university of virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qui1027

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
i was looking at the uva secondary and was kind of confused when they asked, "WHat do you think will be your greatest personal challenge as a physician, and how will you address this?" Are they asking about personal issues such as balancing work and personal life or are they asking about medical issues I will face as a physician? or is it a combination of both? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

qui1027 said:
hi,
i was looking at the uva secondary and was kind of confused when they asked, "WHat do you think will be your greatest personal challenge as a physician, and how will you address this?" Are they asking about personal issues such as balancing work and personal life or are they asking about medical issues I will face as a physician? or is it a combination of both? thanks!

It can be either or a combination of both, if applicable. It is perfectly acceptable to answer this question by raising the issue of balancing your professional life with your personal life, if that happens to be the most challenging aspect you personally feel. If you choose to talk about a medical issue you will face, make sure to talk about how you would personally approach the issue.