1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

University of Washington, hard to get in?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Gasedo, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Gasedo

Gasedo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Does anyone have any info on UW? Anyone got any interviews? What are your stats? I am applying next year and I didn’t see much about this school in this forum.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hermey_12

hermey_12 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    At my interview, they told me they expected around 1400 applications for the 55 spots, and only 5 of those being out of state residents. I fall in the "out of state" category and got an interview. Here are my stats. Good luck with everything.

GPA:3.96
    DAT:21/21/19

4. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

In a nutshell: if you are an out-of-state applicant then you probably stand a better chance of getting struck by lighting. It's even very competitive for in-state applicants as well. I go to school with a couple of very bright and competitive people whose state school is UW and they were either rejected or placed on a wait list.

5. Chris125

Chris125 Member
    5+ Year Member

UW is my top choice. I sent my secondary application in to them the 3rd week in September. I haven't heard a thing from them since. I was hoping they were just backed up because of all the applications they received this year. But then again I'm applying from out of state, so I may have a better shot at getting struck by lightning. I'm trying to stay positive though. ;)

6. Gasedo

Gasedo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks guys, I am an in-state applicant, so hopefully I will be :luck:

7. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Justin in 3rd year at UPenn also came from UW. He was my tour guide on my interview. :D Seemed like a really smart guy :thumbup:

8. bluhe02

bluhe02 Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    I sent my secondary out on a tuesday (mid Nov) and received info about an interview the following Monday (less than a week). I also know people with my same #'s who are still waiting. I think they take into account a lot other than numbers.

My stats:
    DAT AA: 18, PAT: 22
    GPA: 3.67