The impression I got was that they look for a well-rounded candidate. Good luck with everything!

I have considered taking the GRE again, but my pre-professional advisor tells me that my high GPA and shadowing hours should make up for my rather low GRE. I would take it again if I really didn't feel confident, but I don't wanna put myself through that kinda torture again lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, you will probably be given early acceptance with your stats even with the 1020 on the GRE. You will be in for sure. You probably will apply to more than one school, but in my opinion you only have to apply to UT because you are definitely in. With your stats you can get in anywhere, you can count on that.

Has anyone heard back after their interview with UT Health Science Center in Memphis for the DPT Program starting August 2016?