University of Texas

Jonno1288

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2004
Austin
    Who out there has applied to the University of Texas at Austin? I know you guys are out there. Maybe you could tell us a bit about yourself? Like year, major, where you're from?

I'll start it off
    Name: Jonathan Lin
    Year: Sophomore
    major: undeclared/pre-pharmacy

Gizmo

?
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Nov 4, 2004
    1. Pharmacist
      Hey! :) Good to meet you.
      Graduated in 2000 (BA psych)
      live right outside of Austin
      work 5 minutes from UT
      Right now I'm taking my last pre-req, physics! :) I like it so far, but I just took my first exam yesterday, so we'll see.

About the Ads

sy329

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Feb 6, 2005
        Hey yall, I've been lurking the boards for a while now and finally decided to register

Sung Yuk
        Sophomore
        home: Austin, TX

anyways...anyone else get an interview letter? I just received one on Saturday. :D

Gizmo

?
        10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Nov 4, 2004
        1. Pharmacist
          sy329 said:
          Hey yall, I've been lurking the boards for a while now and finally decided to register

Sung Yuk
          Sophomore
          home: Austin, TX

anyways...anyone else get an interview letter? I just received one on Saturday. :D

Good to meet you, and congratulations on your letter. When did you submit your application?

sy329

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Feb 6, 2005
            thanks you guys...well, the interview is either on Feb 14 or 15th, and I applied by the Feb 1st deadline. Have any of you guys received letters yet?

BTW, hey Jonno1288, I received those messages on my cell...feel free to hit me up again, if u got any questions...we're all in this together... :cool:

Gizmo

?
            10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
            Nov 4, 2004
            1. Pharmacist
              sy329 said:
              thanks you guys...well, the interview is either on Feb 14 or 15th, and I applied by the Feb 1st deadline. Have any of you guys received letters yet?

I submitted most of my app material last semester, but submitted the essays on Jan 31st. Haven't heard anything....yet *I hope*.

How are you preparing for your interview?

CACRV

10+ Year Member
              Feb 6, 2005
                Gizmo said:
                I submitted most of my app material last semester, but submitted the essays on Jan 31st. Haven't heard anything....yet *I hope*.

How are you preparing for your interview?

Don't they usually ask the norm standard questions of interviews? Like why do you like Pharm? Why do you want to go to UT? I think the best practice to be honest.

Jonno1288

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                Sep 29, 2004
                Austin
                  My friend who submitted her application materials by Dec.22 got an interview for Feb.14th. She got a letter in the mail informing her.

I submitted my application by Jan.10th but one of my recommendations wasn't turned in until Jan.30. No letter for me yet =/

About the Ads

NYCillini

10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Feb 8, 2005
                    Hi!
                    Well I received a letter to interview and from the looks of it interviews are Feb 14, 15 and April 2, 4, 16, 18. Does anyone know if it helps to interview earlier or will the playing field be equal for everyone regardless of when they interview. From what I know of last year....It seems that some people got accepted quickly while others had to wait till June 1st....I guess it all depends how strong a candidate you are.

Does anyone have any inside knowledge? Will the admission process be the same as last year???? Please Help as I may need to make last minute flight arrangments. Also does anyone know how far is the campus from the airport (with and without traffic)?

Gizmo

?
                    10+ Year Member
                    7+ Year Member
                    Nov 4, 2004
                    1. Pharmacist
                      Congratulations! The campus is about 10-15 minutes with no traffic (at least for me), but you can never tell in Austin how the traffic will be! Actually, you can. What time do you plan on coming in? I'll give you a good idea of what to expect with traffic...although you never know in Austin.

NYCillini

10+ Year Member
                      5+ Year Member
                      Feb 8, 2005
                        Hi!
                        Well I'm hoping that I can take taxi to and from the airport. Hopefully that isn't too expensive. :confused: The latest flight out of Austin is 6:30 and the big day finishes at 5-5:30. Do I have to get on I-35 to get to the airport? I know Austin's traffic is so bad during that time and I'm scared I won't make the flight. Unfortunately I do not know if I get another day off work with such late notice (I just got my letter yest). Which is why I wonder if they treat the interview dates differently. After all, april is two months away...maybe they plan on making decisions during that time???

