University of Texas - C/O 2021 Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chriskyle711

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I didn't see a thread made for UT yet so I went ahead and made one. I heard they should be sending out interview invites in 2 weeks or so. Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Thanks for starting one! Ahh I'm anxiously waiting for their interview invites. I keep checking my email like 5 times a day just in case they decide to send it earlier while trying not to get too distracted from my finals :laugh:

Hey! Thanks for starting one! Ahh I'm anxiously waiting for their interview invites. I keep checking my email like 5 times a day just in case they decide to send it earlier while trying not to get too distracted from my finals :laugh:
Same here! Really hoping to at least get an interview at my top choice school :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! Really hoping to at least get an interview at my top choice school :)

There's another thread it's titled... ** University of Texas COP 2021 **

I'm also waiting to hear back. Good luck to you as well

Got an interview! Congrats to everyone. I just wanted to make sure that it does say that we're not allowed to register for a date until the 12th, right? I got excited and tried picking a date already but it wouldn't allow me haha >_<

Got an interview! Congrats to everyone. I just wanted to make sure that it does say that we're not allowed to register for a date until the 12th, right? I got excited and tried picking a date already but it wouldn't allow me haha >_<
Yup, can't choose til then haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel pretty good about it, but I don't want to be too confident just in case they don't accept me... After visiting and interviewing there, I REALLY wanna go there lol

Reactions: 1 users
I feel pretty good about it, but I don't want to be too confident just in case they don't accept me... After visiting and interviewing there, I REALLY wanna go there lol
I know right! Agh the month long wait is a killer haha.

Did the process feel like it went fast? 6 hours will be my longest interview haha
It was pretty long, but the entire experience is worth your while. I enjoyed the MMIs as they were (for the most part) conversation like and as for the rest of the interview day, you really learn a lot about the school :)

Did the process feel like it went fast? 6 hours will be my longest interview haha
Although it was a long day, I loved (almost) every single moment and it flew by for me. I enjoyed the MMIs because they challenged me to think critically and come up with coherent answers on the spot. The interviewers were extremely nice and when I had time left over at the end, I was able to asked questions to which they graciously answered. The whole day is a whirlwind and is a lot to take in, but you won't notice that it's time to go until the very end. Good luck and have fun!

Hi, I interviewed on 1/21. I know they said we would hear by March but does anybody know what dates the admission board meets? Hoping to find out sooner than March...

Hi, I interviewed on 1/21. I know they said we would hear by March but does anybody know what dates the admission board meets? Hoping to find out sooner than March...

It can be between now and the end of february unfortunately :( but some people have already heard back so im assuming they've met at least once

After seeing that other people have gotten in, I'm kinda freaking out.... :(

After seeing that other people have gotten in, I'm kinda freaking out.... :(
Not trying to hate or anything, but I think those who are saying they "got in" are just messing with everyone cuz one of the P3 students I know said they haven't even met yet.

Not trying to hate or anything, but I think those who are saying they "got in" are just messing with everyone cuz one of the P3 students I know said they haven't even met yet.
Lol maybe... I thought they said at the interview that their first meeting was going to be on the 16th... Am I remembering that correctly?

Actually, I know of a few people that have received an offers of admission to UT so they aren't bluffing.

Hey guys! I'm definitely lurking, but I'm a current student at UTCOP. I remembered this thread and how much it was helpful to me around interview time, and felt the need to pay it forward so to speak. If it's anything like last year, those who were given admission offers will hear something between now and around the first week of March. Last year, I found out a few days after my birthday...fun stuff. lol. Needless to say, I know it's difficult, especially with UTCOP doing early decision this year and, therefore, making the admission pool smaller than in the past. Hang in there though, and do whatever you can to stay busy and not stare at your phone, check this thread or your e-mail every 5 minutes. (or at least try to) It doesn't feel like it right now, but I promise you'll end up where you're suppose to be and that you'll be okay no matter what happens. If anyone has any questions about UTCOP, or even if it's just words of encouragement please don't hesitate to speak up. :)

Hey guys! I'm definitely lurking, but I'm a current student at UTCOP. I remembered this thread and how much it was helpful to me around interview time, and felt the need to pay it forward so to speak. If it's anything like last year, those who were given admission offers will hear something between now and around the first week of March. Last year, I found out a few days after my birthday...fun stuff. lol. Needless to say, I know it's difficult, especially with UTCOP doing early decision this year and, therefore, making the admission pool smaller than in the past. Hang in there though, and do whatever you can to stay busy and not stare at your phone, check this thread or your e-mail every 5 minutes. (or at least try to) It doesn't feel like it right now, but I promise you'll end up where you're suppose to be and that you'll be okay no matter what happens. If anyone has any questions about UTCOP, or even if it's just words of encouragement please don't hesitate to speak up. :)
Thanks for the info and words of encouragement! :)

I got the call too!! I'll see y'all in the fall!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Also got the call today! Did you guys get the email also? I'm still waiting on it!

Hey guys! For those of you who have gotten in already, do you currently go to UT? I wanted to know if they give UT students priority when they call. sorry freaking out right now

Hey guys! For those of you who have gotten in already, do you currently go to UT? I wanted to know if they give UT students priority when they call. sorry freaking out right now

I got the call yesterday and I graduated back in 2013 from another university, so I don't think they're giving UT students priority.

I got the call yesterday and I graduated back in 2013 from another university, so I don't think they're giving UT students priority.
welp. I guess now I should start panicking haha. thank you!
\

Just received the email but it does not say how much the deposit is. Does anyone know?

Crap... seeing you guys getting phone calls is making me super nervous - congrats to those who got in!

I have received an offer and live out of state.....does anyone know how hard it is to establish state residency? There is such a big difference from out of state tuition vs in state tuition? I have a offer from my in state school but if I could establish in state tuition in Texas it would be way cheaper than even my state tuition.

I have received an offer and live out of state.....does anyone know how hard it is to establish state residency? There is such a big difference from out of state tuition vs in state tuition? I have a offer from my in state school but if I could establish in state tuition in Texas it would be way cheaper than even my state tuition.
So you have to live and work Texas for at least a year (20+ hours a week), be married to some one who is a Texas resident for a year, graduated from a Texas high school, or own a business for a year. It's difficult to accomplish as a student. I'm from Az, but I've lived in Texas for undergrad, and I've still been unable to establish residency (also harder because I attended a private school, which doesn'the count toward residency). Here's additional info: https://admissions.utexas.edu/residency#fndtn-residency-establishing-domicile-requirements

Does anyone know when they're setting up a Facebook group for c/o 2021? I really want to meet everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when they're setting up a Facebook group for c/o 2021? I really want to meet everyone!

Last year, the Facebook group wasn't active until late in the summer (late July), so it will be a little bit. In the mean time, relax, hang tight and enjoy celebrating your acceptance. :) Congratulations!