University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bennyckp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Let's start a thread for the September 2017 application cycle (class of 2021)!

We can share our stats and any knowledge about the application process (cGPA, PCAT, MMI).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I am a second year McMaster student applying this year. Any tips on how I can prepare for the PCAT and MMI's ?

Hey guys, I am a second year McMaster student applying this year. Any tips on how I can prepare for the PCAT and MMI's ?
For PCAT, I used Dr. Collins and Kaplan. When are you taking the test?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys i'm a second year student at UWO. My first year gpa was ~ 86%
Just took the PCAT in September here are my prelim scores:

Bio 85
Chem 99
CR 46
QR 92
Composite 95

I only used the Kaplan book and the Pearson Practice tests. Hopefully I get in this year, Toronto is the only school i'm applying to this year.

Hey guys i'm a second year student at UWO. My first year gpa was ~ 86%
Just took the PCAT in September here are my prelim scores:

Bio 85
Chem 99
CR 46
QR 92
Composite 95

I only used the Kaplan book and the Pearson Practice tests. Hopefully I get in this year, Toronto is the only school i'm applying to this year.
Your stats are really good! You can definitely get in if you don't totally bomb the MMI.

Hey y'all, 1T9 pharmacy student from U of T here :) It felt like just yesterday when we were in your shoes 2 years ago, so feel free to ask any questions you might have!
Good luck!

Hey y'all, 1T9 pharmacy student from U of T here :) It felt like just yesterday when we were in your shoes 2 years ago, so feel free to ask any questions you might have!
Good luck!

What were your stats when you got in?

hey guys! i'm in my first year of life sci and i want to apply to pharmacy school after completing 2 years in my program. However, I've heard numerous people say that they are now changing the requirements to 3 years, is this true?

hey guys! i'm in my first year of life sci and i want to apply to pharmacy school after completing 2 years in my program. However, I've heard numerous people say that they are now changing the requirements to 3 years, is this true?

It's not true and at the same time it is true. First of all UofT doesn't care how long it takes you, but as per their requirement completing all those courses in 2 years (you will have to take a full course load in the summer) can be really stressful. Also it is possible to finish all the required courses in two years, since I did it.

Last edited:
It's not true and at the same time it is true. First of all UofT doesn't care how long it takes you, but as per their requirement completing all those courses in 2 years (you will have to take a full course load in the summer) can be really stressful. Also it is possible to finish all the required courses in two course, since I did it.
Great! I'm taking a full course load and all the required courses. Do you have any advice on how to achieve high marks in all of the courses since it is so stressful? thanks :)

Great! I'm taking a full course load and all the required courses. Do you have any advice on how to achieve high marks in all of the courses since it is so stressful? thanks :)

Honestly the best advice I can give you is try your best in all courses and STUDY... STUDY..... STUDY!. Some courses you'll like and do really well in them and some courses you won't like and thus, won't get that high of a mark. But, you got to understand that its alright. However, my best advice would be take 3 years and add some filler courses that you can get an easy A, which will significantly boost your GPA as well as give you time to study for the PCAT.

hey! do I need university physics to get into pharmacy school if i've already taken grade 12 uni physics?

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly the best advice I can give you is try your best in all courses and STUDY... STUDY..... STUDY!. Some courses you'll like and do really well in them and some courses you won't like and thus, won't get that high of a mark. But, you got to understand that its alright. However, my best advice would be take 3 years and add some filler courses that you can get an easy A, which will significantly boost your GPA as well as give you time to study for the PCAT.
I agree! That's what I am doing right now. I'm in my fourth year and taking some electives to boost my GPA. I applied last year and got rejected so I need a higher GPA.
hey! do I need university physics to get into pharmacy school if i've already taken grade 12 uni physics?
No.

What were your stats when you got in?

PCAT-99th percentile overall (only scored a 3 on the writing section, lol)
cGPA- around 3.9ish ( from 2 years of undergrad, so pretty sure it would be much lower if I had finished all 4 years of undergrad).

Personally, I find that the MMI is what differentiates the candidates from one another--I know it's a bit early at this point, but don't lose hope if your cPGA isn't as competitive as you'd like. I know of many classmates with a wide range of grades that got accepted!

PCAT-99th percentile overall (only scored a 3 on the writing section, lol)
cGPA- around 3.9ish ( from 2 years of undergrad, so pretty sure it would be much lower if I had finished all 4 years of undergrad).

Personally, I find that the MMI is what differentiates the candidates from one another--I know it's a bit early at this point, but don't lose hope if your cPGA isn't as competitive as you'd like. I know of many classmates with a wide range of grades that got accepted!

What would you say about the range of PCAT scores?

What would you say about the range of PCAT scores?

^ Yup, generally 90+ is considered competitive, but it's super easy to do well if you have the right resources (Dr. Collins was my lifesaver and totally worth it!)

Hey guys, I know it's early but does anyone from Mississauga want to practice the MMI's?