BTW, are there any cheap hotels in campus town?
                        Oh, I sent my application materials before Christmas.

NYCillini

10+ Year Member
                        5+ Year Member
                        Feb 8, 2005
                          I spoke to the lady scheduling interviews and she said that basically each interview date is the same. The only reason why they have interviews now is to get some of them over with. They will make decisions daily as to who gets in or not and some of the people who interview in February won't hear back until late may anyway.

Gizmo

?
                          10+ Year Member
                          7+ Year Member
                          Nov 4, 2004
                          1. Pharmacist
                            Yeah, you have to get on I35 to get to the airport :( And during the time that you would be leaving campus, traffic would be at its worst! Sorry. I would think that your employer would be more understanding regarding the late notice for your interview, but I guess most aren't (?).
                            I don't know anything about cheap hotels near campus. I wonder what other out-of-towners coming in for interviews have planned....

UTPharmDoc

PharmD from UT
                            10+ Year Member
                            5+ Year Member
                            Feb 9, 2005
                            1. Pharmacist
                              I got an interview letter Friday :) . I sent in eveything but transcript Dec 14 and my fall transcript Dec 20. It was updated within a week. Does anyone know how many people got the 1st round of interviews?

Gizmo

?
                              10+ Year Member
                              7+ Year Member
                              Nov 4, 2004
                              1. Pharmacist
                                UTPharmDoc said:
                                I got an interview letter Friday :) . I sent in eveything but transcript Dec 14 and my fall transcript Dec 20. It was updated within a week. Does anyone know how many people got the 1st round of interviews?

Congratulations! :)

About the Ads

UT-Frank

5+ Year Member
                                15+ Year Member
                                Apr 9, 2004
                                Austin, TX (Home-SA)
                                  UTPharmDoc said:

I THINK they interview at least 60 per round (around 30 interviews per day? or more).

Congrats and GOOD LUCK! which day will you be interviewing?

Ting324

10+ Year Member
                                  5+ Year Member
                                  Feb 10, 2005
                                    Hi all,
                                    I am currently a student at UT. This is my third year, and I am graduating this may with a BS degree in microbiology. I applied to UT around mid December and completed all my application materials around end of December. I just got an interview invitation last saturday and my interview date is on Feb. 15th. I also applied to UH and tx tech and will interview at UH on Mar. 4th and at tech on Feb 28th.
                                    Good luck to all of you on your admission process and interviews! :)

Ting324

10+ Year Member
                                    5+ Year Member
                                    Feb 10, 2005
                                      rxaggie2005 said:
                                      Congrats!! :) I'm very impressed! Which school is your first choice?

Thanks a lot Gizmo and rxaggie :)
                                      My first choice is UT-Austin because I want to stay close to my family... so, I am kinda nervous about my interview on Tuesday at UT :eek: Well, I'll do my best on the interview and see what happens ;)

Hope that we all can get into the school we wanted :) Good luck!

Gizmo

?
                                      10+ Year Member
                                      7+ Year Member
                                      Nov 4, 2004
                                      1. Pharmacist
                                        Ting324 said:
                                        Thanks a lot Gizmo and rxaggie :)
                                        My first choice is UT-Austin because I want to stay close to my family... so, I am kinda nervous about my interview on Tuesday at UT :eek: Well, I'll do my best on the interview and see what happens ;)

Hope that we all can get into the school we wanted :) Good luck!

