University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been looking online at MMI stuff and basically all the advice and practice questions and stuff like that is for medical school MMI questions. Is the pharmacy MMI going to be pretty much the same as a medical school MMI except with more drug related situations?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been looking online at MMI stuff and basically all the advice and practice questions and stuff like that is for medical school MMI questions. Is the pharmacy MMI going to be pretty much the same as a medical school MMI except with more drug related situations?

The MMIs are very similar for med and pharm school. I don't even remember getting any drug-related questions. All questions were non-pharm related; I would say get some practice on how to approach ethical dilemmas, major healthcare issues that have been on the news lately...etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, would love some feedback on my scores.

cGPA is ~3.2
Bio: 94
CR: 76
Quant: 99
Chem: 92
Comp: 96

Also, can anyone tell me if admissions looks at overall GPA or do they weigh the required courses more heavily?

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone been accepted with 2.5 on writing?

has anyone been accepted with 2.5 on writing?
most probably not. they automatically remove anyone below any of the cutoffs before selection for interviews. if you have a 2.5 in writing, you must rewrite the PCAT

Hi everyone, would love some feedback on my scores.

cGPA is ~3.2
Bio: 94
CR: 76
Chem: 92
Comp: 96

Also, can anyone tell me if admissions looks at overall GPA or do they weigh the required courses more heavily?

Thank you!!!

I think they look at the overall GPA. I got in with a low 60 in one of the organic chem courses. Your PCAT scores look amazing. As for your GPA, it's not on the competitive end but I think you still got a pretty solid chance of getting in if you do well on your MMI. Practice. Practice. Practice.

Last edited:
Is it true that the last few digits of the applicant ID number shows what number applicant you are? I thought I read that somewhere before.

The dude that was spamming the free MMI help.. where is the stuff? lmao I reached out to you and heard nothing

The dude that was spamming the free MMI help.. where is the stuff? lmao I reached out to you and heard nothing
If you google MMI there's tons of videos and practice questions out there that people have made to help you out. That guy won't be able to tell you specifics about the previous MMI for confidentiality reasons but you can do your own research and try to find someone that will help you practice and do mock MMI with you. That's honestly the best thing you can do is just practice and be confident

If you google MMI there's tons of videos and practice questions out there that people have made to help you out. That guy won't be able to tell you specifics about the previous MMI for confidentiality reasons but you can do your own research and try to find someone that will help you practice and do mock MMI with you. That's honestly the best thing you can do is just practice and be confident
Yes I'm aware of that but this person was literally spamming this entire thread about offering MMI help and even the mods came after him lol but he went ghost after that so... Will he be sending us the material or not is my question?

Is it true that the last few digits of the applicant ID number shows what number applicant you are? I thought I read that somewhere before.

I heard it was the last three digits, but if this is the case then it doesn't seem like too many people applied. I submitted my application on November 2nd and my number is 159.

I heard it was the last three digits, but if this is the case then it doesn't seem like too many people applied. I submitted my application on November 2nd and my number is 159.

Better chances for us then. I submitted right before the earlybird deadline was up and my number is 376.

Also, so your last 4 is 0159 or 1159? Because mine is 1376 so I don't know if that means more than a thousand people applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how many are picked for interviews each year? Is it based solely on your qualification of the requirements? or do they pick the top 400 or so to interview

Better chances for us then. I submitted right before the earlybird deadline was up and my number is 376.

Also, so your last 4 is 0159 or 1159? Because mine is 1376 so I don't know if that means more than a thousand people applied.

1159. On the U of T website they say that recently the number of applications per year have ranged from 569 - 730, so hopefully there won't be any more that that this year

its the last 3 numbers. the numbers will swell by the January deadline. Last year they interviewed about 550 ish people from what we were told

does anyone know how many are picked for interviews each year? Is it based solely on your qualification of the requirements? or do they pick the top 400 or so to interview

They interview every single one who meets the minimum criteria, and from those they accept 240. The final decision is not solely based on the interview, but on all 3 things combined: GPA, PCAT scores and interview

2T1 here! I remember checking these forums constantly when I was applying last year and looking for advice/tips so if you have any specific questions lemme know and I'll try to help! I got accepted with a D- on my transcript, C's in both orgos, a C in one of the required calc courses and a pretty average cGPA lol so don't count yourself out if your grades are worrying you.

Reactions: 2 users
2T1 here! I remember checking these forums constantly when I was applying last year and looking for advice/tips so if you have any specific questions lemme know and I'll try to help! I got accepted with a D- on my transcript, C's in both orgos, a C in one of the required calc courses and a pretty average cGPA lol so don't count yourself out if your grades are worrying you.
How was your pcat score.. I too have an average gpa around the high 70s so I was wondering how well i need to do on my pcat I'm taking it this January

does anyone know where I can take the required physical chem course? it was filled for my university last semester, so I couldn't take it. Does anyone know if another university that has it right now or during summer?

does anyone know where I can take the required physical chem course? it was filled for my university last semester, so I couldn't take it. Does anyone know if another university that has it right now or during summer?

I’m not sure where you can take it right now but I do know that if you take it during the summer then it will not qualify for the 2018 application since final transcripts are due June 1st.

