University of Utah Ophthalmology Fellowship with Dr. Ambati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OphthoUTAH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDNers-- I just wanted to inform you all of a new fellowship position being offered to MDs. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the Research Pathology fellowship at the Moran Eye Center, but definitely be sure to check this one out (especially for those of you who didn't match this time around or have a gap year).

"Dr. Ambati, Professor of Ophthalmology at Moran Eye Center, is interested in recruiting an MD interested in a future career in ophthalmology for a 1 year fellowship with a 25% clinical, 75% research experience. Clinically, the fellow would be in Dr. Ambati's clinic (2 mornings/week) assisting with patients, performing minor procedures, seeing interesting anterior segment pathology, and optimizing clinic flow. Also, when a resident is not available, the fellow would scrub with Dr. Ambati on cataract and cornea surgical procedures (1-2 times/month). On the research side, the fellow would be expected to participate and facilitate ongoing bench research projects in ocular angiogenesis and drug delivery with a focus on models of macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy, as well as expedite performance, submission, and publication of small clinical research reviews and short case series."

For more information or if interested please contact Dr. Ambati: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I did an away rotation with Dr. Ambati while I was a med student, and loved it. He is a very bright, very kind man and a pleasure to work with. High-powered researcher as well. This fellowship sounds like a great opportunity.

SDNers for 2015-- I just wanted to inform you all of a fellowship position being offered to MDs. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the Research Pathology fellowship at the Moran Eye Center, but definitely be sure to check this one out (especially for those of you who didn't match this time around or have a gap year).

"Dr. Ambati, Professor of Ophthalmology at Moran Eye Center, is interested in recruiting an MD interested in a future career in ophthalmology for a 1 year fellowship with a 30% clinical, 70% research experience. Clinically, the fellow would be in Dr. Ambati's clinic (2-3 mornings/week) assisting with patients, performing minor procedures, seeing interesting anterior segment pathology, and optimizing clinic flow. Also, when a resident is not available, the fellow would scrub with Dr. Ambati on cataract and cornea surgical procedures (1-2 times/month). On the research side, the fellow would be expected to participate and facilitate ongoing bench research projects in ocular angiogenesis and drug delivery with a focus on models of macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy, as well as expedite performance, submission, and publication of small clinical research reviews and short case series."

For more information or if interested please contact Dr. Ambati: [email protected]