University of Toronto Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kardashian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I'm from Sydney Australia and I really want to study abroad in Canada for pharmacy at U of T, im not even going to bother with other pharmacy schools in Canada because I know it will be impossible to get in with my school repertoire. I did my first year undergraduate in Sydney at the TAFE NSW in fashion design, and realized this is not what I've expected fashion designing to be. Luckily in year 11 I look the three sciences, calc and all the crap. I applied this year at the University of Ottawa in Canada, and gained acceptance in the biochemistry program :) I've worked as a pharmacy assistant this summer and I loved the work environment :) My questions are directed to OttawaU students who gained acceptance to pharmacy at U of T.

Q1: What were the two social science electives you took? (since I only took 1, the others that were of interest to me were full)
Q2: What were your OttawaU averages?
Q3: What were your PCAT scores? (anyone from u of T can answer this)
Q4: What did they ask at the interviews? (anyone from u of T can answer this)

Members don't see this ad.

i dont really get y ur school "repertoire" would make it impossible to apply for other schools...is it that u think uoft will be easiest to get into out of all the other pharm schools in canada?

im not from ottawaU, but I got in and am from ontario
Q3: for my pcat i got-
VA: 86
bio: 99
RC: 63
QA: 74
Chem: 93
composite: 95
essay: 3 and 3

Q4: we're not allowed to say exactly wat was in the interviews but its in the format of mmi's where they give u scenarios and u answer it to the best of ur abilities, theres more info about the format on the uoft pharmacy site

i dont really get y ur school "repertoire" would make it impossible to apply for other schools...is it that u think uoft will be easiest to get into out of all the other pharm schools in canada?

VA: 86
bio: 99
RC: 63
QA: 74
Chem: 93
composite: 95
essay: 3 and 3

no, I just feel like other schools, like Waterloo, will be too hard for me to get into because of all the prereqs. I prefer U of T since it's globally-well known, and I have relatives living there.

oh thanks for answering some of my questions, do you mind telling me your GPA that got you in as well? and do you know if your GPA was only based on the courses you took at university, or was it both your university credits and the highschool credits, English and Physics?

my gpa was a 4.0, but the minimum to be considered is only a 2.7 i believe
and its ur cumulative gpa so it includes all the courses u took in university but not ur grades in high school
english and physics high school credits are only for the sake of completion, but u do have to hand in ur high school transcript to prove that u completed it