University of the Pacific and Pacific University Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JCm-pharm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know in terms of career opportunities. Would it be better to attend UoP because it is located in California and has been an established school for a decades, as opposed to going to PUO and returning after receiving my Pharm D.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know anything about UOP, but the pharmacist I work with here in Oregon says all of the students she has met from Pacific University (through precepting) have been considerably lacking. All of their health programs are new and don't have very good reputations.

I interviewed for Pacific University Oregon before. The students didn't seem very enthusiastic. I asked one of the pharmacy students if there are other things students do besides study at PUO (ex. Organizations, work, etc). He literally just shrugged and said, "not really, we just study."

I went to Pacific University in Oregon. The number one pro is that it's cheaper than University of the Pacific. However, I honestly think that University of the Pacific has a better networking opportunity if you want to get a residency/job in California, especially if you are looking at inpatient. I feel that they have a stronger Alumni network from what I see with friends who have attended University of the Pacific.

However, if you are interested in retail only, Pacific University in Oregon will do you just fine. I have had classmates graduate and go back to California and find retail jobs just fine. I will say that I did luck out and get a job in a hospital with no residency in the OC area though.