University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2021

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by bennyckp, Sep 18, 2016.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. TBTSH12

TBTSH12

Sep 9, 2016
    anyone else having difficultes with the osap fee deferral? an error keeps popping up whenever i try it

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mky915

mky915

Jun 10, 2017
    It is saying "unsuccessful deferral" which is odd as I don't meet any of the issues. I contacted the registrar about this.

4. BookDragon

BookDragon

May 5, 2017
    Yeah, I got mine today too

you have to submit a notice of assessment 3 days before you try to defer, there's more info about this in the package you'll get in the mail
    EDIT : Sorry, I just realized that you only need the notice of assessment if you're from a province other than Ontario.

you have to register first and then email the registrar, again there's more info about this in the package you'll get in the mail

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  5. mky915

mky915

Jun 10, 2017
    What page is this information on? I must have missed the instructions on how to submit a notice of assessment as I was skimming through the package.

6. BookDragon

BookDragon

May 5, 2017
    Sorry, I just realized that you only need the notice of assessment if you're from a province other than Ontario. The info is under FEES PAYMENT INFORMATION part B. Deferring your fees (on the back of the third and front of the fourth sheet of paper).
    I'm not sure why it's not working, I'm also getting the same error message when I try, but I'm not too worried since we have until Aug 25th to either pay or defer the fee. Also, I think everyone is getting the same error message so I don't think there's anything wrong on our end.

mky915 likes this.
  7. mky915

mky915

Jun 10, 2017
    Thanks for clearing it up. I've emailed the registrar, so I'll see what they have to say and share that here when I get a response.

8. mky915

mky915

Jun 10, 2017
    Just got an email back from the registrar.

Apparently if you did not know your UofT student number during the completion of your OSAP application, you will not be able to defer fees on ROSI/ACORN. They asked me to send a screenshot of OSAP website indicating that I am expected to receive funding this year. So if you are having issues too, this is likely why.

So it's best best to email them directly about this.

9. BookDragon

BookDragon

May 5, 2017
    Ohhh, yeah that makes sense. Thanks for sharing the info!

10. BookDragon

BookDragon

May 5, 2017
    I was wondering, for those of us who applied for osap without entering our UofT student numbers, and selected the option that osap pays fees directly to the university, how will osap be able to pay without knowing our student numbers. Or for that matter, how will osap get a confirmation that we're even enrolled in the program?

11. PharmaC321

PharmaC321

Jun 11, 2017
    I'm pretty sure that although some schools have the option for OSAP paying the fees directly to the university, UofT doesn't do that - either OSAP or UofT mentioned it specifically, but I forget exactly where... Instead, OSAP will pay the money directly to your account (once you submit your direct deposit info). As for getting confirmation, I believe UofT will be sending docs to OSAP.

12. pharmania

pharmania 2+ Year Member

Jul 23, 2015
    does it matter which bank you go with as long as you have a decent interest rate? (hopefully prime)

13. Pharmasay

Pharmasay

Jun 10, 2017
    Doesn't look like the waitlist is moving at all this year :(

14. tgbef16

tgbef16

Jul 22, 2016
    No it doesn't. I personally went with TD because I love my bank and don't see myself doing business with any other bank, so for convenience I just did TD.

15. Pharminator94

Pharminator94

Jun 9, 2017
    I don't think there are a lot of people on the wait list in this group. Last I counted there were only 4 people in the group on the wait list. I really hope we get in! Maybe it'll start moving faster at the beginning of august as I think that's the deadline for most medschools and other graduate programs. I really wish we knew our rank on the list!

16. Pharminator94

Pharminator94

Jun 9, 2017
    Are people able to login into Pharmsis? For me it's not working :( Also, for those in the fb group is there movement on the wait list? Or has anyone posted anything with regards to the wait list? I'm beginning to lose hope as more and more time passes by :'(

17. Pharmasay

Pharmasay

Jun 10, 2017
    I'm starting to lose hope too and I think the best thing to do is start working on improving applications, also you can join the fb group they're letting everyone in

18. pharmguy01

pharmguy01

Jul 18, 2017
    Oh wow how did they turn it down?

