University of Washington, hard to get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gasedo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on UW? Anyone got any interviews? What are your stats? I am applying next year and I didn’t see much about this school in this forum.

Members don't see this ad.

At my interview, they told me they expected around 1400 applications for the 55 spots, and only 5 of those being out of state residents. I fall in the "out of state" category and got an interview. Here are my stats. Good luck with everything.

GPA:3.96
DAT:21/21/19

Gasedo said:
Does anyone have any info on UW? Anyone got any interviews? What are your stats? I am applying next year and I didn’t see much about this school in this forum.

In a nutshell: if you are an out-of-state applicant then you probably stand a better chance of getting struck by lighting. It's even very competitive for in-state applicants as well. I go to school with a couple of very bright and competitive people whose state school is UW and they were either rejected or placed on a wait list.

Members don't see this ad :)
UW is my top choice. I sent my secondary application in to them the 3rd week in September. I haven't heard a thing from them since. I was hoping they were just backed up because of all the applications they received this year. But then again I'm applying from out of state, so I may have a better shot at getting struck by lightning. I'm trying to stay positive though. ;)

Thanks guys, I am an in-state applicant, so hopefully I will be :luck:

Sprgrover said:
In a nutshell: if you are an out-of-state applicant then you probably stand a better chance of getting struck by lighting. It's even very competitive for in-state applicants as well. I go to school with a couple of very bright and competitive people whose state school is UW and they were either rejected or placed on a wait list.

Justin in 3rd year at UPenn also came from UW. He was my tour guide on my interview. :D Seemed like a really smart guy :thumbup:

I sent my secondary out on a tuesday (mid Nov) and received info about an interview the following Monday (less than a week). I also know people with my same #'s who are still waiting. I think they take into account a lot other than numbers.

My stats:
DAT AA: 18, PAT: 22
GPA: 3.67