University of Toledo MSBS 2012-2013 (SMP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudyShy

XOXO
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's applying? I am!!!!!!! Woot, woot!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be applying as well, once the application opens! If I got in, it'd be one of my top choices, it's one of the closer programs to where I live now so it would be nice to go there.

I'll be applying as well, once the application opens! If I got in, it'd be one of my top choices, it's one of the closer programs to where I live now so it would be nice to go there.
:thumbup::)

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question for those who have applied. Did any of you drastically change your personal statements? I had the typical "Your career goals and why you want to go here" written out, but on Toledo's site they claim that a *new* one different from the AMCAS personal statement must be submitted.

I'm worried that they want me to touch more on why I'm attending an SMP (e.g. my faults/deficiencies etc.) rather than going to med school. Any input?

Quick question for those who have applied. Did any of you drastically change your personal statements? I had the typical "Your career goals and why you want to go here" written out, but on Toledo's site they claim that a *new* one different from the AMCAS personal statement must be submitted.

I'm worried that they want me to touch more on why I'm attending an SMP (e.g. my faults/deficiencies etc.) rather than going to med school. Any input?

They just want you to be program specific. Tell them what you expect to acheive at there SMP and why you selected to go there.

is the deadline for sending of application or for completion? are supporting materials accepted afterward?
i'm kickin' myself for having just discovered this program :/
good luck to the applicants

I wonder if it even matters when you apply. I got an e-mail confirmation saying that they won't look at apps until the beginning of June and release decisions by June/July (so they're not rolling?). Really sucks since one of the programs I got into has a May 18th deadline (USF) so I probably won't wait around for Toledo.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what kind of stats admissions committee is looking for this program, and possibly how competitive it is? I applied with a 29P and 3.52 cgpa, if anyone else doesn't mind sharing stats please post! Good luck everyone.

Are LORs geared towards med school allowed for this program?

deadline for submission.

I submitted may 1st at like 4:00pm, but because of that I didn't hear back until mid july. Check out last years thread to see submission/acceptance dates.

Goodluck guys. I love this program and am so happy I did this rather than work or something.

when you submitted may 1st did you submit the application only or did you end up sending in your LORS and mcat scores later?

i wont be able to send them my mcat score till beginning of june

Are LORs geared towards med school allowed for this program?

i think the personal statement has to be different but regarding letter it can be the same as med schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Long wait here. They are not reviewing until June. I got waitlisted over at Cinny and they are all ready starting to accept the top tier of the waitlist there so I am hoping by May 15ish I will know more about Cinny but I will still be waiting on U Tol. Having to wait half way through the summer to hear back anything is not what I was hoping for but I have good feelings about UT.

42/51 made it in this years class (however, I'm sure there are a couple who will not accept their acceptance due to others).

I'd say..... So when you applied to this program about when did you hear back from them? I was told about 10 business days from the start of the first Monday of June is the norm.

late july. I sent my application in right before the deadline. Patience.

Last edited:
42/51 made it in this years class (however, I'm sure there are a couple who will not accept their acceptance due to others).

:wow:

Congrats!!!
I dont like the wait at all

Last edited:
late july. I send my application in right before the deadline. Patience.
With grade forgiveness 3.39/ 3.38 science (for DO schools)
Without grade forgiveness... 3.1/ 3.1 science With Multiple mcat scores but most recent is 32Q. Ones before that were 23 and a 26. I have a boat load of EC including being an emergency department scribe, got some great experience out of that one and a ton of time being a tutor ( which is what I do now) in math and science from college level to 5th grade. I also have lots of independent physician shadowing, campus club involvement, clinical volunteering in a childrens clinic and vollunteering in the community as a tutor in homeless shelters. I just wish my grades were better.

I just hate the wait because I have been waitlisted at Cinni and EVMS smps but this is because I applied deadlast minute waiting for that MCAT score to come in. I am Mid tier on the Cinni waitlist and I have no idea about EVMS.

From looking at last year's thread, it seems like the first wave of acceptance will be coming out the end of next week :(
I wonder how many people applied to this program. Given how late they are when it comes to giving out acceptance, I hope not many will stick around :p
Accept me already so I can start the apartment search :p

Do they reject people for an average/mediocre statement of purpose?:scared: I wrote mine the night before the deadline +pity+

From looking at last year's thread, it seems like the first wave of acceptance will be coming out the end of next week :(
I wonder how many people applied to this program. Given how late they are when it comes to giving out acceptance, I hope not many will stick around :p
Accept me already so I can start the apartment search :p

Do they reject people for an average/mediocre statement of purpose?:scared: I wrote mine the night before the deadline +pity+
Yeah next week results should be showing up... I wouldn't worry to much but U Tol often gets "rejected med applicants" so they can be some what competitive but not to much. We all should be fine and this is a great program from what I have seen so far.

My precious

Last edited:
I almost went insane waiting for my MCAT score to come back last month, now this :(

Good luck to us both!

I check my app status like a bazillion times a day since my app was completed. Anyone know if they send out email first or update the app status first once a decision has been made?

I am pretty sure they will email first...

Has anyone heard from Toledo yet? I want to get in so bad, but the wait is so long!:(

Acceptance/Waitlist/Rejection could come in any moment now :scared:

Let us in already so we can start the apartment search

I wish I knew how many people applied this year! Does anyone know? It would be nice to know my chances! The wait is insane! Wish they could just tell us soon! It is such a great program:)

I remember reading somewhere they usually get 500 600 for the mere 52 spots:scared: but I could be wrong. I hope the high OSS tuition and late acceptance will deter some of the applicants :D.
Hopefully we will hear something from them next week

Good luck everyone!! :xf:

RFZ8F.jpg

stole this from the pre-allo forum

I remember reading somewhere they usually get 500 600 for the mere 52 spots:scared: but I could be wrong. I hope the high OSS tuition and late acceptance will deter some of the applicants :D.
Hopefully we will hear something from them next week

Good luck everyone!! :xf:

Crap that is way to many freaking people for an SMP.

O Wow that is a lot of people! Good luck everyone:)

Monday is here! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee some movement!

Come on now U Tol this is the week. Now just mail us those acceptance letters and send us an email letting us know you love us:D

It's 4:30 pm in Toledo and I am tempted to give them a call and ask about when they will meet to discuss accepting applicants... Maybe I should wait a few more days :xf::xf::xf::xf:

Acceptance email @ 245pm central time here! Good luck everyone

Congrats!! What are your stats like if you don't mind? When was you complete? Toledo, show me some love!!!!

Sent from my Droid using SDN Mobile.

Accepted but declining because I've been conditionally accepted to med school. Hopefully this spot goes to someone who really needs it. This looks like a great program.

Anyone else hear back? I applied the day the applications opened.. still waiting to hear something

From looking at previous years there will probably be a second round of acceptances in the next two weeks once they figure out how many spots are left from the first round of acceptances. I personally didn't receive any email today either :(