This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who else is interested in applying to UT Austin this upcoming year?

• I will apply for early decision

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • I will apply for regular decision

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I am not going to apply to UT

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

CRAZYxPHARMACST

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this upcoming application cycle so I thought I would start one! I am applying early decision to University of Texas at Austin for the 2019 entering class. Let's see if we can support one another through this long and tedious application process and hopefully get to know some of our potential future class mates.

I took my PCAT in July of 2018 (this year) and my preliminary results were good, but I hope my final score report doesn't change much! I also just completed my PHARMcas application and supplemental application with fees paid and all supporting documents received. If anybody has questions about the applications feel free to ask me!

P.S. One of my goals of this thread is to find some potential roommates (male) for these next few years in Austin to save on living-expense loans!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't see a thread for this upcoming application cycle so I thought I would start one! I am applying early decision to University of Texas at Austin for the 2019 entering class. Let's see if we can support one another through this long and tedious application process and hopefully get to know some of our potential future class mates.

I took my PCAT in July of 2018 (this year) and my preliminary results were good, but I hope my final score report doesn't change much! I also just completed my PHARMcas application and supplemental application with fees paid and all supporting documents received. If anybody has questions about the applications feel free to ask me!

P.S. One of my goals of this thread is to find some potential roommates (male) for these next few years in Austin to save on living-expense loans!
Qhen dis u submitt ur application and jas it been verified

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application 2 weeks ago and it hasnt been verified. They got my transcripts before i submitted my application all 4 evaluations has been submitted since last monday. Pcat got yo them 2 weeks ago too ajd pharmcas is still taking their time
I finished my application last week, my last evaluation was just sumbitted last night and so I’m just waiting on my official PCAT results and my application to be verified.

I finished my application last week, my last evaluation was just sumbitted last night and so I’m just waiting on my official PCAT results and my application to be verified.
Have you heard any updates regarding your application? I got an email from UT back on like Aug 30th that said they were reviewing it and still haven't heart anything :nailbiting:

Contacted them and they said first week in october for interview emails! Have not gotten any emails from them aside from the confimation that my supplemental was completed/paid. I did submit mine later than you guys though. Mine was verified first week of sept.

Reactions: 1 users
Contacted them and they said first week in october for interview emails! Have not gotten any emails from them aside from the confimation that my supplemental was completed/paid. I did submit mine later than you guys though. Mine was verified first week of sept.
Anybody gotten an email yet?

I haven't received anything. I heard, I'm not sure how reliable, that some students received interview decisions on Tuesday.

Hey guys, a little late to the party but I’m also waiting to hear back about an interview.

I’m a UT student but I don’t know anyone else applying to UT Pharm. I’m feeling a little out of the loop so I wanted to see if anyone had heard anything at all regarding the process. I.e. what has been the big hold up/ have they sent notifications out/ literally anything else.

Sending out positive vibes to everyone!!

Same. I have not heard from UT late and I submitted my application well before the deadline. I guess tomorrow then.

Yeah, I emailed them an hour ago. Hopefully, they reply today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I received an email from them on Tuesday saying that I got an interview. Hope you guys hear back from them soon! :)

Hello everyone,

I too received my interview for UT. I have been scheduled for the 2 PM - 6 PM slot. Who else also got this time frame? Just wondering lol.

Hello everyone,

I too received my interview for UT. I have been scheduled for the 2 PM - 6 PM slot. Who else also got this time frame? Just wondering lol.

My interview is the slot before yours, 10AM-2PM lol. Good luck!

Does anyone have any scoop on what time they will start to call people? or what time they have done it in the past years?

I received a call at 8:05, and was accepted!! I am hoping the best for all of you as well! Hope you hear soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I got a call too just now (9:30 eastern) and I was also accepted! Good luck to y’all too!

I got my call around that time! Congrats guys I cant wait to meet yall!

Reactions: 2 users
I got the call! I got accepted to UT! Probably one of the best calls of my life. I can't wait to meet you all in the fall :)

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone get the email they said we had to respond by 5 to?