^^ Yes let me know if anyone wanna buy the Dr. Collins package. I just took my test and I wanna sell it. It's the latest version (2016-2017) with lots of passage questions you can practice on.

Hey guys im currently a second year student at york. Here are my scores so far

cGPA: 82.75%
PCAT preliminary scores
Bio: 82
Chem: 92
CR: 58
QR: 92
Comp: 87%

Really hope with these stats i get in as this is the only school im applying to. How many people typically apply each year?
Your scores are totally fine! You can definitely get in if you nail the MMI.
I remember there were 760 applicants for 240 spots last year.

Good luck!
Hey! i was just wondering if you need university physics for pharmacy school? (I've already taken grade 12 university physics

Good luck!
hi, since you took a full course load and met the requirements in two years, do you mind listing all the courses that you took?

hi, since you took a full course load and met the requirements in two years, do you mind listing all the courses that you took?
I took your basic bio, chem, physics, and calculus in first year along with psych and a linguistics course as my social science. Second year, I took physical chemistry, and organic Chem. The requirements have changed since then so I would check out the faculty website for exactly which courses to take. We were allowed to take our high school English credits and use those.

Hey guys, can anyone who wrote the PCAT with the new changes comment on how the passage questions were? I'm just curious about the format and how much more difficult the questions are now.

Thanks for any input! :)

Hey guys, can anyone who wrote the PCAT with the new changes comment on how the passage questions were? I'm just curious about the format and how much more difficult the questions are now.

Thanks for any input! :)
Hey I wrote mine last month and also last year. There were 3-4 passages per section (Bio, Chem and math). Each passage had 3 questions and they were not that hard. You can actually answer some general questions without reading the passages. Also I think the math section is a little harder than the old version. I used Dr. Collins and there are some passage questions so I can practice and predict the difficulty based on those practice questions.

Hey I wrote mine last month and also last year. There were 3-4 passages per section (Bio, Chem and math). Each passage had 3 questions and they were not that hard. You can actually answer some general questions without reading the passages. Also I think the math section is a little harder than the old version. I used Dr. Collins and there are some passage questions so I can practice and predict the difficulty based on those practice questions.

Oh okay so it doesn't sound like the passage sections made it that much more difficult which is good lol. Thanks for letting me know :) Is it true that the focus of the math section has changed with this new change in format? I heard it was focused less on precalc/calc and more on basic math.

Oh okay so it doesn't sound like the passage sections made it that much more difficult which is good lol. Thanks for letting me know :) Is it true that the focus of the math section has changed with this new change in format? I heard it was focused less on precalc/calc and more on basic math.
I think I had less than 5 questions on precalc/calc when I wrote the test.

Hey guys, I know it's early but does anyone from Mississauga want to practice the MMI's?

I'd love to practice with you during Winter break! I don't go to school in the GTA unfortunately.

Hey guys do you think I'm competitive with 98 PCAT and 79.5% cumulative average? I'm wondering if my average is on the lower side.... thanks!

According to the stats last year, you will definitely get in if you don't totally bomb the MMI. Your high PCAT score can still make up for low average even though yours is not that low at all.

hi guys, I'm currently in my final year so I really hope I can get in this year otherwise I don't know what to do after graduation...

Here are my scores:
Bio: 96
Chem: 96
CR: 77
QR: 57
Composite: 91
Writing: 3

current cGPA~ 87.5

I'm thinking to write PCAT again in January to improve my score especially math and maybe writing too :(

hi guys, I'm currently in my final year so I really hope I can get in this year otherwise I don't know what to do after graduation...

Here are my scores:
Bio: 96
Chem: 96
CR: 77
QR: 57
Composite: 91
Writing: 3

current cGPA~ 87.5

I'm thinking to write PCAT again in January to improve my score especially math and maybe writing too :(
They only care about your composite score so I think 91 is good enough according to past year stats and your GPA is really good so don't worry!
I'm also in my final year and in the same boat.

Last edited:
I just took the Nov PCAT!

Prelim marks:
bio: 98
chem: 99
reading: 58
math: 97
comp: 99

I was disappointed about my reading but after lurking around these forums, I decided not to retake pcat just for my reading.

I just took the Nov PCAT!

Prelim marks:
bio: 98
chem: 99
reading: 58
math: 97
comp: 99

I was disappointed about my reading but after lurking around these forums, I decided not to retake pcat just for my reading.
WOW! Your PCAT scores are so good! Congrats!

Hey guys! I finally wrote the PCAT this afternoon and went into it 100% expecting to rewrite it because I was extremely unprepared. I'm curious if you guys think it's worth me rewriting based on my prelim scores:

Chem: 98 (I have no idea how this happened but thank god it did because my undergrad chem grades were not so great)
QR: 88
Bio: 79
CR: 52 (ugh)
Comp: 89

My cGPA is about 3.35 and I finished my undergrad at McMaster this past year.

Today is the last day to register for the final date in January (unless I pay the late fee which I obviously don't want to do) so any quick insight would be helpful haha.

