University of the Sciences in Philadelphia Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eaglesfan1392

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I recently sent in my housing and tuition deposit to USP and I have a few questions. I know that as a freshman, I would be in Goodman but what about after that? And is there a way to get enough credits to get off the meal plan? Lastly, whats the deal on work study??

I know these are a lot of questions but I was just wondering if any future or past students can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello

I recently sent in my housing and tuition deposit to USP and I have a few questions. I know that as a freshman, I would be in Goodman but what about after that? And is there a way to get enough credits to get off the meal plan? Lastly, whats the deal on work study??

I know these are a lot of questions but I was just wondering if any future or past students can help me.

Thanks in advance!

As a freshmen you can either be in Goodman/Osol. You have to be on the meal plan if you live in goodman or osol (unless you live on 5th and 6th floor...which usually 2nd years live on). After 1st year you can live in Osol/Wilson (if you have grades to get in....its an honors dorm)/Alexandra (apartment)/Gunter (apartment). I believe they got rid of Chester....i am not sure it has been awhile since I was on campus.

Work study is basically where you get money for working. I don't really know what you want me to answer about this subject.

Hello

Thanks in advance!

Goodman/Osol in 1st year. Some 1st yrs do end up in Wilson, but that's rare.
No way you can get off meal plan first year or any year if you're in Osol/Wilson (not sure about Osol 5/6, PWB2 may be right). You could probably move off campus 2nd year, though USP would try its hardest not to let you. There are lots of cheap apts. in the area.

What about Work Study? It's like a job but you don't get federal taxes. Typically starting salary is 8 bucks or less, though there are jobs with 10 bucks or more starting if you have special skills (for example, are able to assist with a professor's research). There's a limit to the amt. of money you can get per year (and therefore the hours you can work).