University of Utah Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zenaforever

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at the University of Utah on Monday, and I was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed there could tell me what it was like - like if it was a panel interview or one on one, what kinds of questions they asked (do they really ask problem-solving questions?), and if you felt like you were in a relaxed atmosphere or if it was more formal than this.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at the University of Utah on Monday, and I was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed there could tell me what it was like - like if it was a panel interview or one on one, what kinds of questions they asked (do they really ask problem-solving questions?), and if you felt like you were in a relaxed atmosphere or if it was more formal than this.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Zenaforever, I interviewed there on 9/13. It was one on one, with two interviews. They start pretty much right off after about a half an hour intro. You have one with a 4th year med student and the other with a faculty member. The 4th year med student was awsome, but the faculty (at least for me) member asked me some intense questions. She really didn't care to get to know me personally, more of probing on how I thought and reasoned. However, some of the other interviewees did not have questions like this. My advice would be expect anything, read up on ethics, and if you get the same lady I did, think about how you would act as a hypothetical leader of a country in conflict.

Both of my interviewers were great. The faculty member did ask me some interesting questions like what would you do in this situation type questions, but they were not too bad. I think at Utah it can go either way. I was pleasantly surprised by my interview there. Don't be too nervous, just be yourself. Utah really looks for who would be a good fit in their class based on personality. Good Luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is on Monday too! See you there.

hey thanks so much for all your responses :) hopefully it won't be too bad tomorrow!

kingfisher see you soon!