I’m not sure where you can take it right now but I do know that if you take it during the summer then it will not qualify for the 2018 application since final transcripts are due June 1st.
that really sucks, thanks... I guess I can't apply this year....-.-

How was your pcat score.. I too have an average gpa around the high 70s so I was wondering how well i need to do on my pcat I'm taking it this January
I scored an 83 on the PCAT and my GPA wasn't even that high (I think low 80s). Remember the MMI count for a lot as well!

cGPA: 2.75

PCAT
Bio 98
Chem 96
CR 50
Quant 94
Composite 96

I initially failed organic chemistry II but retook it and got an A-.

Do I have a chance?

When entering in my transcript, how come I don't have the option to choose the year as 2017-18 for my courses? I'm only getting previous years.

cGPA: 2.75

PCAT
Bio 98
Chem 96
CR 50
Quant 94
Composite 96

I initially failed organic chemistry II but retook it and got an A-.

Do I have a chance?
I have my pcat coming up next week..any tips on what u did to do that well

I have my pcat coming up next week..any tips on what u did to do that well
Honestly, my best advice to do well on the PCAT is to practice a lot by doing full-length practice tests. Studying everything constantly is not efficient because you have to get used to the testing style. You want to do practice tests, and then go over the sections that you didn't do well in and review those sections specifically to be efficient. Once you've gotten a consistent score on practice tests that you're satisfied with, you should be prepared for the actual one. It's a very similar approach to how most people do well on the MCAT.

It's alright to write my PCAT on January 17th right, I believe it's still part of the acceptable testing window?

It's alright to write my PCAT on January 17th right, I believe it's still part of the acceptable testing window?

Yup, I've emailed them before and they replied with, "As posted in the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) section of our website, for the 2018 admission cycle, valid scores include tests written between January 2014 and January 2018. For your 2018 PharmD application you may write PCAT tests up to and including the end of January 2018."

I wrote the PCAT twice but the higher of my 2 scores was

composite 94
chem 98
QR 94
CR 74
bio 79
and 4 on writing.

the PCAT definitely helped make up for my average GPA and poor grades in orgo and some math courses in my undergrad.

I wrote the PCAT twice but the higher of my 2 scores was

composite 94
chem 98
QR 94
CR 74
bio 79
and 4 on writing.

the PCAT definitely helped make up for my average GPA and poor grades in orgo and some math courses in my undergrad.
I have 77 overall average and a 74 composite on the pcat sadly..do u think I have any chance of getting in depending on how amazing I do on my interview.. i feel like I lost hope now

Hey everyone! I've been following the thread for a while (not creepy :whistle:) but wanted to write the PCAT before posting so I can get your opinions on my situation! Finally wrote it the other day - woo! Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.38 (~79%)
PCAT
Bio: 96
Chem: 99
CR: 87
Composite: 99

I hope my PCAT scores make up for my fairly low-average GPA :( but what I'm also worried about is that I didn't have a full course load during my last year in undergrad (had 4 courses each semester) and this past year when I had to take Calc II last winter, then Thermo and English last fall. I mean, I graduated in 2014 so obviously there was no need for me to carry a full course load this past year; I only needed to complete those prerequisites that I was missing. Unfortunately I can't really explain that to Admissions. Anyone know if that would weigh heavily against me?

Also... is it only people who scored high on the PCAT who post on this forum or did everyone score 90s and my PCAT marks aren't actually special??? Lol

Oh and these are my preliminary scores.. any chance they'd change on the official score report? (Fingers crossed they won't and that I at least got a 3 on the Writing haha)

Last edited:
I have 77 overall average and a 74 composite on the pcat sadly..do u think I have any chance of getting in depending on how amazing I do on my interview.. i feel like I lost hope now

Nooo please don't lose hope! If there's one thing I learned through the application process it's that there are so many different ways to get accepted. I really believe the interview is the biggest portion of the application and if you even do slightly above average I think you'll have a good chance of getting in! Trust me when I say grades are not everything. Being a pharmacist requires so many skills beyond proving your ability to take tests and I think the admissions committee acknowledges that. Just go into the interview with confidence and have it in your mind that you WILL get accepted. Confidence was the biggest asset in the interview for me personally. There were points where I didn't know wtf I was saying but the interviewer would be nodding along with me because I tried to convey whatever I was saying confidently.

You can do it I believe in you :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I've been following the thread for a while (not creepy :whistle:) but wanted to write the PCAT before posting so I can get your opinions on my situation! Finally wrote it the other day - woo! Here are my stats:

PCAT

I hope my PCAT scores make up for my fairly low-average GPA :( but what I'm also worried about is that I didn't have a full course load during my last year in undergrad (had 4 courses each semester) and this past year when I had to take Calc II last winter, then Thermo and English last fall. I mean, I graduated in 2014 so obviously there was no need for me to carry a full course load this past year; I only needed to complete those prerequisites that I was missing. Unfortunately I can't really explain that to Admissions. Anyone know if that would weigh heavily against me?