Well, good luck on Tuesday! I'm sure that you will do GREAT! Don't forget to let us know how it went and what to expect :)

pharmd2b2009

10+ Year Member
                                        5+ Year Member
                                        Sep 19, 2004
                                          Ting324 said:
                                          Hi all,
                                          I am currently a student at UT. This is my third year, and I am graduating this may with a BS degree in microbiology. I applied to UT around mid December and completed all my application materials around end of December. I just got an interview invitation last saturday and my interview date is on Feb. 15th. I also applied to UH and tx tech and will interview at UH on Mar. 4th and at tech on Feb 28th.
                                          Good luck to all of you on your admission process and interviews! :)

Hey...
                                          is you're Texas Tech interview on a monday?i did'nt see any interviews on monday accoding to their schedule....just wondering if they are adding more interviews to their schedule..

About the Ads

Ting324

10+ Year Member
                                          5+ Year Member
                                          Feb 10, 2005
                                            sorry... I think I put a wrong date for texas tech interview. It is on Friday, Feb 25th. And, my houston interview is exactly one week after it, on a friday too. ;)

pharmd2b2009 said:
                                            Hey...
                                            is you're Texas Tech interview on a monday?i did'nt see any interviews on monday accoding to their schedule....just wondering if they are adding more interviews to their schedule..

Ting324

10+ Year Member
                                            5+ Year Member
                                            Feb 10, 2005
                                              Well, my interview did not go as well as I wanted. I guess I am too nervous that day so it actually didn't flow too well for me :mad:
                                              At least I can stop worrying about it now since it is all over.
                                              They have around 25-30 people interviewed that day and I would recommend those who are going to have an interview at UT to be there earlier. If you have some time to talk to some of the p1 students in the waiting room, it actually helps to ease some of the stress :) .
                                              Oh... another thing is that my interviewer only read over my personal statement and nothing else. They will not have your PCAT scores or GPA, nothing but your ps. So, prepare the interview by really familiarize what you wrote on your personal statement. I am sure there are going to be problems asked specifically about something you wrote on your personal statement ;)

Good luck everyone!

Gizmo said:
                                              For those who had an interview at UT this week: how did it go? Hope you guys did well :)

Gizmo

?
                                              10+ Year Member
                                              7+ Year Member
                                              Nov 4, 2004
                                              1. Pharmacist
                                                Ting324 said:
                                                Well, my interview did not go as well as I wanted. I guess I am too nervous that day so it actually didn't flow too well for me :mad:

I'm sorry to hear you don't feel you did well. Hopefully you did better than you think you did. :)

Thank you for the tips. I think it's neat that the interviewer didn't have all of your stats. I wonder if some interviewers do have access to stats before the interview. Anway, was there an essay? Was everyone friendly and helpful?

starsweet

10+ Year Member
                                                Jan 25, 2005
                                                1. Pharmacist
                                                  Ting324 said:
                                                  At least I can stop worrying about it now since it is all over.
                                                  They have around 25-30 people interviewed that day and I would recommend those who are going to have an interview at UT to be there earlier. If you have some time to talk to some of the p1 students in the waiting room, it actually helps to ease some of the stress :) .
                                                  Oh... another thing is that my interviewer only read over my personal statement and nothing else. They will not have your PCAT scores or GPA, nothing but your ps. So, prepare the interview by really familiarize what you wrote on your personal statement. I am sure there are going to be problems asked specifically about something you wrote on your personal statement ;)

Good luck everyone!

You probably did better than you think. Did they ask questions like those mentioned in the Interview Feedback forum here on SDN? Like, a person wants to get birth control pills but is too young to be taking them, so do you allow her to have access to the drug?

Also wondering what you've heard of UT-Austin's COP. What are the people like, how the school atmosphere is, etc.?

Good luck!

UTPharmDoc

PharmD from UT
                                                  10+ Year Member
                                                  5+ Year Member
                                                  Feb 9, 2005
                                                  1. Pharmacist
                                                    Gizmo said:
                                                    I'm sorry to hear you don't feel you did well. Hopefully you did better than you think you did. :)

Thank you for the tips. I think it's neat that the interviewer didn't have all of your stats. I wonder if some interviewers do have access to stats before the interview. Anway, was there an essay? Was everyone friendly and helpful?