Last edited:
Just wrote my PCAT today:
Bio: 63
Chem: 98
CR: 52
QR: 62
Comp: 78

GPA ~ 83%

Thoughts?

Hey guys! I finally wrote the PCAT this afternoon and went into it 100% expecting to rewrite it because I was extremely unprepared. I'm curious if you guys think it's worth me rewriting based on my prelim scores:

Chem: 98 (I have no idea how this happened but thank god it did because my undergrad chem grades were not so great)
QR: 88
Bio: 79
CR: 52 (ugh)
Comp: 89

My cGPA is about 3.35 and I finished my undergrad at McMaster this past year.

Today is the last day to register for the final date in January (unless I pay the late fee which I obviously don't want to do) so any quick insight would be helpful haha.
I think 89 is quite good enough so you don't really have to pay again to re-take the test.

Just wrote my PCAT today:
Bio: 63
Chem: 98
CR: 52
QR: 62
Comp: 78

GPA ~ 83%

Thoughts?
I would recommend you to take the test again and aim for 85+ because I saw those ppl got in last year or even few years ago had at least 85+ composite. Hope this help.

Hi everyone I am also applying this year! I was just wondering how many people have experience volunteering at pharmacies? I'm worried I might be at a disadvantage since I've never volunteered at a pharmacy before and don't have experience also wondering what are my chances of getting in? I have a 76% average and PCAT composite of 90. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone I am also applying this year! I was just wondering how many people have experience volunteering at pharmacies? I'm worried I might be at a disadvantage since I've never volunteered at a pharmacy before and don't have experience also wondering what are my chances of getting in? I have a 76% average and PCAT composite of 90. Thanks and good luck to everyone!
I have been volunteering at a pharmacy but UofT doesn't really care because we don't need to submit our resume nor reference letter. So you are good and good luck!

I think 89 is quite good enough so you don't really have to pay again to re-take the test.

Thanks for the input :) even with my relatively low GPA you think I still have a decent chance if I do well on the interview? My GPA is my weakest part so I don't know how high of a PCAT score I really need to offset it.

Thanks for the input :) even with my relatively low GPA you think I still have a decent chance if I do well on the interview? My GPA is my weakest part so I don't know how high of a PCAT score I really need to offset it.
Yes. I heard that the interview is the most important part of your application so you can still get in if you do well on your interview. Don't worry too much on your GPA and PCAT. Good luck!

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about applying to pharmacy this year.. I'm very nervous because of my cGPA, but more so my Pcat scores.
My pcat scores are:
Bio: 69
Rc: 38
QA: 72
CHEM:99
comp: 86
Writing: 4
I was really sad about my bio, qa and Rc scores, but I wasn't planning on retaking it because I was worried that I wouldn't even be able to score higher on them or thought that the next time I write, my writing and/chem could drop. I also thought my comp score was considered good (but not the greatest).
Now I see everyone posting their pcat scores, and they are amazing! However, it's making me lose confidence in myself.. I filled out my application but I don't even know if I will be accepted this year or even be able to get an interview.
I would like to rewrite the pcat, but I have a feeling I won't score better since I'd only have 1 week to study (my final exams end on the last possible day.. Dec 22 and I am back to school on jan 2).
I am hoping to boost my cGPA by the end of this year so it could possibly offset my bad pcat marks. After first year, I had 86 (but it seems that everyone with a 90+ pcat has this too, or higher).
How do my chances look with this? Do you think I can even get an interview?
For anyone who got accepted, did you meet anyone who got in with a meh pcat and ok cGPA?

Thank you in advance!

Is anyone applying to U of T from the US? I haven't given it much thought but I've always wanted to move to Toronto to be close to family there.

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about applying to pharmacy this year.. I'm very nervous because of my cGPA, but more so my Pcat scores.
My pcat scores are:
Bio: 69
Rc: 38
QA: 72
CHEM:99
comp: 86
Writing: 4
I was really sad about my bio, qa and Rc scores, but I wasn't planning on retaking it because I was worried that I wouldn't even be able to score higher on them or thought that the next time I write, my writing and/chem could drop. I also thought my comp score was considered good (but not the greatest).
Now I see everyone posting their pcat scores, and they are amazing! However, it's making me lose confidence in myself.. I filled out my application but I don't even know if I will be accepted this year or even be able to get an interview.
I would like to rewrite the pcat, but I have a feeling I won't score better since I'd only have 1 week to study (my final exams end on the last possible day.. Dec 22 and I am back to school on jan 2).
I am hoping to boost my cGPA by the end of this year so it could possibly offset my bad pcat marks. After first year, I had 86 (but it seems that everyone with a 90+ pcat has this too, or higher).
How do my chances look with this? Do you think I can even get an interview?
For anyone who got accepted, did you meet anyone who got in with a meh pcat and ok cGPA?

Thank you in advance!
I am also applying this year but I would recommend you to rewrite the PCAT since the admission office only uses your highest composite.
For interview, you will be invited for sure if you meet all the minimum requirements.