School: University of Utah

Notification date: Thursday August 5

Method of notification: Email

Residency: OOS

AADSAS mail-out date: June 3

Application complete date: June 21

GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.87

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/18/22/yes

Dates available OR your interview date: August 31( options August 24,26,31, Sept 2

Method of interview: In-person

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #4
Notification date: 8/18
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/3
Application complete date: 7/05
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/22/24/No
Dates available: Sept 9-16th certain days
Method of interview: In person

Interview #3
Notification date: 8/6/21
Residency: In-state
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/21
Application complete date: 7/1/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/23/26/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/26
Method of interview: In person

Last edited:
How were y'all's experiences? Mine is scheduled for October :scared:

I got an email asking for a professional photo. Does anyone know if I have to be wearing a suit or could it be a business casual photo?

I got an email asking for a professional photo. Does anyone know if I have to be wearing a suit or could it be a business casual photo?

The picture I sent in I was just in a shirt and tie.

How were y'all's experiences? Mine is scheduled for October :scared:

It was really good. They provided lunch, the students that we got to speak with were all super helpful and I felt they gave their honest opinions. The interviewers that I had were friendly and I did not feel stressed with their questions. Overall I had a really nice impression of the school and the faculty and staff that I met. Good luck with your interview!

Reactions: 1 user
It was really good. They provided lunch, the students that we got to speak with were all super helpful and I felt they gave their honest opinions. The interviewers that I had were friendly and I did not feel stressed with their questions. Overall I had a really nice impression of the school and the faculty and staff that I met. Good luck with your interview!
Thank you so much! Was it multiple short interviews with the faculty/students?

Thank you so much! Was it multiple short interviews with the faculty/students?
With faculty and someone from the admissions committee. 2 short interviews. They send out who you are interviewing with before hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I was wondering when we will hear back from Utah in terms of acceptances/rejections. I was looking at the quick start guide they handed us, and remember them saying Dec 2nd during the interview. Is that just a typo or are they going to wait until after the generalized time table of starting their offers of Dec 1st.

Hey everyone, I was wondering when we will hear back from Utah in terms of acceptances/rejections. I was looking at the quick start guide they handed us, and remember them saying Dec 2nd during the interview. Is that just a typo or are they going to wait until after the generalized time table of starting their offers of Dec 1st.
That's what they said at my interview - Dec 2nd. I thought it was kind of interesting too!

For those who interviewed: does your portal still say invited for interview?

Anyone else nervous for Wednesday? I have seen some different things about how Utah sends out their acceptances? I've also heard they might do the 2nd? Anybody know anything about this?
I emailed them and I was told that acceptances will start on the 1st

I was just waitlisted. Nothing talking about a ranked or unranked waitlist though like the past years… so idk what that means

I was just waitlisted. Nothing talking about a ranked or unranked waitlist though like the past years… so idk what that means
I was waitlisted too. just waitlist without ranked or unranked.

Does anyone know of a facebook or group me group for accepted?

Do the accepted students have a groupchat or facebook group yet??

Denied my acceptance. Was a very hard decision but I hope that opens up a spot for someone on the waitlist!

Denied my acceptance. Was a very hard decision but I hope that opens up a spot for someone on the waitlist!
Good luck! Were you instate? and where did you decide to attend?

Has anyone heard anything from the U?
I submitted a letter of intent and they told me they didn’t really expect the waitlist to move a ton as the class is full right now. It can always happen but I wouldn’t imagine a lot of in staters turning down offers

Just rescinded my acceptance. Fantastic school, good luck to anyone who is waiting on a seat opening!

Just got an email around 3pm saying the application cycle is closed. There is always a chance someone will drop out, but at this point the U is done this cycle.