Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Texas at El Paso

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alliecatt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone planning to apply to UTEP for summer 2015 admission? I am really confused because I designated UTEP on my OTCAS application and no where on UTEP's website does it even mention OTCAS. You also have to submit transcripts, recommendation letters, and record of your OT observation hours directly to UTEP. Do they not participate in OTCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

They do not use OTCAS. You apply directly to their grad school

They have OTCAS now for their 2016 entry class right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think so. You can double check the participating programs on OTCAS when it opens in a few days. I actually applied this past cycle using OTCAS. They had a few additional requirements (sending in volunteer hours, etc.) but they did take my OTCAS application. Are you planning to apply? If so, good luck!

I am, along with 15 other schools! I called to confirm, not addition information needed just complete OTCAS for the 2016 cycle.

Are you there now? Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm really nervous and hope I get into the program.
@alliecatt

@OTislife I also applied to a bunch of schools. I think it's a really good idea if you're able to afford it. Applying everywhere will give you more options, but it can get very expensive!! I am planning to attend another program this fall.

My general stats were...
GPA: 3.72
Prerequisite GPA: 3.65-3.95 (depending on the school)
GRE: 150 v, 158 q, 4.0 aw (disappointing scores...I studied so hard!)

Not sure if those were the stats you were interested in. Let me know if you have specific questions!

@OTislife I also applied to a bunch of schools. I think it's a really good idea if you're able to afford it. Applying everywhere will give you more options, but it can get very expensive!! I am planning to attend another program this fall.

My general stats were...
GPA: 3.72
Prerequisite GPA: 3.65-3.95 (depending on the school)
GRE: 150 v, 158 q, 4.0 aw (disappointing scores...I studied so hard!)

Not sure if those were the stats you were interested in. Let me know if you have specific questions!
They were, thanks! @alliecatt

Does UTEP require on-site interviews? I live in central Texas and will have a busy fall schedule with finishing classes/work.

@TexasMOT I was accepted without an interview. At the time I applied, their website said something about the possibility of conducting an interview so there may have been some candidates who did interview. I am not sure if the process has since changed though.

BTW...some schools are flexible in terms of distance interviews, even if it seems they won't be. Although an on-site interview can be helpful for getting a feel of a program, for some it's just not feasible. If you are offered an interview that you absolutely cannot attend, you should always check to see if they are able to accommodate you through a distance interview. It doesn't hurt to ask!