university of vermont - secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

X

So here is the question listed on the secondary:

HISTORY OF CRIMINAL CONVICTION OR ADVERSE JUDGEMENT:
Have you ever been convicted of a crime (including but not limited to motor vehicle infractions other than parking violations)?

So if i got into a car accident and it was considered my fault do I list it. It says "convicted of a crime." This really isn't a crime - is it? what does motor vehicle infractions mean anyways????:confused:

X

Members don't see this ad.

A car accident is not considered a crime, unless of course you're talking about something like vehicluar homicide or DUIs. They probably want you to exclude motor vehicle infractions like speeding tickets and citations for accidents.

Traffic convictions are minor misdemenors. If it asks for the traffic violations other than parking, it wants to know your speeding tickets too. Not that it matters...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not well versed in the law, but I believe that when you are charged as being responsible for an accident they site you with a crime. For instance, a few weeks ago I had someone hit my car in an intersection and he was deemed responsible and was charged with something like "Failing to stop at a red light". So I would assume that you have been charged with something to have been deemed responsible, like following at an unsafe distance, etc.

~AS1~

I have a question about this, here is the exact quote from the instructions:

Parking violations are the only convictions you are not required to document. For speeding tickets: you do not need to list them if they occurred 5 years ago or longer. All other infractions must be listed on the supplemental application, regardless of the amount of time that has passed. In addition, you must include a copy of the police report for each offense. You may obtain a copy of this report from the issuing jurisdiction.

So this means I have to include my running of a stop sign 3 years ago AND get a copy of the police report! This is insane, is it not?

Medikit said:

So this means I have to include my running of a stop sign 3 years ago AND get a copy of the police report! This is insane, is it not?

Hi guys,

I don't get this. I went to traffic schl 2 wks ago. And what the instructure said was that b/c of the schl the ticket doesn't even go on record. Either I misunderstood sth or traffic schl cleans the record.

If anyone has an idea/comment pls share

thanks and good luck to all

Medikit said:

Yes you do. The instructions state that you need to put down everything (including speeding tickets) within the last 5 years! I don't think my exceeding 100 mph on the motorcycle will look too good.