university of toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTPharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am currently a third year PharmD student at the University of Toledo (Junior in colllege, but first year pharmacy school).

I was wondering what everyone knows about UT's PharmD program. I thought it was a very tough program to get into, and was highly ranked, tough to get into (my GPA was a 3.8 and i was slightly below average) but I have been able to find very little information about it.

Anyone know where I can find more info/comparisons with other pharmD schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, I am currently a third year PharmD student at the University of Toledo (Junior in colllege, but first year pharmacy school).

I was wondering what everyone knows about UT's PharmD program. I thought it was a very tough program to get into, and was highly ranked, tough to get into (my GPA was a 3.8 and i was slightly below average) but I have been able to find very little information about it.

Anyone know where I can find more info/comparisons with other pharmD schools?

Anyone who is already in Pharm Program ?
Would you be mind to share the UT info
I am prospective student who is applying this coming Jan

While I do not go there (I go to Ohio State, actually) but I have heard that it is very difficult to get in there if you didnt start at the ground level. A girl in my organic chem class this quarter told me that when she met with an advisor there that Toledo would require you to have atleast 16 credit hours at their school as an undergrad (ie before you would start the fourth year at the graduate level). That is the best information that I have come about.

Members don't see this ad :)
You say you are a third year at UToledo PharmD program, yet you want to get info on COP ? It seems if you are going there like I am you would know all about it. A little too late to be questioning what its like now. Unless you have second thoughts, give up the seat who really knows they want to go there and why they want to go there.:eek:

Dolly RX:
Anyone who is already in Pharm Program ?
Would you be mind to share the UT info
I am prospective student who is applying this coming Jan

Yes it is a very rigorous but friendly program as is most others. The school has merged with the Medical University of Ohio recentlt. Yes you do have to put 16 Credit hours at the school first, and yes the average GPA is 3.84, second to St.Louis (3.89). Does that mean you can get in with a 3.5 absolutely, doy ou have a better chance with 3.8 absolutely. While the part of retaking some classes is true, it is not something that is looked at as the norm ( retaking 1 or 2 classes, that you feel you needed to retake to move to next course while upping your grade is one thing -retaking 4 or 5 or more to boost thinking you will get in when you have a lot of capable 3.7 to 4.0 who got it on the first attempt, is not likely. )
I even had a friend who wanted to retake a class where they got a B+ to boost their 3.78, ( why spend the time and effort and $ to retake something you basically got a good handle on ) then decided it was not worth it to go from a 3.78 to 3.785 ( if they got an A). It is designed for a class that you got a C or lower and just didn't feel like you didn't learn the subject matter well enogh to move on or possibly huirt your chance s of getting in the program.

If you come here you and are not among the top students , you will have to study and study hard. You will have very little free time. I was a 3.79
student, fairly involved and was in honors program for first year.

The professors once you are in program are great, yopu will know yoyur stuff here, and their are many opportunities in your rotations to work with
many hospitals, clinical and community environments, and research studies as an undergrad and pharmd student, normally reserved for just PhD students. I love it here. Some schools are not ranked by choice. U Toledo was ranked 3rd in the country in Internships, when I started a few years ago. :)

Since it seems that you are now in the pharmacy portion of the program, are there many people in your class whom did not begind their undergrad at Toledo and transferred in from another school?