university of the pacific UOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm in tier 1 and i just got a letter saying that i'm being placed on hold... and i think i'm freaking out because that is really not good, right? as far as i know... that's pretty much like a rejection, no?

Members don't see this ad.

I also got a letter stating I am being placed on hold, don't look at it too negatively, at least you are not being outright denied. I am guessing they want to see my fall grades since I am re-taking Calc and O-Chem I (got C's the first time around)...Be positive and try to improve your application in the next few months (GPA, ECs, volunteerism) for when they look at your application again in Jan. :oops:

Be positive and try to improve your application in the next few months (GPA, ECs, volunteerism) for when they look at your application again in Jan. :oops:

i didn't realize volunteering was an 'ism' :p

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm in tier 1 and i just got a letter saying that i'm being placed on hold... and i think i'm freaking out because that is really not good, right? as far as i know... that's pretty much like a rejection, no?

bugslife,

if i'm correct, you're reapplying to UOP right? At the openhouse, veronica mentioned that no one is outright rejected from tier one. if u'r not offered an interview, they put you on "hold" and may review your file after they finish reviewing tier 2 or tier 3. So your not exactly denied, just not strong of a candidate as they are expecting. If it turns out that ppl from tier 2 and 3 aren't that competitve either, then perhaps ppl on "hold" will get offered an interview.

I applied for tier 1 and STILL haven't received anything yet!!! I thought it was b/c i'm a reapplicant and they're holding those files til the end of the tier before reviewing them. I hope this is a good sign??? hoping ... hoping..

I received my letter dated Oct 5.. and I'm placed on hold. At least this year they put me on hold.. years ago they didn't even respond to me except when they denied my application late in the game.

But, I got interview at Touro on Oct 20... 8D.

bugslife,

if i'm correct, you're reapplying to UOP right? At the openhouse, veronica mentioned that no one is outright rejected from tier one. if u'r not offered an interview, they put you on "hold" and may review your file after they finish reviewing tier 2 or tier 3. So your not exactly denied, just not strong of a candidate as they are expecting. If it turns out that ppl from tier 2 and 3 aren't that competitve either, then perhaps ppl on "hold" will get offered an interview.

I applied for tier 1 and STILL haven't received anything yet!!! I thought it was b/c i'm a reapplicant and they're holding those files til the end of the tier before reviewing them. I hope this is a good sign??? hoping ... hoping..

ah i see... thanks for the reponse! and good luck with your apps!

I called veronica just now and told me that I am invited for an interview! Gosh, finally!! Im tier 1 so I'm probably the last group of applicants that just have been reviewed. I suppose that they'll start review apps for tier 2 apps soons if not already. Good luck to tier 2 peeps!

Anyone from the bay area who wants to carpool for the november interview???

Good luck on the interviews everyone. I was in the same boat last year. If you have any questions let me know.