University of the Pacific

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptran

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm am currently an undergrad here at Pacific. With all the Pre-Pharm students and my interactions with them, I have been drawn into the career and seriously considering pharmacy.

But with Pacific's location (Stockton) and its whole environment I dont know if I am willing to make the trade off of attending this school and scaraficing my social happiness.

Pacific has a great pharm. program and all but the place just sucks majorly. Stockton is one of the most boringest/dangerous/dead town you'll ever be in. There are no oppertunities out here what so-ever.

What are your experiences with Pacific and its reputation.

Members don't see this ad.

I found Pacific to be a great place so far! I am excited to begin my PharmD education there and also going to see the their men's basketball team. They are pretty good this year and maybe next year too.

If you don't like Pacific, but interested in Pharmacy, try applying somewhere else! :cool: :cool:

UOP is cool. You just need to get a car and go out. I go to UOP too. I met a lot of great people in and outside the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true they accepted 130 of their undergrads this year? I heard from my friend who was told by his cousin who is a pre-pharm student at UOP.

I know 200 prepharm students applied. As for how many admitted, I don't know/

Oh great, that sounds spify!! I will be in classes with people who aren't even old enough to get into a bar legally (no offense)!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by EarlyEditionDude
I found Pacific to be a great place so far! I am excited to begin my PharmD education there...

Obviously someone who hasn't spent much time in Stockton! :D

i actually agree with earlyeditiondude about stockton. i too am excited about attending uop...its a nice break from the hectic life i have here in LA....but how dangerous is the city exactly?????

hey earlyedition, r u gonna dorm or get an outside apartment?

I have nothing but fond memories of my time in Stockton. It was 2 years out of my life, and quite arguably the best 2 years of my life. Newly married, away from family and friends and on our own for the first time, paying the rent, going to school, working for real for the first time. The town had everything I could have wanted: A nice sized Mall, great food (I still drool over Yen-Du house chicken, if you haven't been there be sure to find it (it's sorta hidden behind a strip mall on Pacific)), a new theater, and within driving distance of SF and Sac town (baseball and basketball). Just find a nice gated apartment complex and if you aren't happy maybe you need to look at the real reason why and not blame it on the town. *shrug*

Originally posted by Dloi
i actually agree with earlyeditiondude about stockton. i too am excited about attending uop...its a nice break from the hectic life i have here in LA....but how dangerous is the city exactly?????

hey earlyedition, r u gonna dorm or get an outside apartment?

Hey Dloi, It is surely nice to hear from a future Tiger!!!

I've decided it is best for me to save money and move back home, which is about 30 miles away from Pacific.

As for the city, the place seems okay, it isn't that bad, however there are parts of the city that does look & feels like East L.A.

:( :( :(

Stockton isn't that bad. Everything you need is in a nice area, and is always bustling with activity of families and students. You just need to know where not to go, and I wouldn't go walking at night. Hehe. That sounds bad, but it's really not. I wouldn't really recommend that in any town the size of Stockton.

I agrew with Gary... you just have to know where to go. I honestly think its Stockton isn't as ghetto as others perceive it to be.