Quantcast

University of the Pacific - Open House

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abcluck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Does anyone know if it's a requirement to attend? As much as I'd love to go, living out of state has disadvantages. I still have classes and my job. Unless it's a guarantee for admission, I can't spend much money (most of them are already spent on applying to 13+ schools plus this year's tuition). I'm on a tight budget. If all 13 schools invite me to attend Open House, there's no way I'd be able to go. If it's within my state, I'll go as many time as they want me to. Would it look bad on my application if I refuse to go? How do I refuse it? There's no information regarding this or any rejection options in the online registration.

ohandfj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's a requirement to attend? As much as I'd love to go, living out of state has disadvantages. I still have classes and my job. Unless it's a guarantee for admission, I can't spend much money (most of them are already spent on applying to 13+ schools plus this year's tuition). I'm on a tight budget. If all 13 schools invite me to attend Open House, there's no way I'd be able to go. If it's within my state, I'll go as many time as they want me to. Would it look bad on my application if I refuse to go? How do I refuse it? There's no information regarding this or any rejection options in the online registration.

I am going, and I am on a really tight budget too. :(

homeskillet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
these open house things shouldn't be a guarantee of anything. they are just an event for you to attend and have questions answered by the school faculty/staff and its students.

think of it as a living, interactive information pamphlet.