Also... is it only people who scored high on the PCAT who post on this forum or did everyone score 90s and my PCAT marks aren't actually special??? Lol

Oh and these are my preliminary scores.. any chance they'd change on the official score report? (Fingers crossed they won't and that I at least got a 3 on the Writing haha)

Those are really great stats! I don't think I've ever heard of the official score report being even slightly different than the prelim score so don't worry too much about that. I didn't have a full course load in my final year of undergrad either so I think as long as you've shown that you can do it in other semesters/years, it won't weigh against you. If you hold your own in the interview (meaning you do relatively well but not necessarily AMAZING) I definitely think you'll have a great chance of getting in! Congrats on your PCAT score and best of luck :)

PCAT

your pcat scores are amazing! any tips on how to do well??? I'm taking the pcat this week.

Are there any stories of people possibly getting rejected due to a low mark (but pass) in a required course? My average ~82% but I have a C- in Calc II (A in first Calc I) and a C+ in Orgo I (but A+ in Orgo II), and a B- in the English course I took. Was going through a bit of a rough patch in the same semester I decided to cram a bunch of prereqs. Anything I can do to fix it (take Calc III and possibly fix it?) I know people have gotten in with lower prereq grades but how low is too low? I'd rather not retake Calc II because I would need to highlight that on the application which will cause its own problem

your pcat scores are amazing! any tips on how to do well??? I'm taking the pcat this week.

Honestly (and someone else in this thread said the same thing), doing practice tests were the single best thing that I decided to do. That's about all I did during the week leading up to my test date - I used Kaplan practice tests and a couple Pearson tests. If you can afford it, buy the Pearson tests because I found them to be very very similar to the actual PCAT. Also, your timing will either make or break you!! You have to know how to triage the questions. Doing the practice tests improved my timing to the point that I had extra time left in a few of the sections. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Those are really great stats! I don't think I've ever heard of the official score report being even slightly different than the prelim score so don't worry too much about that. I didn't have a full course load in my final year of undergrad either so I think as long as you've shown that you can do it in other semesters/years, it won't weigh against you. If you hold your own in the interview (meaning you do relatively well but not necessarily AMAZING) I definitely think you'll have a great chance of getting in! Congrats on your PCAT score and best of luck :)

Thank you so much for replying! That means a lot knowing you got accepted having been in the same situation. So grateful to you and other upper years for taking the time to respond to us anxious applicants!! :)

Are there any stories of people possibly getting rejected due to a low mark (but pass) in a required course? My average ~82% but I have a C- in Calc II (A in first Calc I) and a C+ in Orgo I (but A+ in Orgo II), and a B- in the English course I took. Was going through a bit of a rough patch in the same semester I decided to cram a bunch of prereqs. Anything I can do to fix it (take Calc III and possibly fix it?) I know people have gotten in with lower prereq grades but how low is too low? I'd rather not retake Calc II because I would need to highlight that on the application which will cause its own problem

If you scroll up in the thread you'll see a post by someone who was accepted in a previous year and had similar grades as you in some prerequisites. And in one of the notices on the applicant website, they mention that they don't calculate marks based on prerequisite courses only (which is why they don't substitute, for example, upper year orgo courses for the required lower year orgo even if your marks are better in the upper year course).k That being said, I can't say for sure if there is a "too low" aside from pass/fail lol

A lot of people recommend taking more courses to offset bad grades so I don’t think a few bad grades will cause a negative impact as long as your cGPA makes up for it, which it seems like yours does :)

I got in with marks pretty similar to yours and my overall average was low 80s as well. These scores are fine as long as you score fairly well on the PCAT (aim to hit the 80s. 90s are even better) and you do above average on the MMIs. Trust me, I came out of the MMIs thinking I didn't do that great so if you feel the same way after yours, don't worry too much about it; very few people feel good after the interviews. Oh and please please do NOT retake calc!!

Definitely don't retake any courses! Your cGPA is great and I was accepted with worse grades in some prereqs (D- in physics, C+ and C in orgo I and II respectively and a C in calc II) and with a lower cGPA than you lol. Your A+ in orgo II more than makes up for your orgo I grade and the same with calc. Just focus on the interview now :)

Hey everyone! Just wondering... how many of you are applying after graduating? How many second and third year undergrads are applying this year? It's my first time applying and I'm in third year. I know it doesn't have an impact on your application, I'm just curious! Also interested to hear from current PharmD students about how many of their classmates already have a degree.

Hey guys, for water loo do we need to give them our high school transcript too? or does OUAC send it to them?
If you check their application instructions, high school transcripts are not required, so you can ignore that section on the online question application. Additionally, please try to keep UW related discussions on the waterloo 2T2 forum

Hey everyone! Just wondering... how many of you are applying after graduating? How many second and third year undergrads are applying this year? It's my first time applying and I'm in third year. I know it doesn't have an impact on your application, I'm just curious! Also interested to hear from current PharmD students about how many of their classmates already have a degree.
4th year here, so I'll be graduating this april

I'm in 4th year too. Is it too early to ask about what your backup plans are? lol

Hey guys, what are my chances?
GPA 3.71
BIO 94
CHEM 90
QR 84
CR 81
COMP 92