• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

bubbajones

BIG TEX
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2003
TEXAS
Visit site
Status
Does this school accept students from Texas or only states surrounding tennessee?

menemotxi

Stalker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
The bushes outside your house
Visit site
Status
They have to take 90% of the class from Tennessee. It's pretty tough to get in out-of-state. I don't know if they show preference to surrounding states or not. Try anyway though, it's a great place to train in the clinical years.

Md 2b In TN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2001
Status
Originally posted by bubbajones
Does this school accept students from Texas or only states surrounding tennessee?
Hey bubba, yes they have to be neighboring states; or be tied to UT some way, ie child of an alum. If you appy without meeting one of these qualifications, it will be just a waste of your money. You can check out their website at www.utmem.edu.

About the Ads

Asclepius

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
What? It wasn't enough that we got killed defending your alamo?!?! Now you want to come to our medical schools too? ;)

Just kidding; I went to undergrad in Texas and heard a great deal of "Texas is the best place on earth", so I take a shot at y'all whenever I can. :)

bubbajones

BIG TEX
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2003
TEXAS
Visit site
Status
I used to live in Chattanooga :D lol but that was only for a year and a half.

Asclepius

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
best year and a half of your life, eh? ;)

About the Ads