University of Vermont (UVM) Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nantell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I was accepted into UVM at the end of Dec and I am definitely planning on attending. Anybody else planning on going to UVM?

Members don't see this ad.

nantell said:
Hey everybody! I was accepted into UVM at the end of Dec and I am definitely planning on attending. Anybody else planning on going to UVM?

I really hope to attend! Just have to get off that waitilist.

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck to both of you!

nantell said:
good luck to both of you!

Hello, I really enjoyed UVM and might end up there.

Hello guys

I just interviewed at UVM, and I loved it! I hope to hear from them soon, wish me luck! IF (i hope) I get in, I'm there!

Speaking as a new 4th year, I have to say that the Class of 2009 and 2010 have totally lucked out. Having the new library and the new part of the medical school for your lectures is soooo money. The Class of 2007 was stuck in ghetto Hall A and Hall B...you guys will have a chill first year and a half! So high tech...

Congrats and enjoy!

I'm trying to decide between UVM and Penn state, any ideas on why UVM would be better?
I mean besides being in Burlington and having brand new facilities?

veruckt said:
I'm trying to decide between UVM and Penn state, any ideas on why UVM would be better?
I mean besides being in Burlington and having brand new facilities?

Definitely Penn State, for sure. It's way better in every possible way.

Truth: I love UVM with a fiery passion that knows no bounds, and you're presumably my ticket off the waitlist. Quit hoggin' your spot. :)

Okay guys, UVM is my absolute first choice, I loved it there! But I'm on the waitlist, so hopefully some people who were accepted don't like it and give me their spot!

I'm an access seat acceptance, so i dont know if me giving up my seat will help, but i'm doing it tomorrow.
Good Luck!! ;)

Has anyone received anything for Financial Aid?

I called several weeks ago, and they were preparing the letters to be sent out.

zippyjent said:
Okay guys, UVM is my absolute first choice, I loved it there! But I'm on the waitlist, so hopefully some people who were accepted don't like it and give me their spot!

I'm also waitlisted, for both the MD and MD/PhD programs. Anyone have an idea how the waitlist might move?

Also, they said to contact them in May. Is it reasonable to ask where I am on the list?

Anyone know stats on how many waitlisted/accepted?

I am thinking that since I am on the MD/PhD list, I am somewhere decent on the MD list, but there is logic no to that conclusion.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out I'm in the top third of the wait list. Does anyone know what my chances are of getting in?

mjakec said:
I just found out I'm in the top third of the wait list. Does anyone know what my chances are of getting in?

How did you find this out?

Surg Path said:
How did you find this out?
I checked my status online. (The same place where they told me I was on the wait list)

I'm on the bottom third of the waitlist, I'm said, but at least I got accepted at Jefferson! Have fun in Vermont next year you guys!

Who is going to the second look in May?

It's so expensive going there from Cali

zippyjent said:
I'm on the bottom third of the waitlist, I'm said, but at least I got accepted at Jefferson! Have fun in Vermont next year you guys!

Wow, Jefferson and not UVM? Jeff is a great school!

Just want to wish all of you guys on the waitlist good luck. :thumbup: May 15th is coming in five days and hopefully there will be lots of movement on UVM's list.

And, for those of us who are accepted and planning on attending UVM, lets bring some life back into this thread.

Where are you all from?

I'll start the list,

Basesofhumanity: California

BasesofHumanity said:
Who is going to the second look in May?

It's so expensive going there from Cali
I just got in off the waitlist and I'll probably attend. I'm from Utah. What's the info on second look? Have I missed it already?

mjakec said:
I just got in off the waitlist and I'll probably attend. I'm from Utah. What's the info on second look? Have I missed it already?
Congrats. The second look is gone. It was on May 12th.

BasesofHumanity said:

Hi- I wasn't able to make it to the second look. Did I miss anything important? I also haven't received anything from the school since I have been accepted, I don't even know when school is starting. Has anyone else recieved anything? Th

BasesofHumanity said:

Hi- I wasn't able to make it to the second look. Did I miss anything important? I also haven't received anything from the school since I have been accepted, I don't even know when school is starting. Has anyone else recieved anything?

