• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Gasedo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
Does anyone have any info on UW? Anyone got any interviews? What are your stats? I am applying next year and I didn’t see much about this school in this forum.

hermey_12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
At my interview, they told me they expected around 1400 applications for the 55 spots, and only 5 of those being out of state residents. I fall in the "out of state" category and got an interview. Here are my stats. Good luck with everything.

GPA:3.96
DAT:21/21/19

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Gasedo said:
Does anyone have any info on UW? Anyone got any interviews? What are your stats? I am applying next year and I didn’t see much about this school in this forum.

In a nutshell: if you are an out-of-state applicant then you probably stand a better chance of getting struck by lighting. It's even very competitive for in-state applicants as well. I go to school with a couple of very bright and competitive people whose state school is UW and they were either rejected or placed on a wait list.

About the Ads

Chris125

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
UW is my top choice. I sent my secondary application in to them the 3rd week in September. I haven't heard a thing from them since. I was hoping they were just backed up because of all the applications they received this year. But then again I'm applying from out of state, so I may have a better shot at getting struck by lightning. I'm trying to stay positive though. ;)

Gasedo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks guys, I am an in-state applicant, so hopefully I will be :luck:

Audio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Toronto
Status
Sprgrover said:
In a nutshell: if you are an out-of-state applicant then you probably stand a better chance of getting struck by lighting. It's even very competitive for in-state applicants as well. I go to school with a couple of very bright and competitive people whose state school is UW and they were either rejected or placed on a wait list.

Justin in 3rd year at UPenn also came from UW. He was my tour guide on my interview. :D Seemed like a really smart guy :thumbup:

bluhe02

10+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2005
Washington
Status
Pre-Dental
I sent my secondary out on a tuesday (mid Nov) and received info about an interview the following Monday (less than a week). I also know people with my same #'s who are still waiting. I think they take into account a lot other than numbers.

My stats:
DAT AA: 18, PAT: 22
GPA: 3.67

About the Ads