brookester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
Status
Waiting around in the 'competitive pool' is beginning to make me nervous. Does anyone know how many WA openings are still available? I believe that the final EXCOM meeting is the end of March, does that mean its the only one for us?

PhotoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2004
NYC
Status
Medical Student
brookester said:
Waiting around in the 'competitive pool' is beginning to make me nervous. Does anyone know how many WA openings are still available? I believe that the final EXCOM meeting is the end of March, does that mean its the only one for us?
Hey! No bucking the trend of using the huge UWash adcome meeting thread. Besides, I think this is answered there.

futuredoc10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
brookester said:
Brookester:

There are ADCOM meetings for WA residents on 2/23, 3/2, 3/9, and 3/16. At each of these meetings there will always be new applicants that have just interviewed. From 3/23-3/25 they will have final reviews for everyone still left in the pool and will make final acceptances, rejections, and the two waitlists. Hang in there, as we are all just as anxious and nervous as you are....and trust me, there are alot of us. FYI, there have been approximately 45-50 WA seats filled out of the 100 so far.

OP
B

brookester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
Status
futuredoc10 said:
Brookester:

There are ADCOM meetings for WA residents on 2/23, 3/2, 3/9, and 3/16. At each of these meetings there will always be new applicants that have just interviewed. From 3/23-3/25 they will have final reviews for everyone still left in the pool and will make final acceptances, rejections, and the two waitlists. Hang in there, as we are all just as anxious and nervous as you are....and trust me, there are alot of us. FYI, there have been approximately 45-50 WA seats filled out of the 100 so far.

Thanks for the info and good luck to you!

FMGP8P

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
futuredoc10 said:
Brookester:

So it seems that there are 50-55 seats left to be filled. Do you happen to know how many people are still in the competitive pool?

futuredoc10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
FMGP8P said:
So it seems that there are 50-55 seats left to be filled. Do you happen to know how many people are still in the competitive pool?
I tried getting that out of an admissions counselor about a week ago and wasn't given an exact number. But, from what they said, I would guess about 200 or so. You have to remember that not only are there 50-55 seats left but they also add another 25 seats on the ranked waitlist, which in the past 10 years has been completely exhausted. So there are about 75-80 seats left. If any of get the chance, you should try calling the admissions office and see if the counselor you happen to get will give out some numbers! :thumbup: If they do, please report back!

macha

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
Status
Anyone have any idea (or any stories) to share about WA people who were on the unranked waitlist but not accepted and then re-applied? This is my situation this year. I am pretty much just making myself crazy by even looking at this website, but I can't help myself!! A friend of mine was put on the ranked list the 2nd year, and ultimately accepted off of that, but that's the only story I know...Thanks!

reddyroo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2004
Status
If accepted to UW, would you go there?

If you're rejected, what is your back-up plan or school?

macha

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
Status
reddyroo said:
If accepted to UW, would you go there?

If you're rejected, what is your back-up plan or school?
I would attend UW this year without a doubt, because I only applied to UW this year (gasp!). I know that seems to go against the norm on this website, but I couldn't help holding onto a bit of optimism while on the unranked last year. By the time I got the official "no" it was way too late to apply to other schools. If I don't get in this year, I will apply near and far next year. I took my last MCAT in 2003 - I can't figure out if that covers me for next year's application plus the year after, or just next year. I know it's 3 years, but it seems like calendar-wise, I could get a 4th application cycle out of it...not sure.

In other words, I have no back-up plan for this year! I will continue to work and focus on big-time apps for next year....sigh.