University of Washington Entering Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rosecoat

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I didn't see a thread for the University of Washington for this application cycle so I thought I'd start one.

I just submitted my application. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

My coworker submitted his early decision application on August 31 and has an interview tomorrow, Friday the 8th. I submitted my early decision application on September 5 and have an interview on Monday the 17th. Hoping for the best now!

Good luck to OP and everybody else here.

Anyone know what the interview process is like, and how to prepare? I was offered an ED interview for the 17th.

Good luck you guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys residents of Washington or are you out of state?

Congrats on your interviews! I wish you the best of luck.

Anyone know what the interview process is like, and how to prepare? I was offered an ED interview for the 17th.

Good luck you guys!

From reading previous threads I saw that it's an open file interview. They ask you questions based off of things you put on your application. The website says it's 3 on 1 but I saw that some people were 2 on 1.

Other than that I'm not sure.

My coworker submitted his early decision application on August 31 and has an interview tomorrow, Friday the 8th. I submitted my early decision application on September 5 and have an interview on Monday the 17th. Hoping for the best now!

Good luck to OP and everybody else here.

Have you heard back?

Not yet! My coworker and I were texting each other back and forth today because we were both so anxious...

Hang in there the wait is almost over!!! I'm sure you both did well. I had a question about the supplemental app, how much did you write for the first essay? I don't want to just write one-page double-spaced... D:

Hang in there the wait is almost over!!! I'm sure you both did well. I had a question about the supplemental app, how much did you write for the first essay? I don't want to just write one-page double-spaced... D:
I wrote about 1,700 words, and that came out to be a little over a page and a half. I had the intro, conclusion, and one body paragraph for each of the quality listed and tried to organize them in chronological

I wrote about 1,700 words, and that came out to be a little over a page and a half. I had the intro, conclusion, and one body paragraph for each of the quality listed and tried to organize them in chronological

Ah okay, thank you so much for your help

So far who is officially a part of UWSOP entering class of 2017?

I had interview on oct 17th, got acceptance oct 21 for early decision! I'm down to answer any questions, so shoot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mid October I received an email that just showed that I completed all of the prereqs. They also mentioned that applicants (not ED) are interviewed between Jan-March, and those who receive an offer for interview will be notified via phone or email. I'm anxious to see when they start sending out interview invites to non-ED applicants :confused:

Reactions: 1 user
I had interview on oct 17th, got acceptance oct 21 for early decision! I'm down to answer any questions, so shoot.

What's your plan for housing? I got accepted too and now I'm focusing on all the logistics.. housing, financial aid, etc.

What's your plan for housing? I got accepted too and now I'm focusing on all the logistics.. housing, financial aid, etc.
I just recently submitted my Fafsa. For housing I would keep an eye out during spring/summer quarter, there is a UW facebook group for housing that you should join for now.

I got accepted on October 21 also! Feel free to ask questions :3

Just got an interview for Dec 19th! :D:D:D:D

Congrats!!! How was the interview?? I'm nervous because I've only ever done a closed file interview and MMI.

Congrats!!! How was the interview?? I'm nervous because I've only ever done a closed file interview and MMI.

I was ED and this was my first and only interview, so this is what I remember and experienced.

It was a very informal interview, it was 2 on 1. They told us that if you received an interview that you were clear in terms of pre-reqs and pcat score. So the interview was more so testing your ability to hold a conversation and not be awkward/weird. The interviewers were very chill and easy to talk to (they understand that you are nervous), very casual. Biggest tip is to read up on your personal statement and to be able to explain everything you wrote (have examples ready to back up). I am certain that 99% of the interview is about your personal statement. They emphasized teamwork, asked how I worked w/ a team, my hobbies and work experience.

To prepare for the interview I memorized answers to generic interview questions (why pharmacy, why UW pharm, strength/weakness, etc.). Then tried to integrate it into my answers during the interview. Again, know the essays in the personal statement / supplemental app. I wrote about how I failed a class in my sup. app, so they asked about how I would improve for next time/what I learned from failing. Interview was only 30 min, there was optional tour after.

All of the staff are SUPER chillax, so don't worry/stress too much.

Good Luck, keep the questions coming.

I was accepted through ED and it was my first and only interview as well. I was pretty surprised with how smooth it went and the questions they asked me were all about me. I assumed they would ask questions relating to the pharmacy industry and typical behavioral interview questions. For me, all the questions were based off what I wrote in my essays or application.

The interview is like a professional first date. All they know is whatever you wrote about yourself and that's what initially attracted them to you. Like on a first date, when you meet in person the interviewers will ask follow up questions on what you wrote to get to know you more.

