• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

University of Toronto 2009 Cycle Out of province?

akalic

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2008
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hi i'm looking to apply to pharmacy at U of T. I live in British Columbia and along with applying here I wonder what are the odds of getting into U of T with a 73~ish average? I have been looking up for statistics but out of province applicants are treated on more difficult terms aren't they? Is it even worth applying? I don't really want to waste the applicant fee knowing I'd not even be considered one bit.

zohaibab

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2005
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hi i'm looking to apply to pharmacy at U of T. I live in British Columbia and along with applying here I wonder what are the odds of getting into U of T with a 73~ish average? I have been looking up for statistics but out of province applicants are treated on more difficult terms aren't they? Is it even worth applying? I don't really want to waste the applicant fee knowing I'd not even be considered one bit.

I know around 3 pharmacy students off the top of my head that came from out of province, and that's in a class of 240 (there may be more; the point being that it's quite tough to get a spot for these OOP applicants)! No harm in applying though; best of luck.

OverTheCounter

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2008
  1. Pharmacy Student
There's no harm in applying...but something you may want to keep in mind is that the average for the entering class is an A- (it has been like that for the past few years as far as I know)...so that's low 80's....but then again, the application process just changed...so you shoulnt rely too heavily on previous stats

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.