University of Texas Southwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agarci27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was looking at UTSW (along with others)for PT school and cant find too much info about them on this site. Does anyone know the details of how they evaluate an applicants GPA? Their site says "Earn a recommended cumulative GPA of 3.0" but there is usually more too it than that. Basically do they use undergrad GPA, last x hours GPA, overall GPA including all classes ever taken by applicant, etc.
Ive emailed them and have yet to hear back
Any additional info would be helpfull as well (GRE scores) haha:)

Members don't see this ad.

Their PTCAS page has minimum and average GPA for Cumulative Undergraduate, Pre-Req, and last 60 Undergraduate, so I would assume that they would use those three when evaluating applicants.

Ohh I didnt know they were on ptcas.. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
I was looking at UTSW (along with others)for PT school and cant find too much info about them on this site. Does anyone know the details of how they evaluate an applicants GPA? Their site says "Earn a recommended cumulative GPA of 3.0" but there is usually more too it than that. Basically do they use undergrad GPA, last x hours GPA, overall GPA including all classes ever taken by applicant, etc.
Ive emailed them and have yet to hear back
Any additional info would be helpfull as well (GRE scores) haha:)
I believe they use EITHER your cumulative GPA OR your last 60 hours (whichever is higher) and they also will consider your prereq GPA. Good Luck!! :)

Has anyone received an interview for early admission? I found out last week I got deferred to general admission, just wanted to see if anyone else heard back.