University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope, not Cali... Lots of family there though.

I grew up in Upstate NY. I mean, really far Upstate. Been to Burlington many times, lots of similarities to Northern NY.

Thanks for the congrats. I applied to UVM but didnt get an interview. I think my two speeding tickets (of record) may have had something to do with it ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Would you have gone to uvm over bu if you got accepted at uvm?

I just faxed my withdrawl letter. Tomorrow there should be a spot opening at UVM! Good luck!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
That a good start for July Bikehorse! Thanks and Good Luck to everyone!

I tried calling today but it seems they have gone back to the old schedule of MWF at admissions in asnwering status questions.

Anybody get through to admissions this weeks?

Bump....I've been trying to call without success. Any one have any success?

I spoke with admissions today and was told there was "steady" movement. Good luck everyone!

steady movement throughout the entire summer or recently? i think i'm pretty much screwed..top of the middle third.

I got a message from admissions today one hour after I called to check my status. Unfortunately, I was not home so I called back after office hours and left a message. I hope it's good news. Wish me luck! :love:

Faroa,

I hope it's good news. Let us know. I'm going to be at UVM starting this fall. Orientation is coming right up, August 9th. Yikes, summer is almost over.

Yes, it was good news. I got in. Thanks to everyone for the support!

Faroa,

Is this your first acceptance? Congrats! I will be seeing you there in a few months. I'm so happy it worked out well for you. Now you have to do some catch up. You have to get your immunization records gathered up, find housing, and get financial aid forms done.

But for now, just go out and have fun, celebrate for a day or two.

Yes, this was my first acceptance and I have nothing done yet. I don't even have the packet yet and I'm having bad luck so far today with housing. But I will try to have some fun before school starts. Thanks again.

Faroa,

If you don't mind saying, what were your stats like? My friend, Emily, is applying this year and she was worried about her stats. She graduated from a good small private college, but her GPA was like a 3.6 and her MCAT is a 25 (9,8,8). I didn't want to discourage her, but I think her MCAT might be too low. She's a vermont native though. And Vermont takes many residents. She's also applying to UNECOM and a couple of other New England schools.

Actually, we are almost identical except my science GPA was about 3.65. I think she will get in. Do you know where she is on the waitlist? I recommend calling every week so they know you are interested!

Traditional but applied late instead of waiting till next year. Thanks for the advice on financial aid.

MMK
Did you also get in? Congrats if you did.

Hey everyone, I was thinking of starting a new thread for those of us who were accepted for UVM class of 2008 so we could get to know each other a little before school starts in 3 weeks!! Anyone interested?? :)