Basically if you know yourself pretty well and aren't socially awkward, interview will go well for you.

I was accepted through ED and it was my first and only interview as well. I was pretty surprised with how smooth it went and the questions they asked me were all about me. I assumed they would ask questions relating to the pharmacy industry and typical behavioral interview questions. For me, all the questions were based off what I wrote in my essays or application.

The interview is like a professional first date. All they know is whatever you wrote about yourself and that's what initially attracted them to you. Like on a first date, when you meet in person the interviewers will ask follow up questions on what you wrote to get to know you more.

As stated previously, the faculty/staff are cool. Basically if you know yourself pretty well and aren't socially awkward, interview will go well for you.

The interview was interesting! It was a very personalized experience from the moment I arrived there. I only saw 3 other interviewees. It was harder to prepare for since I wasn't sure what they would focus on from my app, and I don't think I got many of the traditional interview questions.

I just got my acceptance today! :love::biglove:

For those of you who are planning on attending UW, do you know if there is already a FB group created for the Class of 2021 to talk about housing, talk to other students, etc.?

Got my interview invitation wooooooo!

If any of you are from Seattle, can you tell me what it's like to live in the area? I'm OOS :confused:

I would like to know as well, I'm from Texas.
I've never been to NV or texas, but Seattle's a fun place to be with diverse food options on "the ave" and international district. Constantly raining and somewhat gloomy, but we rarely have thunderstorms (people here prefer rain jackets over umbrellas). Snow hasn't been bad enough in the last 10 years to the extent that you are stuck in your house. I love the summers, just the right temperature for me. In the Spring, you'll have tons of tourists at UW taking pics of the cherry blossoms on the "quad". Transportation-wise, we have a newly built light-rail system that connects the campus to downtown Seattle, and brings you there within 15 mins or so.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! Just wanted to say thank you for the interview advice; it's helped me relax a bit more about it. My interview is on the 20th!

Does anyone know when I can expect to receive an admissions decision after the interview? On their website, they say the admissions committee reviews the bulk of the applicants after all of the interviews have occurred, but is this fully accurate? I read in this thread that some ED applicants received their decisions within a week of their interview, so I was just wondering if this turnaround time was only for early decision or might be relevant to all applicants.

Hi all! Just wanted to say thank you for the interview advice; it's helped me relax a bit more about it. My interview is on the 20th!

Does anyone know when I can expect to receive an admissions decision after the interview? On their website, they say the admissions committee reviews the bulk of the applicants after all of the interviews have occurred, but is this fully accurate? I read in this thread that some ED applicants received their decisions within a week of their interview, so I was just wondering if this turnaround time was only for early decision or might be relevant to all applicants.

If you applied ED they had to respond to you by October so that your app can be opened to other schools if you didn't get in, but as far as regular decision I have no clue heheh I have not interviewed with them yet

I received an acceptance email from them about 7-10 days after my interview (regular decision). The interview was in December.

I got my acceptance packet today, and look forward to joining you all in the fall :)

For those of you who are planning on attending UW, do you know if there is already a FB group created for the Class of 2021 to talk about housing, talk to other students, etc.?

I don't think so. Let's start one! Housing, financial aid.. all the stressful stuff is coming into play now

I have another coworker who applied via regular admission, interviewed last Friday (1/20/17), and received his acceptance email last night (1/25/17).

Hope everyone who applied receives good news soon! :)

I don't think so. Let's start one! Housing, financial aid.. all the stressful stuff is coming into play now

I emailed my student ambassador, and she told me that there are FB groups, but the one for our class may not be up yet because it's still early. Hers didn't go online until around April. If you all want me to make one early, I can! :D I can email Cher to let her know so it can be passed along to our classmates. Also, I was told that there is a UW Housing page separate from the pharm FB. So if you're looking for roommates or places to rent, I would check that out + https://www.hfs.washington.edu/housing/Default.aspx?id=184#gsc.tab=0 it seems pretty helpful. I'm definitely stressing about financial aid and gaining residency in WA...

I interviewed 2/3 and got my acceptance packet today! :)

For those of you who have been accepted and completed your background check, have you received an email from the admissions office with info to set up your email account and pay the deposit? :eek:

Yes, received email for email account. Paid deposit by mail few weeks ago. Haven't heard anything else after that

Yes, received email for email account. Paid deposit by mail few weeks ago. Haven't heard anything else after that

Eventually, you will receive an email confirmation once they receive your deposit. I paid my deposit via mail as well and I got my confirmation 8 days later.