19. PharmacyHopeful1

PharmacyHopeful1 2+ Year Member

May 2, 2014
    They confirmed that my fees have been deferred because of the OSAP/student number issue but I asked that they tell me what the new due date is and they never told me. Does anyone know when our deferred fees are now due?

20. BookDragon

BookDragon

May 5, 2017
    The due date is in the package they mailed out, I don't remember what it was exactly but I think it was in late September.

21. BookDragon

BookDragon

May 5, 2017
    Also, random question but does anyone know if we're allowed food in class? Cuz like based on the schedule there doesn't seem to be a lunch break or anything.

22. Rosenthalia

Rosenthalia

Jul 19, 2017
    So do I have this correct --> If we decide to defer our fees, tuition for the fall term is due on September 30 and winter term is due on January 31?

23. DrPasta

DrPasta

Apr 27, 2017
    For those who signed up for the CPR, how did you do it? I just got back from vacation and saw on Facebook that alot of t21s have already signed up.

24. xanaxpanda2017

xanaxpanda2017

Apr 16, 2017
    You can sign up through this form: UPS - Summer Package
    If you have any questions about CPR you can email the 2T0 Vice President Julia Liu at [email protected]

:)

25. xanaxpanda2017

xanaxpanda2017

Apr 16, 2017
    Hey guys! I'm sure most of you know about the 2T1 facebook group but in case you don't here is the link!
    2T1 Facebook Page

There's lots of upper years in the group where you can ask about Phrosh, CPR, tuition, line of credits, textbooks and so much more!!!

Also check out the Phrosh website: PHROSH WEEK 2017

It's gonna be lit! :)

26. Jackie Moon

Jackie Moon 2+ Year Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Hey guys, i dont know if this was asked previously but does anyone know how much the minimum payment is? And its due August 25th unless you get a deferral right?

27. Lifefull

Lifefull

Dec 10, 2016
    Who's going to Phrosh? I didn't go to Frosh for my undergrad, and I live quite far away. But maybe I should go to this one. (deadline in 1-2 days)

Also, are any of you buying the textbooks?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  28. xanaxpanda2017

xanaxpanda2017

Apr 16, 2017
    I think it's a good idea to go to phrosh! I met most of my really good friends during phrosh and most still sit in class with people they met in phrosh. It's one of the most memorable experiences in Pharmacy School so I definitely recommend it!

As for textbooks, I prefer having the physical copy infront of me so I would recommend buying the books but it's up to you! :)

29. Pharminator94

Pharminator94

Jun 9, 2017
    Any news from the wait list? Question for upper year students/other people who might know the answer: Do people normally get off the wait list this late in the game?

30. ms0307

ms0307

Jun 6, 2017
    Hey guys, has anyone received information about scholarships in the mail yet? The decisions page on the applicant website said it would be mailed out in mid-August, just wondering if people have started receiving things already. Thanks!

31. Jinspiration

Jinspiration

Jun 9, 2017
    Am I the only one who can't go to phrosh? I feel like I am missing out on all the fun :/

32. Rosenthalia

Rosenthalia

Jul 19, 2017
    I can't either just because I won't be moving to Toronto until the 3rd :(

33. hecksflakes

hecksflakes

Sep 2, 2017
    lol...you really spoke my mind, especially the the bolded and italicized...but really i felt this is me that posted that...lol..but unfortunately, I just wanna register for my pcat and apply this year....need some encouragement already:scared::scared::scared:

34. pharm971

pharm971

Jun 26, 2017
    did anyone get off the wait-list? and how was frosh

Pharminator94 likes this.
  35. Pharminator94

Pharminator94

Jun 9, 2017
    Not that I know of... Did you or do you know someone who got off? Also, according to past years' statistics is it even possible to get off the wait list this late?

36. Neji786

Neji786

Sep 13, 2017
    Hey guys, do you mind helping us individuals who are applying this, I'm applying for the first time and I need your thoughts on my chances of getting in,
    I have the following
    gpa: 77%
    pcat composite :74
    and if considering if I do well on the interview if I get one

how are my chances looking, any feedback on what I should. Thank You