University of Texas students....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggiedg02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone having problems getting enough financial aid?

Members don't see this ad.

UT Austin is a slacker with scholarships and it's within reason why, 50,000 kids, you give one scholarship, you give 'em all. And besides, they have everything else to fund since the campus is such a hot spot for research etc...and...well...50,000+ students. They spent 1 million on the rotating doors of the PCL (library). Some food for thought...none the less, I love it.

Scholarships? SMU, they're spectacular with scholarships but they have nothing to do with Pharmacy...which blows. Now, UTD is pretty nice in scholarships too, several of my friends have gotten full paid, but then again, it's not much compared to, say, the tuition of the branch in Austin. Compared to several others though, the UT Austin tuition isn't as bad as say other colleges that usually revolved around 20,000+ or so and this years flat rate tuition experiment sure is a nice perk.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because all P1's and P2's are classified as undergrads we are capped at 20,200 for the P1 year. So.....thats not enough money for a professional program esp at Austin. I am having to take out a private loan that does not go through the school. If we were just classified as professional or graduate students then we would be able to get enough through the school. Also, I don't qualify for any scholarships b/c of parents $. Anyways thats my .02. DocRx

Yep, me too DocRX, I didn't qualify for jack either...except for one, but that's for housing that's off campus anyhow. BTW, how much is the tuition for most of your years once you're admitted into the pharmacy college at Austin? Like P1 and so forth.

Is it much different from what you pay in your pre-req years? I wonder if they'll keep up that flat rate tuition in professional school, though I doubt it.

I hear tuition is at least $9000 a year for an instate person I think it stays the same for the rest of the years, but the fees change from year to year. I did not go to UT for my pre req years, so i could not tell you how the flat tuition would affect this. I just can't wait to get to Austin for longer than a few days and start the last years of my formal education!!!

I hear you, only I'm starting the Pre-Req years!

Still definitely an experience though.

So anyone applying to UT Austin this year?

Hi!

Does University of Texas - Austin offers IN-STATE tuition for OUT-OF-STATE students for PharmD program?

How many out-of-state students applied for PharmD and how many of them got accepted for Class of 2008?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

I don't think it is offered unless you get a scholarship or something special. Check the FinAid office, but i think after a year in Texas you can get instate tuition. Jason

Glad to hear maggiemoo!!! If I can help you let me know. Jason