university of the pacific UOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreaminofpharmd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My friend just got an interview for UOP. I'm getting nervous. Has anyone else gotten one from UOP in California?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeay! My number one top picked school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeay! My number one top picked school!

What the benefits of going to UOP besides the fact that it's a 3 yr program?? I don't know too much about the school and I'm applying for it this year as well. Thanks!

Yup, mine too. I turned my in July something but was missing a LOR from a pharmacist so it was considered incomplete. I finally submitted the pharmacist LOR and made it in time for the 2nd tier. I think the 1st tier people are getting an interview already. When did you guys turn in your app?

How were you guys notified and are you guys all 1st tier? Thanks in advance!!

yeah..me too!

Yup, mine too. I turned my in July something but was missing a LOR from a pharmacist so it was considered incomplete. I finally submitted the pharmacist LOR and made it in time for the 2nd tier. I think the 1st tier people are getting an interview already. When did you guys turn in your app?

do we need to have a LOR from a pharmacist specifically to apply to UOP? is it just for UOP or for all pharmacy schools?

do we need to have a LOR from a pharmacist specifically to apply to UOP? is it just for UOP or for all pharmacy schools?

I applied to 8 schools and only UOP required a LOR from a pharmacist

how many of you are attending the october 20th interview? :)

I got offered an interview on Wednesday!

I turned in my application at the end of July!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got offered an interview on Wednesday!

I turned in my application at the end of July!

I was wondering how they contacted you when they invited you for your interview? Thanks!!!

I'll be attending the Oct 20 interview! How are you planning to go there? I am debating if I should take the plane. I live in LA. But I'm thinking, it might cost more and take the same amount of time because I would have to land at oakland airport or sacramento and then take the shuttle.

I'll be attending the Oct 20 interview! How are you planning to go there? I am debating if I should take the plane. I live in LA. But I'm thinking, it might cost more and take the same amount of time because I would have to land at oakland airport or sacramento and then take the shuttle.

awesome! i'll be seeing you there. ms. mazuka said there will be 36 applicants. do you know if this is the first round of interviews?

i'm actually from the bay area so stockton is about a 2 hour drive. if you land at oakland airport, the drive will be roughly (to be safe) 2 hours. is your other option to drive? i guess the good thing is that it's in the afternoon

My interview will be on November 3rd!

Oct 20th people, tell me how it goes! Good luck guys...

Did all of you submit your applications before August 1st? Anyone knows when the interview for second tier will start?

Thanks!!!

Hmm. not sure, I applied 2nd tier also.. lets all keep each other updated ok? :D

wow... i'm getting nervous now... i was trying to meet the deadline of tier 1 and submitted july 31st. anyone know of the chances for re-applicants? they're not only interviewing 36 applicants for tier 1, are they?

bugslife, what makes you say they are only interviewing 36 from Tier I??

awesome! i'll be seeing you there. ms. mazuka said there will be 36 applicants. do you know if this is the first round of interviews?

hehe... because of what's posted here.

wow... i'm getting nervous now... i was trying to meet the deadline of tier 1 and submitted july 31st. anyone know of the chances for re-applicants? they're not only interviewing 36 applicants for tier 1, are they?

I think re-applicants have higher chances? I wonder if they look at your old application for the purpose of comparison. Anyone know?

For people who applied Tier II, have you checked your status online?

I turned in my materials (pharmCAS and supplemental on August 31st) and its still showing up as blank online. I called them though and they said its been recieved.. I'm just being paranoid I guess.. but what is everyone else's status?

It says a copy of my app hasn't been mailed out to uop yet. I also turned in my pharmcas on Aug. 31st.

I turned in my materials (pharmCAS and supplemental on August 31st) and its still showing up as blank online. I called them though and they said its been recieved.. I'm just being paranoid I guess.. but what is everyone else's status?

they've sent me two mails notifying me that my application (both) has been received, but the online version is blank also.

:scared: I only received one mail confirmation from uop back in august. but that was for my supplemental app...haven't heard from it since then. I wonder if they ever received a notification from pharmcas that my app had been submitted on august 31st.

I'm a reapplicant and from what I remember about pharmcas, there is never any updates about the schools receiving supplementals ON pharmcas. Usually, the schools would contact you directly upon receipt of your supp. Just call or email the schools directly to see u'r application has been received.

UOP has a section on their website where you can check your status online.. but apparently the dont' update often :rolleyes:

My online status has actually just been updated on UOP, but I'm not sure exactly what it all means.

All the dates are filled.. but my file is still not complete?? Anyone else have this issue?

Also I postmarked all my stuff for Aug 31st, but it shows Sep 1st.. is that still Tier II???

hey guys,

to shead some light...

i went to UOP's open house this past weekend. they said they are about done reviewing apps from tier 1. tier 2 review should begin this week/next week. hope that helps.

so i think everyone that applied in tier 2 is showing the same thing on their online profile

hey guys,

to shead some light...

i went to UOP's open house this past weekend. they said they are about done reviewing apps from tier 1. tier 2 review should begin this week/next week. hope that helps.

so i think everyone that applied in tier 2 is showing the same thing on their online profile

Hey, Dreamingofpharmd. I also went to the open house (with a new friend I just met on SDN). We both had a good time.

Hey guys!

