University of Toronto Dentistry Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

-eric-

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got accepted to University of Toronto Dentistry Class of 2010.

Just wanted to meet my classmates for the next 4 years.

bye

Members don't see this ad.

TORONTO WHAT :smuggrin:

Dammit, I envy you guys. I wish I could stay in Toronto. :(

good job and good luck tho. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
puncho said:
Dammit, I envy you guys. I wish I could stay in Toronto. :(

good job and good luck tho. :thumbup:

I feel so lucky and blessed man. I still can't believe it. This was such a humbling experience...lord knows I needed to be humbled hahaha

Audio said:
I feel so lucky and blessed man. I still can't believe it. This was such a humbling experience...lord knows I needed to be humbled hahaha

Everynight that i go to sleep i thank God, because I too can't still believe that I got accepted to UofT.
My interview was on April 1st, "April Fools Day", so when I got the letter I thought maybe its one my of my friends playing a joke on me or something. God knows how many times i've read that letter.

Congrats to all who got accepted for an interview and to the class of 2010.

I still read the letter over and over to make sure it wasn't a mistake hahaha

why toronto over any other school?

i'm curious as I hope to apply there in the future

Idiosyncratic said:
why toronto over any other school?

i'm curious as I hope to apply there in the future

Canadian dental schools from what i understand are really competitive, so it's a huge accomplishment to get into toronto.

yup, very competitive. They make Harvard admissions look like a joke (although I'm only waitlisted at Harvard). The average GPA of the 200 people interviewed was a 3.83. I think this years class of 65 will have an average closer to 3.9 (last year was 3.84).

Also, the tuition is great (25K), I think Toronto is the best city in the world, it's close to home, the school is excellent with an excellent reputation, it has every specialty program and is the top funded school in Canada, it is the dental research center in Canada...I could go on and on.

And it's for all these reasons that I feel lucky to have gotten in with my crap GPA of 3.73. I must have killed the interview!

In case you guys want to know, they have a formula for admissions.

GPA 65%
DAT 10%
Interview 25%

The DAT is not heavily weighed in Canada but UofT has a 21-22 AA every year so it's not too bad.