I had my inteview on Tuesday. I did really well on it, because my interviewer at the end told me :) . We had 9 guys and 20 girls (day one had 26 people)... I was not asked anything from my personal statement during the interview and it went by really quickly. I stayed in the hospitality room the whole time (except tour) and the pharm students there helped me calm down. I would get there at least 30 minutes early and get acquainted with other students (future classmates!) I had a great time... we had preztels, cookies and sodas to eat. Dr. Richards came in a few times so be on the look out for her. We will know if we got in by the end of March, before the 2nd round of interviews.

aggiedg02

7+ Year Member
                                                    15+ Year Member
                                                    Feb 10, 2004
                                                      Howdy to all who are interviewing....

I'm a P-1 this year and would just like to say good luck to everyone. Also, I would highly recommend looking at the interview feedback questions, just not from UT, but other schools as well. I did this last year and felt completely prepared for anything they asked me. It reduces the level of stress to have a sense of what the interviewers will ask you. Hope that helps a little. Relax and be yourself!

Gizmo

?
                                                      10+ Year Member
                                                      7+ Year Member
                                                      Nov 4, 2004
                                                      1. Pharmacist
                                                        aggiedg02 said:
                                                        Howdy to all who are interviewing....

I'm a P-1 this year and would just like to say good luck to everyone. Also, I would highly recommend looking at the interview feedback questions, just not from UT, but other schools as well. I did this last year and felt completely prepared for anything they asked me. It reduces the level of stress to have a sense of what the interviewers will ask you. Hope that helps a little. Relax and be yourself!

Cool, thanks for the tips! (of course, I don't have an interview --yet, please). And congrats on your interview UTPharmDoc!

Stone

10+ Year Member
                                                        5+ Year Member
                                                        Aug 7, 2004
                                                          Hello, guys, i'm just trying to say something to keep the post up~ wondering how many of u have already got interview invitation for April? i'm still waiting... :scared: those of u had a interview on Feb, could you please take a moment to let us know what happened? update a interview feedback would be greaaaaatly appreciated~!! :D http://www.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/index.asp
                                                          Good luck to everyone!! :thumbup:

Ting324

10+ Year Member
                                                          5+ Year Member
                                                          Feb 10, 2005
                                                            starsweet said:
                                                            You probably did better than you think. Did they ask questions like those mentioned in the Interview Feedback forum here on SDN? Like, a person wants to get birth control pills but is too young to be taking them, so do you allow her to have access to the drug?

Also wondering what you've heard of UT-Austin's COP. What are the people like, how the school atmosphere is, etc.?

Good luck!

I would recommend reading the Interview Feedback in the forum because the questions they asked me are very similar to last year. As I posted before, my questions mostly came from my personal statement. She also asked me what are my two most difficult class this year and how did I overcome the difficulty. Also one senario question -- A doctor came into your pharmacy and gives you his prescription that he wrote for himself; you suspect him having drug abuse problems, would you fill the prescription?
                                                            Students in UT college of pharmacy are very nice to talk to and we did have a timed essay to write as a part of interview process.

:)

Ting324

10+ Year Member
                                                            5+ Year Member
                                                            Feb 10, 2005
                                                              UTPharmDoc said:
                                                              I had my inteview on Tuesday. I did really well on it, because my interviewer at the end told me :) . We had 9 guys and 20 girls (day one had 26 people)... I was not asked anything from my personal statement during the interview and it went by really quickly. I stayed in the hospitality room the whole time (except tour) and the pharm students there helped me calm down. I would get there at least 30 minutes early and get acquainted with other students (future classmates!) I had a great time... we had preztels, cookies and sodas to eat. Dr. Richards came in a few times so be on the look out for her. We will know if we got in by the end of March, before the 2nd round of interviews.

Hi, have to applied to other pharmacy schools except UT and got an interview? I am going to texas tech's interview on friday 2/25 and houston 3/4, just wondering if you finish with all your interviews already. :)

About the Ads
                                                              This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                                              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                                              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                                              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                              7. This thread is locked.