University of Toronto

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stringer20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has applied to the University of Toronto for their Pharmacy program? There are academic and non-academic requirements, but just concerning the academics, they say the median for admission is a B+, yet does anybody know of the lowest averages they have admitted in the past? Thanks in advance.

Stringer

Members don't see this ad.

My friends sister is actually in UT pharm and she got had an average of B.
Don't expect to get in with anything lower than a B- unless u have really strong ec's..
My friends sister already had a pretty stellar record of volunteering and ec's.. and from what she knows, the lowest mark accepted was probably a B as well..
She got 90 across the board on her pcat though ...

Btw UBC'er over here! one of the 3-4 canadians on this board :thumbup:

Just a quick question for the ignorent among us (meaning myself lol :D ) Are canadian pharmacy schools acredited by the same organization as U.S. Pharmacy schools? Are you able to take the NAPLEX and get residencies in the U.S.? I am just wondering because I have considered both UT and UBC as I hear they are both in wonderful cities.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

Thanks for that! My average right now is right around B+ so hopefully I can squeeze through. The only other part to do well on now is the non-academic test for UT. I've also applied to UBC this year, and I think they're reviewing the applications right now. I'm from Ontario so I don't know how many outsiders UBC accepts but hopefully things will work out. Thanks again.

FungManX said:
My friends sister is actually in UT pharm and she got had an average of B.
Don't expect to get in with anything lower than a B- unless u have really strong ec's..
My friends sister already had a pretty stellar record of volunteering and ec's.. and from what she knows, the lowest mark accepted was probably a B as well..
She got 90 across the board on her pcat though ...

Btw UBC'er over here! one of the 3-4 canadians on this board :thumbup:

Hey,

Canada has a different accredation organization than U.S. schools. Canada has The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (http://www.pebc.ca). If a US student studies in canada for pharmacy, but then returns to the US, I'm assuming that the student would have to get accredation from the board representing the US. Also, each state may also have their own individual board. Hope that helps!

Krismeese said:
Just a quick question for the ignorent among us (meaning myself lol :D ) Are canadian pharmacy schools acredited by the same organization as U.S. Pharmacy schools? Are you able to take the NAPLEX and get residencies in the U.S.? I am just wondering because I have considered both UT and UBC as I hear they are both in wonderful cities.

Kirsmeese, you might want to stay in the US, the pharmacy degree up here will not give you a doctorate, its a bachelors program. You'll need at least another 7 years to get the pharmD (but you can still get a job as a pharmacist with just the basic Bachelors... heres a breakdown of the 7years to get a pharmD: 4 for BSc.Pharm + 1 year residency + 2 years clinical studies... this is for UBC not sure about UT)

Also... the pay is significantly less. Our starting salary for a community pharmacist is around $60,000/year whereas down in the states you can make $85,000 right out of grad.

Oh bythe way stringer, I last year the avg mark on the PCAT was 88 percentile.. I'm not too sure how heavy our school weighs the PCAT score.. but just letting you know because the number of people with marks over 88 is surprisingly high.

Good luck!