SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2022

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by TBTSH12, Sep 16, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. gyngyn

gyngyn Professor Moderator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Alta California
    You might be surprised how many would use this forum as a platform for their own purposes...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Goro likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. PharmPassionate

PharmPassionate

Nov 22, 2017
    Hey everyone :) I am a 2T1. I know this is an exciting yet stressful time for many of you guys so please feel free to ask me whatever questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them. Best of luck to you all with the application process. Enjoy the journey! :)

4. PharmPassionate

PharmPassionate

Nov 22, 2017
    I would say retake PCAT and aim to score in the 90s to compensate for the relatively low GPA. It's doable

5. CanadaChemGod

CanadaChemGod

Jul 25, 2017
    I've been looking online at MMI stuff and basically all the advice and practice questions and stuff like that is for medical school MMI questions. Is the pharmacy MMI going to be pretty much the same as a medical school MMI except with more drug related situations?

6. PharmPassionate

PharmPassionate

Nov 22, 2017
    The MMIs are very similar for med and pharm school. I don't even remember getting any drug-related questions. All questions were non-pharm related; I would say get some practice on how to approach ethical dilemmas, major healthcare issues that have been on the news lately...etc.

7. reetmeet

reetmeet

Oct 7, 2017
    Hi everyone, would love some feedback on my scores.

cGPA is ~3.2
    Bio: 94
    CR: 76
    Quant: 99
    Chem: 92
    Comp: 96

Also, can anyone tell me if admissions looks at overall GPA or do they weigh the required courses more heavily?

Thank you!!!

8. RxF

RxF 2+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2015
    has anyone been accepted with 2.5 on writing?

9. TBTSH12

TBTSH12

Sep 9, 2016
    most probably not. they automatically remove anyone below any of the cutoffs before selection for interviews. if you have a 2.5 in writing, you must rewrite the PCAT

10. PharmPassionate

PharmPassionate

Nov 22, 2017
    I think they look at the overall GPA. I got in with a low 60 in one of the organic chem courses. Your PCAT scores look amazing. As for your GPA, it's not on the competitive end but I think you still got a pretty solid chance of getting in if you do well on your MMI. Practice. Practice. Practice.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  11. pharma.c

pharma.c

Sep 29, 2017
    Is it true that the last few digits of the applicant ID number shows what number applicant you are? I thought I read that somewhere before.

12. 9each

9each

Apr 3, 2017
    The dude that was spamming the free MMI help.. where is the stuff? lmao I reached out to you and heard nothing

13. JPharmCO

JPharmCO

Sep 25, 2017
    I second this

14. CanadaChemGod

CanadaChemGod

Jul 25, 2017
    If you google MMI there's tons of videos and practice questions out there that people have made to help you out. That guy won't be able to tell you specifics about the previous MMI for confidentiality reasons but you can do your own research and try to find someone that will help you practice and do mock MMI with you. That's honestly the best thing you can do is just practice and be confident

15. 9each

9each

Apr 3, 2017
    Yes I'm aware of that but this person was literally spamming this entire thread about offering MMI help and even the mods came after him lol but he went ghost after that so... Will he be sending us the material or not is my question?