University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! I just got an acceptance from UVM and their website is truly atrocious. I can't seem to find any information about the program and was curious if anyone here had been to the campus or has info about the program. I did see a scathing thread from a few years back that is concerning but was hoping for a newer perspective. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! I just got an acceptance from UVM and their website is truly atrocious. I can't seem to find any information about the program and was curious if anyone here had been to the campus or has info about the program. I did see a scathing thread from a few years back that is concerning but was hoping for a newer perspective. Thanks!
I also just got accepted to UVM! I saw they put their curriculum for class of ‘21 on their site if this helps at all. Same boat as you though. I want to know more about the program. Is UVM a top choice for you?

Congrats on the acceptance! I was accepted as well. I originally applied to their dual DPT/PhD program in neuroscience so I'm assuming that's what I was accepted for. Although the email made no mention of the dual program acceptance (only mentioned the DPT). I don't know too much about the school or the program either...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted as well! I really don’t know much about the program either but I applied so I could potentially have more options. I thought it was odd that they didn’t require any observation hours.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I also just got accepted to UVM! I saw they put their curriculum for class of ‘21 on their site if this helps at all. Same boat as you though. I want to know more about the program. Is UVM a top choice for you?
WCU is my top choice for financial, location, and recreative purposes. Plus, super wonderful facility. I am honestly very put off that finding information about UVM is so difficult. Their website is an absolute nightmare and they have no information about their facilities that I could find. I applied to UVM because I love Montreal and I am originally a New Englander. I was excited to see they seem to have strong neuroscience support which is where my undergraduate interests had been. However, given the high cost of tuition and large percentage of out-of-state acceptances, I am disappointed to see their online resources are so weak.

Congrats on the acceptance! I was accepted as well. I originally applied to their dual DPT/PhD program in neuroscience so I'm assuming that's what I was accepted for. Although the email made no mention of the dual program acceptance (only mentioned the DPT). I don't know too much about the school or the program either...
I was intrigued by the dual DPT/PhD option for sure, but again, haven't found much information about it. I will be calling them tomorrow to get more information about the program for sure. I'm excited to be accepted regardless and am already plotting a trip out there to tour the facilities. Did any of ya'll happen to notice a date they wanted an answer back by? Their initial decision was very sparse on specifics. And ultimately, congrats to everyone who got an acceptance! My excitement may be tempered but it's still dang exciting to have gotten accepted!

I was intrigued by the dual DPT/PhD option for sure, but again, haven't found much information about it. I will be calling them tomorrow to get more information about the program for sure. I'm excited to be accepted regardless and am already plotting a trip out there to tour the facilities. Did any of ya'll happen to notice a date they wanted an answer back by? Their initial decision was very sparse on specifics. And ultimately, congrats to everyone who got an acceptance! My excitement may be tempered but it's still dang exciting to have gotten accepted!
Yeah I'm having some difficulty finding information about the programs as well. And I definitely didn't see anything regarding a timeline for accepting our admission decision, which is pretty strange.

I went to UVM for undergrad and have a lot of friends that have been through or are currently in the DPT program there. They all have nothing but good things to say about it. I had most of the professors during my undergrad and they are excellent and very knowledgable. I was just accepted there, and would love to go back, but am attending a program that gave me a decent scholarship amount instead.

I went to UVM for undergrad and have a lot of friends that have been through or are currently in the DPT program there. They all have nothing but good things to say about it. I had most of the professors during my undergrad and they are excellent and very knowledgable. I was just accepted there, and would love to go back, but am attending a program that gave me a decent scholarship amount instead.
Hey that's great to hear. I'm glad current students have rave reviews for the program. I just spoke with an alum who gave mostly positive feedback, and overall it sounds like a great fit for someone such as myself who is interested in a small cohort and more intimate, team-heavy approach to learning. The fellow I talked to seconded your comment about an excellent faculty but added that there were quite a few newer assistant professors who would benefit from some more experience teaching... but isn't that every program? Congratulations on your acceptance and finding the right school for you. I am very interested in taking a tour of UVM's facilities as I'd like to know exactly where I could be working for the next few years. Overall, for other's reading this comment, the feedback I've gotten from students has been positive.

I got rejected to UVM, which was a bummer, but I honestly probably would not have considered going because their out of state tuition is exorbitant. However, I used to live in Burlington and the city itself is wonderful! It’s the best of both worlds with the lake and the mountains, and Burlington has lots of great food options and breweries. The campus is also really pretty, and it’s a short walk to downtown!

Just got an email from UVM. Looks like decision/deposit is due Feb. 15th!

I was accepted too!
As far as looking into the program, I checked out the curriculum and then referenced the UVM course catalog to get a better idea of the courses. Seems like a well-rounded program. I'm wondering if there is a class of 2021 fb page or something similar...?

I will more than likely be turning down my spot due to insane out-of-state tuition. No options to reclassify residency either if your intent is to move there for the program. No idea why their out-of-state tuition is so much. It's way more than any other out-of-state school I applied to, even a top 10 program.

I will more than likely be turning down my spot due to insane out-of-state tuition. No options to reclassify residency either if your intent is to move there for the program. No idea why their out-of-state tuition is so much. It's way more than any other out-of-state school I applied to, even a top 10 program.
Likewise. Especially given that it is a public school. The 2 private schools I applied to, one of them being Duke, are cheaper than UVM. Insanity.

I was accepted as well and reached out about possibly another "open house" type event. They said more information is to come but feb 8th should be their next one. Hope this helps anyone!