Congrats to the UVM class of 2010! I just got off the waitlist myself, and now I'm trying to decide between UVM and NYMC. Any thoughts?

diphysio said:
Congrats to the UVM class of 2010! I just got off the waitlist myself, and now I'm trying to decide between UVM and NYMC. Any thoughts?

Me too. Let me know what you decide.

Anyone found housing yet? I am coming from California. Can't wait to meet everyone!

sorgeeuni said:
Anyone found housing yet? I am coming from California. Can't wait to meet everyone!

No housing yet...I'm still coming down off the high of getting in!! But I am coming from California too...norther CA...where in CA are you?!

Looks like I will be a vermonter for the next four years... Wahoo!!!

Where is the UVM love kids?

I am looking for an apartment within walking distance to UVM and would like to share a 2bedroom with another female med student. Let me know if you are interested in looking with me. =)

Just wanted to say hey to my future classmates...I just got off the waitlist yesterday. It doesn't seem that this thread is too active but anyway...can't wait to move to Burlington and meet everyone!!!

This boards been pretty dead lately... Anybody getting to Burlington soon?

Highclimber said:
This boards been pretty dead lately... Anybody getting to Burlington soon?

Hello future classmates

Coming from California and plan is to do it late July early August, but can change. You're right other threads have far more activity than ours. Hopefully it'll pick up soon. :thumbup:

Hi Everyone,
I was thinking about ordering text books online at Amazon or some other site for the fall - but I have no clue as to what is required. Anyone know?

Thanks.

slb830 said:
Hi Everyone,
I was thinking about ordering text books online at Amazon or some other site for the fall - but I have no clue as to what is required. Anyone know?

Thanks.

I have never trusted my mailman. He simply misplaces things. Did you guys get any info on books and stuff that we will need?

please, please don't buy any books before school.. just finished my first year at UVM and i bought maybe one book for the entire year.. your "big sib" will tell you the ins and outs of what to do/buy so just relax and enjoy the summer

Just wanted to say hi to my future classmates....I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in August. Enjoy the rest of your summers!

UVM COM
2 0 1 0

Does anyone know if we can just go to Health Services at UVM to get blood drawn/Tb tests, etc to fill out the necessary health forms??

Obviously I won't have my info in by the requested Aug 1 deadline...

Thanks.

Yep, you sure can. I didn't have all my "stuff" done when I got to school. Even if you had happened to get half the blood work done, the Student Affairs office will let you know what you're missing....don't worry, it's not a big deal, either way.

Good luck with your first year....

slb830 said:
Does anyone know if we can just go to Health Services at UVM to get blood drawn/Tb tests, etc to fill out the necessary health forms??

Obviously I won't have my info in by the requested Aug 1 deadline...

Thanks.

Hey guys, grats on UVM!

I needed some wisdom from all of you. I will be interviewing there this September and wanted some of your advice. Thanks:)

DrVanNostran said:
Hey guys, grats on UVM!

I needed some wisdom from all of you. I will be interviewing there this September and wanted some of your advice. Thanks:)

Hey there: didn't attend UVM in the end, but was accepted there.

My impression is that it is a great school, although if you are oos, it is also a very expensive school. Burlington is absolutely gorgeous and the facilities are top-notch. The students seemed very friendly and easy to get along with, and as far as I can tell (I am also very good friends with a second year there) you don't need to buy many textbooks.

The things I didn't like too much about the school were the accelerated curriculum (UVM finishes their basic sciences in a year and a half which means that classes start earlier than most schools and end later than most) and the fact that you have to take boards substantially earlier than most schools. I also didn't like the lack of patient diversity in the area-- Vermont is a very white state and the area seems pretty affluent.

Other than that, I would have been very happy going to UVM this fall.

true- accelerated it is... but, i have 4 months off my 4th year now to go play in europe, hawaii, dc, nyc, etc.

welcome class of 2010.

bugs- what's new baby baby?

p