UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT--WAITING LIST

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks Jedi4. For a while I was worried it was scaring everybody away. Eversince my last post you guys all disappeared. She doesn't bite though. That's my job. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Jedi4
Wow, so if you pass the biochem test you just have a lighter courseload... interesting.

If I get in... I'm definitely going to take the test just so I have the option, but I kind of wish they didn't allow you to get out of it because I think people who take it (again) will be much better off than those who don't. Solidifying the knowledge. I dunno... I love biochem and of all the classes I'd be most excited about biochem... but you can't really pass up getting out of a class and lightening up your courseload.

Anyways... not an issue unless I get in... ;)

Jedi4

P.S. By the way, 1st Rain Drop, I like the cat in your icon. :) It's a wild cat, right?

Jedi4-- Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the biochemistry exemption exam too... It would be great to have one less class to worry about, but I've talked to some doctors who have told me that sometimes its better to just go ahead and take biochemistry again, because you can always learn something new and allow the info to "solidify" and also this course will probably have a more "medical" perspective on it too... But it totally depends on the person and what one has learned in the past-- so again, Good luck to you guys studying!! :)
1st Rain Drop-- where did you get that picture of the cat? i didn't see it in the list of icons.... don't worry, i won't copy or anything like that... just wondering. :)

Hey Dynamic02, it's good to hear from you! The new avatar I'm using is actually from a different website. You are not restricted to using the one's SDN provides. If you browse through the web and find one you like just right click on it; then go to the "properties" option and copy the URL for that image. Finally when editing your profile on SDN, just put in the URL you've copied and you're good to go. By the way, this won't work if the image is too large. If you like you can even create your own avatar and use it directly from your hard drive. Anyways, I hope this was helpful and I really won't mind if you choose to clone my kitty.

Cheers,

1RD

(15 days before school starts!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know what you mean Dynamic. On the one hand, it would be better in the long run to take biochem since regardless of how much biochem we already know you'll always learn more in a new class. On the other hand, I know that once we're in the thick of classes having one less would sound so wonderful!! :) So who knows. I'm just surprised they have the option.

According to the director of the course only one student was able to acheive a passing score last year. 50 percentile could mean 93% for all we know. With that in mind, those of us taking it shouldn't lose momentum so early in the year if we don't pass but instead consider the experience greater preparation for what lies before us.

Kutashta, I'm borrowing another biochem review book from an upperclass student that contains additional questions at the end. You're welcome to photocopy them if you like. The more practice we get the better.

Only one student? How many took it though?

Thanks 1RD. I also have a pretty comprehensive book with questions I can give you as well.

It varies every year depending on people's backgrounds but she said there are typically 2-3 people who take it on average. I guess this year it very well could be just you and I kiddo. Let's rock it!

Bye everyone. I'm off to a mini-vacation. Hopefully I'll see everyone of you in class mid-August.

1RD

Originally posted by 1st Rain Drop
Bye everyone. I'm off to a mini-vacation. Hopefully I'll see everyone of you in class mid-August.

1RD

Have fun 1RD!!! :)