University of Texas: Houston or Southwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What to do?

• UT-Houston

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • UT-Southwestern

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

globetrotter21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was recently blessed with the opportunity to pre-match at UT Southwestern, however I've been stuck as to where I should rank it on my match list.

I loved UTSW a lot, and it is a very prestigious school (top 20 in the nation/best "ranked" in Texas).

On the other hand, I'm a big-time Houstonian, I like being with the family here, and I have had a serious relationship with my girlfriend in Houston.

Overall, my dilemma is deciding whether or not I should go to the more prestigious school or just go to the one in Houston. Does prestige significantly affect future options at residency, etc.? Any comments or advice would be truly appreciate it. Thank you all in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I think TMC will give you the same if not a wider breadth of opportunities compared to UTSW. I say that as someone who i a UTSW fanboy and has spent every summer at a UTSW institution. It's a great school, but UTH is also. I'd go with the one you got better vibes from.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK then.

Sorry, I took that a bit too personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.