University of Utah Additional Interview?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OofWillis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed at the University of Utah a couple weeks ago and just found out that they are requesting an additional interview. Has anybody been through a similar experience? What does it mean? Did one of my interviewers give a bad review and the other one a good review? What a joke...

Members don't see this ad.

So I interviewed at the University of Utah a couple weeks ago and just found out that they are requesting an additional interview. Has anybody been through a similar experience? What does it mean? Did one of my interviewers give a bad review and the other one a good review? What a joke...

I know that some other schools make you do a third interview if there is enough of a discrepency between the two. I guess just do extremely well on this next one. Good Luck!

Are you in-state or OOS? I'm OOS and had an interview there last week and another interview on Monday. It seems to be pretty standard.

If you are an in-state applicant, I would assume there was a discrepancy between two of your reviewers? Or maybe you're on the edge and they want somebody to solidify a yes/no?

I wouldn't worry too much about it - they must be interested in you if they are going through the trouble of having another interview.....

GL! Let us know how it goes.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm IS so it's not that big of a deal, I guess, just annoying. I could see my first interviewer not giving me a good review. He was a fourth-year student who obviously hadn't interviewed very often and seemed intent on trying to get me to slip up somewhere. My interview with the MD went very well. I'll just look at it like another day I get to skip out on school!

Yeah, I would definitely look at this as a good sign.

If they really didn't think you were worth a second look, they probably wouldn't have bothered with setting up an additional interview. :thumbup:

Just curious, what are your stats?

My stats, ECs, etc. are all listed on my mdapplicants link on my signature.

Yeah, it definitely means that there were discrepancies between the two interviewers. The same thing happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago who eventually wound up at Baylor. Apparently one of his interviewers was fairly hostile towards him with regards to some of his research, so they asked him up for a third interview after which I think he was accepted. Best wishes!