Still waiting on the email as well....and i have to go in to work this afternoon :cold:

Just checked mine. I haven't received it yet. I'm sure they will though.

For those of you who have been accepted, where will you guys be living (i.e., your house, an apartment, on-campus)? I'm not from Texas, so I'm trying to figure out the best option for me. Also, are you guys living with a roommate? I'm thinking about getting a roommate, but I'm still unsure. If I do decide to live with a roommate, who is looking for one? (Oh, also, I'm a female so I'd looking for a female roommate). I forgot to mention that I have a dog so they would have to be okay with that. But she is very sweet and does not bite at all.

For those of you who have been accepted, where will you guys be living (i.e., your house, an apartment, on-campus)? I'm not from Texas, so I'm trying to figure out the best option for me. Also, are you guys living with a roommate? I'm thinking about getting a roommate, but I'm still unsure. If I do decide to live with a roommate, who is looking for one? (Oh, also, I'm a female so I'd looking for a female roommate). I forgot to mention that I have a dog so they would have to be okay with that. But she is very sweet and does not bite at all.
I go to UT already, and typically graduate students don’t live on campus or in west campus (for non UT students, west campus is right next to campus and basically the “neighborhood” of apartment complexes that student live). Normally grad students live in either north campus (kind of like the “grown up” version or west campus) or somewhere else in Austin!! I will be looking for a new place to live as well!! Hopefully a Facebook group will be made soon, so we can all link up!

I go to UT already, and typically graduate students don’t live on campus or in west campus (for non UT students, west campus is right next to campus and basically the “neighborhood” of apartment complexes that student live). Normally grad students live in either north campus (kind of like the “grown up” version or west campus) or somewhere else in Austin!! I will be looking for a new place to live as well!! Hopefully a Facebook group will be made soon, so we can all link up!

Thank you so much for the clarification, this really helped! To live alone, how much would it cost on average? That would be great if there was a Facebook group to connect with everyone!

I live in TX but not Austin. I would also be interested in roommates or living alone. What ever is more suitable.
I hope the Facebook group does come out soon lol.

Hey guys, I feel so bad since I made this thread but I got accepted Early Decision as well!! I’m super excited to meet you guys. Like I mentioned before I’m looking for a (male) Roomate or two probably to live in North Campus.

Has anybody heard anything about an official Facebook group or does one of the students just need to start one?

You guys can add me on Facebook, my name is Brian Burpo!

Hi everyone, I have an interview this coming Saturday, any tips/advice? This MMI is new to me. My other interviews were more traditional.

Hi everyone, I have an interview this coming Saturday, any tips/advice? This MMI is new to me. My other interviews were more traditional.

Hey! The MMI was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was quite relaxed and the professors that interview are very nice and just want to have a genuine conversation with you during the process! You should have 6 MMI within 30 minutes and then you will also get a couple group activity exercises that are pretty easy. Finally you get to explain your interest in applying to UT pharmacy specifically within only like a minute or two to a panel of students and facility. I got accepted early decision! Hope to have you join us soon!

Thank you so much, very helpful. do you know what size of headshot photo we are suppose to take? Is it a professional one or taken at home? I tried contacting the admission's office and left a message but have not heard back.

Thank you so much, very helpful. do you know what size of headshot photo we are suppose to take? Is it a professional one or taken at home? I tried contacting the admission's office and left a message but have not heard back.

So I went to Walgreens and actually got a passport photo taken. It’s the exact size they want and Walgreens does a good job editing it. I would try to wear a nice shirt when you go to Walgreens and be sure to smile big! It’s a littler expensive like maybe $10 but little in comparison to helping get into pharmacy school! Good luck!

So I went to Walgreens and actually got a passport photo taken. It’s the exact size they want and Walgreens does a good job editing it. I would try to wear a nice shirt when you go to Walgreens and be sure to smile big! It’s a littler expensive like maybe $10 but little in comparison to helping get into pharmacy school! Good luck!
Thank you so much.

I had my interview last Saturday but still have not heard back from UT about acceptance. For those accepted, how long did UT take after interview to notify you?