I also went to the Open House but stayed there 'till lunch. Is there anything interesting or informative on the afternoon?

Oh my gosh guys...I just got off the phone with Veronica and she said that they are about to finish reviewing Tier 1 applicants. She said there were about 500 applicants for Tier 1 !!!! That's alot of people!!! They will more than likely start revewing Tier II next week. What a fierce competition this will be!

holy crappers. And I'm gonna be in tier III. Greeeeeeeaaat.... Is it true they save like 100 of the 200 slots for their own prepharm students right? That's what my cousin who just graduated from UOP pharm told me. :scared:

holy crappers. And I'm gonna be in tier III. Greeeeeeeaaat.... Is it true they save like 100 of the 200 slots for their own prepharm students right? That's what my cousin who just graduated from UOP pharm told me. :scared:

Yes, that is true

Well, that's just lovely. :p

Hi, has anyone recieved the confirmation letter that your file is ready for review? I was a little surprised tehre was no mention of what tier I was in. Did anyone else get a confirmation of what teir they were in when they recieved the confirmation letter all materials were accepted?

Thanks

Oh my gosh guys...I just got off the phone with Veronica and she said that they are about to finish reviewing Tier 1 applicants. She said there were about 500 applicants for Tier 1 !!!! That's alot of people!!! They will more than likely start revewing Tier II next week. What a fierce competition this will be!

OMG. that's so scary. I should be considered for Tier II, but That's still a lot of people for Tier I. I really hope i get into UOP.
Good Luck all. Cheers

Hi, has anyone recieved the confirmation letter that your file is ready for review? I was a little surprised tehre was no mention of what tier I was in. Did anyone else get a confirmation of what teir they were in when they recieved the confirmation letter all materials were accepted?

Thanks

I just got my confirmation letter. Woo hoo! It's not anything much, but at least it's a step in the right direction. In any case, my letter didn't have what Tier I was in, but you should be able to tell based on when you sent in your own application. You can check your status on their website.
Good luck to everyone (esp me)
Cheers

I just got my confirmation letter. Woo hoo! It's not anything much, but at least it's a step in the right direction. In any case, my letter didn't have what Tier I was in, but you should be able to tell based on when you sent in your own application. You can check your status on their website.
Good luck to everyone (esp me)
Cheers

scrubs, what tier are u in? im in tier I and still haven't received ANYTHING. i can't calling UOP b/c veronica is always with someone.

scrubs, what tier are u in? im in tier I and still haven't received ANYTHING. i can't calling UOP b/c veronica is always with someone.

I should be tier 2. i sent everything sept 1st and got my letter today. did you check your status on their website? maybe you're missing something in your application?

I applied last year, and I turned in everything but i forgot to sign one page on the apps, i think it was a page where I didn't have to fill anything in b/c i didn't have any courses 'planned or in progress' and I never got any letter saying it was incomplete. I didn't know i forgot to sign it, but they never sent me anything saying i forgot nothing. I figured they needed some time b/c they had so many apps. I called months later and they told me that I was missing that signature. And at that point, it was way past the deadline so it wouldn't do any good b/c i was considered late and probably wouldn't give me any consideration b/c of that. The worst part is that it didn't stop them from cashing my check for app fees. jerks.

anyway, follow up w/ your app mustang. Call, Email, check your status on their website.
Good Luck, cheers

I tried to log onto their website with the ID # I got a while back, but an error message kept showing up. I'm starting to get worried...it looks like they don't even have a record of my app :eek:

I don't believe this. they said they haven't received my pharmcas application. but i submitted it on aug. 30th. and they told me to call the pharmD counselor. do you guys know what's veronica's phone number? I called the phone number listed on the website but it directed to the admissions office.

I don't think they give out her number, just ask the person at the admissions office your question, and if they can't answer it (which has been the case for me on numerous occasions..) they will transfer you to Veronica.

Thanks! Richard said they haven't received my pharmcas app. and a pharmacy counselor said they haven't processed my application. I am :confused: may be I was wrong...I thought that as soon as I submitted pharmcas, they would get access to my app online. I really hope they don't delay processing my app any further. Thank you all for your replies. :)

Thanks! Richard said they haven't received my pharmcas app. and a pharmacy counselor said they haven't processed my application. I am :confused: may be I was wrong...I thought that as soon as I submitted pharmcas, they would get access to my app online. I really hope they don't delay processing my app any further. Thank you all for your replies. :)

I was always under the impression it takes 4-6 weeks to process the pharmCAS app. (From the time it is e-submitted to the school receiving the hard copy). Did you have any pending transcript requests or other random junk? It's also getting to the rush period where schools deadlines are coming up so maybe pharmCAS is receiving a boatload of new app's everyday.

However, it shouldn't take THAT long so I'd keep checking periodically.

You know it took quite a while for the app to get to UOP, I remember I posted about this earlier, Western, Midwestern-Glendale both had my pharmCAS app but UOP still was missing it.

Then I called and talked to someone who wasn't Veronica and she said my pharmCAS and supplemental was missing (I got a letter in the mail saying they got my supplemental though), then she transfered me to Veronica and she said my Supplemental was there, but the pharmCAS was just recieved the day before or something and they still had to punch it into the computer..

oh.. I guess we do have to keep in mind 100's of people are applying all at once :cool: